Blue Print engines 408 Stroker

-

67mopr

Reaction score
Has anybody bought a Mopar 408 stroker base engine from blueprint engines? My buddy and I have talked about them and have actually talked to them about the 408 base. The lady we talked to was named Tru she seemed very helpful and knew about the engines. Oh by the way the 408 based and dressed engines on Summit and Jegs DO NOT HAVE THE 2.02 VALVES in these engines. We asked her and she said they need to quit advertising that cause they don't. I read some older post that said these engines were junk. Sonny was on phone with True for like a half hr talking to her. I could get the base deliverd to my door for $3900. I figure 375 HP and 460 TQ would move my Barracuda, Thanks , Jim

There have been threads here and over at moparts about those motors ( can't pull them up right now because I'm posting from my phone). Haven't really heard anything good about them. Very poor customer service from them seems to be the common theme. If it were me I would be very hesitant to buy a motor from them.

Oh ok Any suggestions on a good street motor? I have an LA 360 block like to get around 400 hp 440TQ My budget is around 5 grand. Thought abought just getting the block cleaned and then a decent roataing assembly with some RHS heads from Brian at IMMengines or hensley motors Any suggestions? Thanks

Oh ok Any suggestions on a good street motor? I have an LA 360 block like to get around 400 hp 440TQ My budget is around 5 grand. Thought abought just getting the block cleaned and then a decent roataing assembly with some RHS heads from Brian at IMMengines or hensley motors Any suggestions? Thanks

I would talk to Brian about suggestions on cam and valve train. He knows his stuff.

CNC Motorsports sell short blocks too.

Same with Muscle Motors and Manici Racing.

I know I am sick of waiting to get my 340 short block done at my local engine shop.

I wounder too how many times folks screw up the break in--or have the motor timed wrong or jetting wrong. Then when the motor breaks its all the fault of who built the motor.

I have bought from blue print, I had alot of trouble with the engine plus real bad service from them when i reported issues that i had, they did replace the first 408, but it took 9 months to get it, the new 408 is in now and it seems to be good only time will tell, IMO shop around.

Heres my "stock" stroke 360 combo,cost me under $5k and this is with port Edelbrock heads too: '77 360 block 30 over and decked
"stock" crank 10/10
eagle rods
speed pro pistons/rings 10.7 to1 comp.
Lunati .513/.533 "voodoo" hyd. cam
Edelbrock 65 cc slightly ported heads
Comp cam roller rockers
Edelbrock air gap intake
Quick fuel 850 carb..this combo has run a best 11.79 in my '70 "street" duster through full exhaust,full interior..no need for a stroker here..\\:D/\\:D/

Oh and as for the original question i wouldn't trust ANY crate(crap) motor!!!

I would just get Brian to build you a stout bottomend topped with the RHS heads.It,ll be better for you knowing who built it and whats done to it.Gives you piece of mind!Good luck!:read2:

Heres my "stock" stroke 360 combo,cost me under $5k and this is with port Edelbrock heads too: '77 360 block 30 over and decked
"stock" crank 10/10
eagle rods
speed pro pistons/rings 10.7 to1 comp.
Lunati .513/.533 "voodoo" hyd. cam
Edelbrock 65 cc slightly ported heads
Comp cam roller rockers
Edelbrock air gap intake
Quick fuel 850 carb..this combo has run a best 11.79 in my '70 "street" duster through full exhaust,full interior..no need for a stroker here..\\:D/\\:D/

Damn Stroked, sounds like it gets it !!!

I would just get Brian to build you a stout bottomend topped with the RHS heads.It,ll be better for you knowing who built it and whats done to it.Gives you piece of mind!Good luck!:read2:
I have to say I like what Brian does with the RHS heads. Seems like the cheapest Rotating assembly have been around $1195. Thats if I stroke it out to a 408. Like I said before though I don't know how it would do if I just got block cleaned and honed .30 and decked and a good rebuild kit, with a decent crank and a cam that the duration is around .292 and a 501 lift. My buddy says I would get power from the heads cam and intake... I appreaciate everybodys input

I have bought from blue print, I had alot of trouble with the engine plus real bad service from them when i reported issues that i had, they did replace the first 408, but it took 9 months to get it, the new 408 is in now and it seems to be good only time will tell, IMO shop around.
Thats what makes me leary of them. I read where a guy named CravnsCuda put one in his, but I never saw anything back about how it's doing. Seems like it's kinda a luck of the draw with them LOL

oh also I have learned this old saying to be true when it comes to parts for my car. " If it seems like a deal to good to be true, then it probly is!!

Carolina machine engines, Broke in, with dyno sheet, and warranty.
Oh? how much?

CNC Motorsports sell short blocks too.

Same with Muscle Motors and Manici Racing.

I know I am sick of waiting to get my 340 short block done at my local engine shop.

I wounder too how many times folks screw up the break in--or have the motor timed wrong or jetting wrong. Then when the motor breaks its all the fault of who built the motor.
I have a catalog from Muscle motors,,, The Small block krate that $5600 seems like it would be great 440hp 500TQ gawd that move my barracuda LOL

Heres my "stock" stroke 360 combo,cost me under $5k and this is with port Edelbrock heads too:

OH! I am soooooo with this guy! IF I had 5G cash to start with, I'd have money to port my Edel. heads. I just got done with my stock stroke 360 engine. It's a simple thing to rebuild it. Just so long as your machinest cuts and bores correctly and all the parts fit and turn and etc.... nicely, it'll be alot cheaper and tons more fun and super satifing to say, "I built it!"

All prices rounded off and minus deliverey which aint much;

230 for KB107 and rings
all bearings under 100
balancing 300
gasket kit under 60 (MP's kit)
Boil block, hone, brass frezze out plugs (Normally I do this) galley brushing (Cleaning) and plugs, bronze distributor bushing, mic'd bores,
340 bucks
Purchase my own cam bearings and install them myself. I forgot price, I think they were like $60, IIRC

Less the cost of adhesive/gasket maker, lock tight and stupid stuff... which most I allready had...

I assemble short block myself in the garage for $1090 Now WHO's kickin *** baby!

IF your heads are in good shape, then your down something like a complete cam kit from Comp Cam. It has most everything else your missing at this point. They range from $300 to BoooKoooo dollors.

SCREW the create engines and there crap work!
They SHOULD be ashamed of themselves! In a BIG way.
Check new avatar for the almost latest picture!

-
Back