Bloomer Performance

-

WEBBY

Reaction score
I heard Rod was also doing small block heads but I couldn't find any information on the. Thanks Webby.

Kind of yes. He is taking a casting, who's I forget and hesitation is at my river Rios to write Pro Comp heads obtained bare and filled with well executed work and a (IIRC) CNC porting with ports developed by Brett Miller.

Do a search here with "BPE" in it and it should show up.

The heads are a work of art trying to talk a buddy into buying a set and selling his eddy

Kind of yes. He is taking a casting, who's I forget and hesitation is at my river Rios to write Pro Comp heads obtained bare and filled with well executed work and a (IIRC) CNC porting with ports developed by Brett Miller.

Do a search here with "BPE" in it and it should show up.

My heads are not Pro Comp castings. Brett Miller developed the port and Tony Bischoff at BES does the cnc work and valve job.

Rod

My heads are not Pro Comp castings. Brett Miller developed the port and Tony Bischoff at BES does the cnc work and valve job.

Rod
Damn it Rod, I'm trying my best to sell people on your heads. Thanks for chiming in. I'd love to do another stroker with your rotating assembly and this time with your heads also. The last small block, BPE stroker kit street motor, made 601 HP on pump gas, with our ported ProComp heads.

The ProComp heads took a lot of extra work plugging and relocating exhaust manifold bolt holes, sleeving rocker shaft oiling holes and correcting the rocker stands. Because, they had the wrong radius cut in them, the rocker shafts wobbled in the stands!

My choice.........Rod great guy to talk to ... hopefully will have them next month or so..

My income tax check will pay for the heads complete .. I told Rod this last month... in the process of filling out my income tax.. i will post pictures when i get them ......From reading conversations around FABO... the intake to use with them is the RPM Airgap .. ported

Has anyone bought the heads did they ever do the dyno run on both sets of heads Thanks Webby

Has anyone bought the heads did they ever do the dyno run on both sets of heads Thanks Webby
The heads ....well, they looked okay on paper... but ultimately they have area that suffer from low velocity, probably leading to distribution problems....they made less power than the previous questionable set of heads on members motor on this very sight.

If you think these heads are the holy grail, the definitive in ultimate power production that will put you ahead of the pack... you're dreaming.

There is development still going on,(if you can read between the lines) and development of any thing takes time. I think we will still be keep in silence, for some time yet..............

That was early summer when the bad news hit the web about BP heads HP and TQ output ... wonder where he is at with the cylinder heads now ?

I think as with any head cam profile comes into play. And just like any serious builder many cams are tested. All of a sudden one outshines the others.

BPE heads are not W7 or better. But, for a ported casting pretty good. Extra money for intake and rockers is necessary for his relocated intake valve heads.

I chose a basic replacement aluminum head very similar bit, unported for my sons cars. They are grunt engines to cruise.

If they were to cam, intake, and carb up. I would definately call Rod.

Not many are keeping up the LA engine parts. Don't be so eager to talk the guy trying down.

I think as with any head cam profile comes into play. And just like any serious builder many cams are tested. All of a sudden one outshines the others.

BPE heads are not W7 or better. But, for a ported casting pretty good. Extra money for intake and rockers is necessary for his relocated intake valve heads.

I chose a basic replacement aluminum head very similar bit, unported for my sons cars. They are grunt engines to cruise.

If they were to cam, intake, and carb up. I would definately call Rod.

Not many are keeping up the LA engine parts. Don't be so eager to talk the guy trying down.

I don't care who does the port work, the BPE head isn't even as good as a W-2 head. It can't be. That doesn't mean it can't make power. But it will never make power like a W-2 or better head.

And there was a very long thread here of a members try of the BPE heads.
In short, they failed.

But that's OK! (Except our member who is out of luck. Rod made good and is very much a stand up guy.)

But the head still failed.

We all are awaiting the return of the revised BPE head. When Brett gets to addressing the issue is a guess as is the rest of the project.

Eagerly awaiting the BPE head.

I don't care who does the port work, the BPE head isn't even as good as a W-2 head. It can't be. That doesn't mean it can't make power. But it will never make power like a W-2 or better head.

How do you come to this conclusion?
His lower level head has the pushrod pinch.
The higher level has the pushrod moved as well as the intake valve. The intake side is pretty good. I don't remember the exhaust port being raised like the W2, not sure.

