Blasphemy

-

mikedevore

Reaction score
Its bad enough having a turdyoda bodied funny car, but now there is a honda bodied funny car. I'm watching the races from Arizona. Give me a break.

This is why racing sucks. No one is brand loyal. There are classes for your $50,000.00 civics running in the tens, when the cv joint don't break. Go watch them. Its bad enough that GM & FORD bodies ride that MOPAR DESIGNED HEMI!

what i want to know when did all the other brands come out with there own HEMI

agree--its sickening to see a TOYOTA emblem on a top fuel car--- WTF do they have to do with it?

This country has gone to **** and now the old AMERICAN sport of drag racing is infested.

What team is running the Honda body, Mike? I just checked the Funny Car entries for this race and it shows that 4 teams are running the Toyota Solara body - no other import bodies are mentioned.
I totally agree with you, I'd much prefer to see traditional 'Big 3' manufacturer funny car bodies on the Funny Cars. But racing is big business and it's all about the money.

What team is running the Honda body, Mike? I just checked the Funny Car entries for this race and it shows that 4 teams are running the Toyota Solara body - no other import bodies are mentioned.
I totally agree with you, I'd much prefer to see traditional 'Big 3' manufacturer funny car bodies on the Funny Cars. But racing is big business and it's all about the money.

DHL team, Kallita. It looks like a solara, but has the honda "H" in the center of the grille. My son pointed it out, while we watching the race on Sunday.

I agree....used to watch nascar back couple years ago they would interview drivers and ask, "How important is brand loyalty?" and they would say, "Oh thats the most important part." I call B.S.! Year later they would be driving a toyota or some damn thing.....drag racing must have caught the same bug. I really wish they would just make a seperate class and/or race for "these" kinds of makes....goin to hell in a hand basket.....IMHO

What's the matter?
You afraid you really might get beat
by a HONDA!:poke:

Really, I could care less what body is on the car. Still too funny in TF and FC that they cover up the spark plug wires going into the engine to try to hide the fact that it's not a Hemi. John Force's Hemi with the "Boss" covers on it. Since when did Ford use a front, angled distributor. Two in this case?

So if the body says whatever on it, still takes the big Hemi to produce those speeds and ETs.

All,

Don't ever kid yourself the only loyalty the pros have is to the almighty dollar. The dollar keeps them racing. They would put Walmart on the side of their vehicles if paid enough money to do so. Given the current economy I think we all would do the same if given the opportunity.

JFR /Ford Motorsports have been "designing" the "Ford TF engine" for about 5 to 6 years now. They took the aftermarket Hemi design and basically copied it, with the exception of the valve train.

My 2 cents.

sscuda

I totally understand the business aspect of funny car racing . BUT , it`s sad to find that some people really think Force`s engine is a "Ford" , same with Larry Morgan`s new "Ford" . Really a rebadged prostock Hemi . Ford offers they engines in prostock in to flavours GM and Mopar to attract racers to their program . Morgans' already got a lot of R&D into his new "Ford" since he ran a nearly identical engine in his old Mopar .

Not realy in to TF or FC any way. I wish they would show SS more on TV. But ya it is getting bad. "toyota race car" There is a good oxymoron for you.

Not realy in to TF or FC any way. I wish they would show SS more on TV. But ya it is getting bad. "toyota race car" There is a good oxymoron for you.

Burnt Orange,

Now you're talking "show more S/S on TV". I can relate to that!!!! or better yet bring SS/A back as a pro category and eliminate Pro Stock.

I love the Mopar brand but give me a break, a 2dr Avenger!?!?!

sscuda

All I can say is.........................

honda.jpg

I love my Mopars.
That being said,I'm tired of GM and Mopar sticking there hand in my pocket for bailout money.
If they can't make it on there own,let them fail.Free market.
They might make better financial decisions if the bailout option was off the table.

By the way I've worked for myself since 1982.

Getting good sponsors is one of the main focuses of any racing team, especially in an economic recession. They`ll put just about anything on those cars if you throw enough money at them. Does anybody remember the Underall`s car in Nascar?

-
Back