Big block k-frame value

-

lee01

Reaction score
just wondering how much a early a-body big block k-frame is worth?
I will remove one from my 71 Duster and was wondering what should I ask for once its removed.

That's not an early A body. The early A's are from 63-66. I guess if you found somebody with a numbers matching big block car with a boogered up k frame it would be worth a lot. But you can make one out of the stock K frame easily so I would say maybe 150-200 bucks.

If it is an original 71 Duster K-member it isn't a big block k-member. The BB k-members came in 67-69 Darts and Barracuda's. The 71 Duster never came with a BB. Of course someone could have put one in there or it may be a Direct connection K-member. Can you post a picture of it?

I know they were no bb in any duster.
The last owner started to make a bb swap, but never finish.

I'ved look online, and it look like a dart-baracuda 66-69 bb frame.

Next time i'm working on the car i will take pics.

if its an original big block k-frame it could be worth a good amount.. if its a dc k-member its worth less. if its just a modified k-frame not much.

It caint be a 66 K frame if it's in a 71 Dart. 67-72 were the same.

If it looks like this its a A Body K. I`ve been offered $1500 for it but its one guy he stared at $500 last time I seen him he said $1500 I told him it was part of the car and I would never sell it.

Attachments

• 155.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 1,009
  • 154.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 1,099
A neighbor of mine has one listed for $450 and I don't think he has had much interest in it.

If your neighbor is selling it for $450 let me know I`ll buy it and sell it to the guy that comes by my shop lol

To the right guy that needs the right one for a restoration it's worth what he's willing to pay. To everyone else it's worth the cost of conversion mounts or elephant ears.

Dirrect Conection made Big block K members for instalation of BB's in 67 to 76 A's. They get pretty pricey depending on what you have . They also Had Hemi K's that could be used for the BB.

I haven't work on my car for awhile, but I have one pic that show the mount.
It look like MoparMic is showing.

The other critical area to see is the idler arm mount to see if it a 67 or 68-69...

I finally took the time to take it off my car.
Here what it look like.
What you guys think on the value and years its from?

It's '68/'69 according to the idler arm mount.....being all dented on the bottom (actually all over) will reduce the price somewhat.

Why would the DC K-member be worthless? I have a nos dc member never installed in perfect condition and been offered quite a bit for it over the years. Clay

Why would the DC K-member be worthless? I have a nos dc member never installed in perfect condition and been offered quite a bit for it over the years. Clay

The quote from abodyjoe, post #5 is:

"if its a dc k-member its worth less."

As in, not worth as much as an original.

Worthless and worth less, have two very different meanings.

And Joe is absolutely correct, BUT there are more buyers for a DC k-member than an original...

Yea I guess I miss read the post, I'm human;) I been offered 500.00 for it numerous times but haven't sold it yet.

Yea I guess I miss read the post, I'm human;) I been offered 500.00 for it numerous times but haven't sold it yet.

I'd take that and run. The DC k-members were notorious for poor quality and other issues (as far as I know they were all made in one batch in the mid-70s). The one that I had my hands on had ovaled strut rod holes because they missed when they put the plates over the existing holes, so they just ground them out to match. That car had a shimmy that would not go away, which I warned the owner of (it was so bad I could see it in my rear view mirror when he was behind me after a show).

That doesn't mean there is an issue with yours, but you have pretty much been offered what I consider top dollar...

I own a DC K member. Fantastic piece! Paid $75 bucks for it in 1981. Proud owner.

-
Back