Blower Motor Fan switch Wiring

-

ringo440

Reaction score
I have a 73 Duster that I just purchase and the heater blower would not work. I pulled instrument cluster to get the wiring and there is two plugs that looks like it would plug into the fan switch . One plug has red, black, green, brown and seems to be coming from main harness and has power with car switched on. The second one has just brown and green wires and no power and seems to be a stand alone harness just for the heater box. I would think that the plug with the power would plug into the fan switch. But I don't see anywhere to plug the second one into. Am I missing something a relay maybe ? This is a A/C car.

20170107_125239.jpg

The brown/green connector goes to the heater resistor. The mate is on the heater box, look under dash on passenger side. The terminals are on box.

The brown/green connector goes to the heater resistor. The mate is on the heater box, look under dash on passenger side. The terminals are on box.
The plug on the heater box on the passenger side is already plugged in and it brown and green wires. Is there a resistor up close to fan switch ?

I do not think so, resistor is in box for air flow. Best consult factory service manual wiring diagram. Try Web search "73 duster wiring". There are a bunch, many in color.

I do not think so, resistor is in box for air flow. Best consult factory service manual wiring diagram. Try Web search "73 duster wiring". There are a bunch, many in color.
Yea, I have tried that and have not found one that shows a very good wiring digram of the heater and A/C wiring. I guess I will order a factory service manual and see if there a better wiring digram in it. Thanks for your input

Sorry I could not help, I had trouble matching your picture, with your connector descriptions.

Typically there is one correct way to connect things.
Places to connect include a/c switch, fan speed switch, resistor, and motor. There should be clues, connectors must mate, wiring length to reach.

-
Back