blizzard of '06

-

66dartman

Reaction score
Thinking of moving to Colorado? I hope you like snow!! Just spent the last 3 days trying to keep a fleet of firetrucks & ambulances in tire chains and out of the ditch. I have lived in Colorado since '71, and 3 of the 5 worst storms on record have been since '82. I am ready to go where it's warm!!

3 storms in 24 years doesn't sound all that bad. Although you have had a good one going the last couple of days.

I'll bet the next person that says anything about global warming you are going to punch in the neck.

Chuck

Heard you guys were having quite the blizzard, that's a drag, hope the worst is over for you.

66dartman, i've posted some pics of my backyard on the "A Little Cool Today" thread. View with caution as it may cause unpleasant flashbacks! :shaking2:

Feel free to send some of that snow up here to New Hampshire. It has been sunny and mild with only a few cold snaps. It has been more like late March here this season.

_LY

I saw on tv you had a h*ll of a blow, we had ours on Nov. 30. I've had my fill of winter.

I have to admit... I'm looking at moving south soon myself! A little snow I can handle.. but when the post office, UPS, FedEx all shut down along with our super fantabulous airport. I have to say that this one was better then the blizzard of of '03 - since it isn't spring this time. But yeah ... 10 hours diging out the driveway is insane.

yea, this snow was easier to plow than '03. I was hoping for a mild winter so I could sort the Dart out some more. Oh, wait, winter just started. Never mind.

moparron said:
I have to admit... I'm looking at moving south soon myself! A little snow I can handle.. but when the post office, UPS, FedEx all shut down along with our super fantabulous airport. I have to say that this one was better then the blizzard of of '03 - since it isn't spring this time. But yeah ... 10 hours diging out the driveway is insane.

Oh yeah, the brand new airport thats 22 miles east of Denver in the middle of "Tornado Alley"? I wonder who made a bucket of money on that project! :wack:

-
Back