Biohazard

-
No, it wouldn't be wrong. I also like the stainless strip. My black 66 seats have it and it really adds to the look.

I was a thought that popped in while surfing area Craig's for any Barracuda parts and found a guy selling a full set of seats, front and rear. The fronts were already redone with fresh upholstery and were of the 67 variety.

I really dig the look but, as with anything, he's not giving them away.

Great info on the '69 seat frame reinforcement, though. Just when you think you're an expert on something....

Alright kids...time for some fish news albeit not much. I acquired the 'other' two hubcaps for the car so I now own (soon to possess) a complete set.

Pics:

...and #4:

Those will look very sweet on your ride!!

By the way if you were to get those 67 buckets you need the matching 67 cover for the rear. Have you ordered covers yet?

I have not.

What's keeping me from doing so is that I consider that to be sort of a 'final touch' item and feel I should have the rest of the car sorted out before committing funds to it.

What makes me want to order covers now is to give the fresh vinyl time to out-gas so that it will be immediately useable when I'm ready to install.

...decisions decisions.

They're really not bad at all and look to be consistent with the other two.
Even though she's far from finished...she def looks less ratty with shoes on.

Slowly getting the new werkplatz operational.

Just prior to this work shift -

...aaaaaand this morning -

You can see I added a shelf. Yippee. In the 2nd pic, most of the stuff sitting on the cabinet will go on the shelf once the wood oil dries (takes dayz, yo) and so will that radio sitting atop the toolbox*. I want to mount a peg board next to the wood cabninet once I get those containers out of there.

*thats a 1963ish Zenith tube AM/FM I've been cleaning up. Gave it a good cleaning, lubed the moving parts, and have replaced some of the more smoky looking vacuum tubes - basically giving it the obsessive teeth & tires treatment - and it plays beautifully! I love old stuff.

Rocket launchers, of course.

wcMOn.jpg

Have you thought of Habitat for Humanity for some cabinets for the walls? Or a state auction for some horizontal file cabinets
images

I have 8 of these, Slide out and look really clean when closed

Cool idea. I do try to make do with what I've got. It would be too easy for me to accumulate stuff that I would eventually lose a need for. After this recent cluster of moves, I really do want less stuff, not more but I do like the concept. Maybe consolidate some of my 'loose' stuff into something like that or...I dunno. I really want to just consolidate my loose stuff into a car, lol.

Got all my hubcaps now but one of the new ones is darker than the other three.
So, I am leaving it outside to let the New Mexico sun bring some needed "seasoning" to it. :D

Those hubcaps are going to look awesome! Have to have tunes in the garage!

I worked on vacuum tubes when I first went in the military. I love the old stuff too!

Agreed! Tunes are critical to a successful garage environment. I really already had that covered with the big Sony into which I play my iPod but a vintage Zenith looks way cooler on the shelf than anything current. I've got the ol' curtain burner all put back together now but I snapped this before closing her back up....

Awesome week. Some foo backed over our gas meter. 5 days no cooking and no hot showers.

...but, garage got painted somewhere along the line so the nesting process there is almost complete.

Agreed! Tunes are critical to a successful garage environment. I really already had that covered with the big Sony into which I play my iPod but a vintage Zenith looks way cooler on the shelf than anything current.

Agree that the old radios look cool and most of 'em sound good, but since back in those days there really wasn't anything worth listening to on FM, that section of the radio was mediocre at best. Was gonna put a factory AM-FM in my Dart but the FM was so deaf all I could get were a couple stations. AM worked great, but I'm not really into old folks music, conservative talk or religion so I'll pass.

Had a 90s vintage Alpine stereo that didn't look too modern I put in the Dart (complete with cassette adapter for my mp3 player), Onkyo receiver in the garage.

Glad to hear you got more painting done...but bummer why! Dang Fool...hope it wasn't family!!

You realize we're waiting patiently (or not so patiently) to see you complete your barracuda, don't you!!!! So far, your restorations thread has been great!!

Thanks, 66! Nah...no family but you'll love this:

Had a mobile groomer come to the house (think "Mutt-Cutts") and after making our pup as handsome as ever, she promptly got about a yard off the driveway backing out and hit the meter. Bent the pipe, gas company had to come and cap it off till the pipes were repaired and an appropriate barricade erected. It was one of those things where, even as we were considering making an offer on the place that I was like, "man, somebody's gonna hit that thing."
Turns out, this wasn't the first time. But it will be the last. In the end I was like, shoulda just washed him my damn self.

proof of working...
Got the garage paint done, worked some organizing, and hung some german beer deco to bring the feng-shue.
Nesting is critical. You have to take your time. Its not easy making comfortable space out of a roller rink. I got some good stuff set aside for the Cuda's area, tho.

Stuff piled up on the fish....I know, 'blasphemy'!

I've been following this thread since the beginning and I must say that the level of attention given to every little piece of the car is incredible, although I realize that it's necessary to achieve a needed level of cleanliness it's still very impressive what you have done. You must have a lot of patience to have pulled this off, especially combined with moving multiple times.

I have a question for you about the dash bezel. I saw where you pulled out the lenses to clean and detail that area. What did you do to hold everything together when you reassembled it all? I looked through the posts trying to figure out what you did but could not find a reference to how you did it.

I currently have the dash in my car all apart, got the gauges all refurbished and now want to clean up the lenses and reassemble it all. Somewhere in the past life of my car someone pulled the lenses out of the bezel and then did a poor job of putting them back in. Whatever glue they used to hold the metal retaining rings onto the posts on the back of the bezel did not work since they fell off when I went to take it apart. Any advise you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hey man thanks for the very kind words and glad this thread is of help to someone, even if it has gotten a tad off track, lol.

I'll post up about the dash work this evening when I have more time to do so.
Cheers!
-Dan

Okay...so the right way to do the lenses is......

If they are still there, you should have plastic posts onto which the metal tabs secure. With the plastic posts sticking up through the holes, you then use a soldering iron to melt the tops of the posts, effectively mushrooming them down over the metal tabs.

Failing this, probably due to not having enough material left at the top of the posts, you will just need to resort to the adhesive of your choosing or you can try to source some plastic to use to fuse with the nubs using that soldering iron.

I used a combination of these. Where the posts were tall enough, I melted them. Others got glued. All got a dab of epoxy as a bit of extra insurance.

No matter how you proceed, take care about pushing on the lenses while reinstalling the gauge faceplate.

I ended up having to glue mine in also. I used a hot glue gun to secure the lenses.

EXCELLENT point about not pushing in the lens when re-installing cluster...ask me how I know!!

I love how your garage is coming along. I had one about that size when I lived in Georgia. Moved to Virginia Beach and ended up with a one-car. Now we're planning to move back to Georgia and we will have our wishes in hopefully will be our home for a looong time. My wife wants a rocking chair front porch and I want a 2-3 car garage. Will probably keep and rent out the house in Virginia Beach. Might be good to have when we retire!!

The posts on mine are mostly gone because of PO having at it, so epoxy it will be.

Did you polish your lenses, and if so, what did you use?

Your garage is looking good, I'll bet it feels good to be settling into some place that it sounds like you are happy with after all the moving around.

-
Back