Thing is Rod does not make any of the claims you are incinuating. I have never heard him say "will out perform W2, W5, or Indy 360-2".

That's like me saying no W head can out perform a drag race prepared P7. And my P7's are not drag race prepared.

Rod's a straight up guy who loves LA based smallblocks. He's not making a killing. He deserves a pat on the back for trying not a kick in the knee.

How do you come to this conclusion?
His lower level head has the pushrod pinch.
The higher level has the pushrod moved as well as the intake valve. The intake side is pretty good. I don't remember the exhaust port being raised like the W2, not sure.

Thing is Rod does not make any of the claims you are incinuating. I have never heard him say "will out perform W2, W5, or Indy 360-2".

That's like me saying no W head can out perform a drag race prepared P7. And my P7's are not drag race prepared.

Rod's a straight up guy who loves LA based smallblocks. He's not making a killing. He deserves a pat on the back for trying not a kick in the knee.

If you go back and look at the Bloomer head thread, you'd see I never said anything bad about Bloomer or his heads. So let's clear that up.

Secondly, seems you've been around long enough to understand it you don't move the valve, rocker, port or all of them, it is what it is.

If he is starting with a passenger car head casting, unless you move everything and weld the head it will always be what it is.

I've never said the BLP head was equal to any other head. In your post you were the one who said they were not equivalent to a W-7 head. I merely pointed out no matter what you do, that his head will never be equivalent to a W-2 head. That's all I'm saying.

He's reading what he wants to read and not what's written for the sake of argument.

The BPE head, Edelbrock, etc... are all stock replacement heads that will only go so far. Period.

If you want to go further, start with a Chrysler W series head, Brodix B1BA-MC, Indy or Victor.

If anybody actually knew who Leon is and how much he knows about smallblocks( and how fast he has been with them) they wouldnt be argueing with him.
The W2/W5 heads are race heads.
The eddie, bloomer heads are factory replacement heads.
Any discussion of race heads shouldnt include the Brodix MC head, its a dog. Nobody i know has ever been " fast" with them. Its an underperformer, at best.

If anybody actually knew who Leon is and how much he knows about smallblocks( and how fast he has been with them) they wouldnt be argueing with him.
The W2/W5 heads are race heads.
The eddie, bloomer heads are factory replacement heads.
Any discussion of race heads shouldnt include the Brodix MC head, its a dog. Nobody i know has ever been " fast" with them. Its an underperformer, at best.

What makes the W-2/5 heads race only? Because of offset intake rockers? The head doesn't know what it is.

The W-2 head is just as streetable (probably more so) than any production based head. Especially when you start getting over 375 inches.

What makes the W-2/5 heads race only? Because of offset intake rockers? The head doesn't know what it is.

The W-2 head is just as streetable (probably more so) than any production based head. Especially when you start getting over 375 inches.

Oh yea man! Nice large port to feed.
The W series of heads are race heads because there not a OE stock production head installed on everyday passenger cars OR even limited run special cars. Only through Direct Connection could you have gotten those heads. (And then later by the speed houses) while the head (W2/5) could be used with very docile cams in C bodies to drive Grandma everywhere, they weren't. And it would be somewhat crazy to do so IMO, but it there money to throw away! LMAO .... GO! Grandma!

(IIRC) We had a fella here with the Brodix B1BA/MC in the low 9's. That's not fast for a N/A car?

Oh yea man! Nice large port to feed.
The W series of heads are race heads because there not a OE stock production head installed on everyday passenger cars OR even limited run special cars. Only through Direct Connection could you have gotten those heads. (And then later by the speed houses) while the head (W2/5) could be used with very docile cams in C bodies to drive Grandma everywhere, they weren't. And it would be somewhat crazy to do so IMO, but it there money to throw away! LMAO .... GO! Grandma!

(IIRC) We had a fella here with the Brodix B1BA/MC in the low 9's. That's not fast for a N/A car?

I get what you guys are saying. I grew up in a time when most of what I ran on my street car was considered "race" parts.

Today, we should all know that parts once considered race only work very well on street stuff. That was my point.

Hell the cam in my street car would not long ago have been considered a race cam only. It idles at 950 RPM, drives nice...so easy my wife drives it.

True! Today's heads flow like a house on fire by compare to yesteryears heads.

IMO, a lot of the old soooo grinds on have run were nothing like a lot of cams I have run recently. Depends on the grind.

-
Back