Big block rebuild - where do you buy your parts?

-
I would advance the cam some more. Put it in at 102. It is going to like rpm so head flow will help it.
Thanks 496. When I get to getting this back together, I'll chime in and see what you guys think. Really appreciate the info!

4.10s will work, BUT you need a GOOD converter. I would put a tight 3500-4200 behind it. You can cruise around like a stock converter and it will flash to 3500-4200 when you launch it. You'll need to call and actually talk to a converter company though. Word to the wise. Don't cheap out. The converter can make or break your build.

Completely agree! I had a custom converter built for my 11 to 1 360 68 Cuda years ago. I used PTC. It was night and day difference. As always, thank you for the great advice Rusty

I think you said you are using a 484 cam which i assume is the purple shaft? One of my favorite cams i ever ran, it's not huge but makes good power, the street manners are just awesome and it sounds great.. I switched that same motor to a 509 cam and hated it after that :(

BTW... nice on the 4.10s... i have a fresh 4.57 pig sitting here and it's just too much.. i'm thinking of how i wanna go with it

I think you said you are using a 484 cam which i assume is the purple shaft? One of my favorite cams i ever ran, it's not huge but makes good power, the street manners are just awesome and it sounds great.. I switched that same motor to a 509 cam and hated it after that :(

BTW... nice on the 4.10s... i have a fresh 4.57 pig sitting here and it's just too much.. i'm thinking of how i wanna go with it
Correct, now... I don't know if it's the older version cam with a different centerline or not. Seems like on such a mild engine that it won't make a huge difference. Especially if I advance the cam like what's being suggested.

I tried to let people know, I hope a bunch of people jumped on it. I thought about buying a couple sets and hoarding them but that’s just not my style.

I tried to let people know, I hope a bunch of people jumped on it. I thought about buying a couple sets and hoarding them but that’s just not my style.
They are saying that you have to buy eight. an the price comes up to $870. Even though at the top it says it's a set they're not selling them as a set anymore evidently.

-
Back