BIG NHRA News

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Saw a couple of BIG news items on NHRA.com today, Mopar news first:

* Kurt Busch is going to make his NHRA Pro Stock debut at the GatorNationals in a new Dodge Avenger driving for Allen Johnson and sponsored by Shell
* Ashley Force-Hood is sitting out the 2011 season as she and her husband are expecting their first child in the summer. Mike Neff will be back behind the wheel of the 3rd JFR Funny Car. Congrats to Ashley! Hope she gives John a grandson, but either way just hope its a healthy baby.

Is Kurt giving up NASCAR?
That kid will be born in a driving suit. Congrats to the Force family!!!

If I remember correctly Kurt Busch has a HEMI powered 8 sec. '73 Challenger. Wouldn't surprise me.

Is Kurt giving up NASCAR?
That kid will be born in a driving suit. Congrats to the Force family!!!

No kiddin. They need to wrap it in that nasty *** Castrol jacket John never washed.

This just shows how cheap it is to Drag race. He runs Nascar full time & his hobby is NHRA Pro Stock Racing. He ain't about to give up them NASCAR BUCKS!

Congratulations to Ashley Force and to the family, They better look out for Allen Johnson, he can get the job dun, JMO

Congratz to the Force/Hood family!

Did allen Johnson switch to GM or Ford? I thought I recalled hearing something about that.

Here ya go Joe, Looks like our MoPar man from Tennessee will continue to be a mopar man and there is some cool pictures of his new driver Kurt Busch that is tired of just going in a circle

http://www.allenjohnson.com/blog.htm

This just shows how cheap it is to Drag race. He runs Nascar full time & his hobby is NHRA Pro Stock Racing. He ain't about to give up them NASCAR BUCKS!

Cheap???? Even bracket racing is not cheap these days. I will have alot of money in just the engine of a street car. My son has over 30k in his car and he doesn't have a block or rotating assembly. Racing is only cheap if you have great sponsors paying the bill or you drive someone else's car.

Roger Penske and Kurt Bush signed a meda sponsorship deal in the off season that has Penske's trucking company and dealership using Penzoil products and Kurt Bush moving out of the #2 Miller Lite Dodge to the #22 Penzoil Dodge in Sprint Cup. Brad Kesolowski will drive the #2 car.

Kurt Bush has been dabbling in drag racing for the past few years I am quite sure he was able to get Penzoil/Dodge to kick in the money for Allen Johnson to prepare a car for him to run a few times during the season.

Cheap???? Even bracket racing is not cheap these days. I will have alot of money in just the engine of a street car. My son has over 30k in his car and he doesn't have a block or rotating assembly. Racing is only cheap if you have great sponsors paying the bill or you drive someone else's car.

I meant that as tounge-in-cheek humor. Those guys in Nascar make so much money, that they can race Pro-stock as a hobby.
To you & me, extra money for hobby does'nt include Pro-Stock racing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPG3YMcSvzo"]YouTube - Independent George - Worlds collide[/ame]

Speaking of big news,check out this article about NHRA-
(NHRAcomplaint.pdf)
For years many Pro drivers have been very unhappy with how NHRA runs the operation,were money goes and such,the payouts to the drivers?
I t is a interesting article!!!
Bill

Here's Kurt's new weekend ride when he's not turning left

Attachments

• busch2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 264
  • busch3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 255
Good luck to Kurt..but prostock is dominated by Pontiacs,best Dodge finish is nowhere near #1 for awhile now...

Good luck to Kurt..but prostock is dominated by Pontiacs,best Dodge finish is nowhere near #1 for awhile now...

Just as soon as AJ figures out how to hook his Avenger up for four rounds, he will be the one to beat. He was number 1 quailfier at several events last year.
He is making as much or more HP than the GM cars.

Just as soon as AJ figures out how to hook his Avenger up for four rounds, he will be the one to beat. He was number 1 quailfier at several events last year.
He is making as much or more HP than the GM cars.

Ya,ok..thats what they were saying when Mopar came back out with the hemi in prostock a few years back..by the way it don't matter who qualifies #1 its who finishes #1 on Sunday that counts..

Great! Another sport the crybabys gonna make me quit watching. I can't stand the busch brothers.

-
Back