Billet Specialties Thermostat Housing?

-
I moved to the billet specialties housing and haven't had a leak or issue since. When I needed to change out the thermostat I wanted to change the o-ring just to be on the safe side. Summit wanted damn near the price of a housing just for the o-ring! Went to McMasterCarr and found the right size o-ring and spent less for 25 (smallest quantity I could buy) than the price summit wanted for 1 Billet Specialites o-ring.

I've changed intake manifold 3 times and used the same O ring and no leaks maybe I was just lucky

I just looked up the price of the Billet Specialties o-ring thermostat housing, did you really pay $67.95 for it? I would bet that the Flashpower for $37. is made by the same people, but it's your money.
Billet Specialties makes all of their stuff in house and I doubt they would make the same housing for another company to sell at almost 1/2 the price of their own part.

Then Flashpower must be or is a knock off. I have 2 of them and no issues. No problem yet with using the same o-ring, but they carry those too. Quality product in my opinion.

Billet Specialties o-ringed housing on mine. Love the quality and fit of this product.

I put a Billet Specialties housing on my 451 No leaks or seeps since Money well spent!!!
I did the same thing. It was only about $45 or $50 when I got it about 6 years ago. I installed an Edelbrock Air Gap and chased leaks for months. I tried several brands of gaskets with and without various types of sealants and adhesives, and it still leaked. I tried block sanding the mounting surfaces, and it still leaked. I bought the Billet Specialties with an O ring. leak stopped. I hear and understand what some people are saying, but at some point, you gotta do something. I tried everything people were suggesting, but only the Billet Specialties worked.

I've never had problems with stock ones. But then, I always check them for flatness and true them up if necessary. The store bought ones are total junk though. I prefer old OEM stock ones. Much better metal and a lot thicker.

I've never had problems with stock ones. But then, I always check them for flatness and true them up if necessary. The store bought ones are total junk though. I prefer old OEM stock ones. Much better metal and a lot thicker.
I totally agree. I was not having problems with a stock housing. I thought since I bought a nice new Air Gap manifold, I would buy a nice chrome plated one. That is when my problems started. Chinesium junk.

-
Back