BluePrint Engines 392 Hemi Interest? Thoughts? Comments?

-
Yes! It's approved, done on paper, quoted, and we have ordered in parts. Just have to fit into the schedule, and get to work on it. Realistically very similar hp and cost to our 427 gm LS3. It will be marketed as a 392. Fully forged. Turn key with or without controller/harness. Timeline still kind of Gray. Hoping early summer.
I was talking to a customer of mine today encouraging him towards your way.. he has a 65 GTO and not sure about going with the Pontiac motor or just sticking a Chevy motor in there, kind of bang for buck...

I was talking to a customer of mine today encouraging him towards your way.. he has a 65 GTO and not sure about going with the Pontiac motor or just sticking a Chevy motor in there, kind of bang for buck...
Thanks for that! Yeah we do have some very nice LS offerings if the budget is there. Or SBC/BBC if he wants to keep cost down. Thanks!!

Thanks for that! Yeah we do have some very nice LS offerings if the budget is there. Or SBC/BBC if he wants to keep cost down. Thanks!!
He's seeing some of those Speedmaster deals and they are phenomenal no question, but they don't offer the kind of warranty you do and for a little bit more having everything completely dialed in with a break-in and Dyno sheet it's just hard to beat in the end..
I kept telling him that the distributor in carburetor will be tuned in and dial then just perfectly and no breaking anything in or anything just hit the key and all greatness from minute one.. I also prompted him to ask about not starting the warranty until he could actually get to using it? The GTO is completely gutted and at least six to nine months away from starting assembly again. I would be shocked if he would be ready to drive it this time next year..

I was telling him that quite possibly his blueprint box to go towards some headers or something like that? Maybe you can make a suggestion...

Also what I wasn't sure about was the crossover from the Pontiac 400 that was in it to being able to hook the 4-speed bellhousing and other things?..
I'm not familiar with all the Crossovers of Brand X..

Also what I wasn't sure about was the crossover from the Pontiac 400 that was in it to being able to hook the 4-speed bellhousing and other things?..
I'm not familiar with all the Crossovers of Brand X..
Sure! Glad to help . GREATLY appreciate the reference. I will PM you.

Just this afternoon as the drive tires on the Hemi Express were slippin' a little on the rain slicked streets I was thinkin' a 392 Gen III for the Dart would be a boat load of fun. Add a 2" dropped axle from Speedway, ditch the power steering, for extra clearance :rolleyes:.

Will do for sure! I'm excited about it. Looking forward to getting it done

I haven`t been interested in a gen 3 swap due to all the bullshit to make one run right. I`m old school too . If all that can be worked out flawlessly without the rich mans prices , I would consider it myself. Be even better if it could be had old school/carb type engine , no cyl shut down and all that crap.-------JMO

I haven`t been interested in a gen 3 swap due to all the bullshit to make one run right. I`m old school too . If all that can be worked out flawlessly without the rich mans prices , I would consider it myself. Be even better if it could be had old school/carb type engine , no cyl shut down and all that crap.-------JMO
It's basically plug and play with our setup. It'll depend on what you call a rich mans price I suppose. Comparing us to a
Other new crate offerings, we would easily win IMO. Comparing us to pulling a 5.7 out of a wrecked 300k mile pick up truck....That's just not our space. The "scary" part of those swaps is software and wiring. Thats where plug and play is awesome. Hacking together your own harness is where the mess begins...or..."Hoping" that craigslist takeout is in good shape.

IMO - Go for it !!!!! If I wasn't eyeballs deep into my big block Scamp I'd do it in a heartbeat . Suggestion : offer a MPFI AND carb version . I think the factory wiring harness is STUPID . The aftermarket efi systems prove this . Price point should be equal to LS swap not double the cost .

IMO - Go for it !!!!! If I wasn't eyeballs deep into my big block Scamp I'd do it in a heartbeat . Suggestion : offer a MPFI AND carb version . I think the factory wiring harness is STUPID . The aftermarket efi systems prove this . Price point should be equal to LS swap not double the cost .
exactly the goal. other than the carbed version....
you'd basically be paying for the EFI software and compatibility (to drive the coils) and then reverting it back to carbs. I highly doubt we'd get into a carbed version. not to mention the insane price of the drag pack type manifolds. I tested the only "inexpensive" carbed hemi intake out there. it did not fare well on an eagle headed engine, even vs a plastic 5.7 intake. and i'll leave it at that.

As far as cost goes, 408 vs 392, I think the value of you're car will go up more with the 392 setup and especially down the road when these kinda swaps become more common place. Every time my neighbor starts up his Hemi Charger I'm liking that sound more and more.
It's the future for our kids and the hot rod industry.

you'd basically be paying for the EFI software and compatibility (to drive the coils) and then reverting it back to carbs. I highly doubt we'd get into a carbed version. not to mention the insane price of the drag pack type manifolds. I tested the only "inexpensive" carbed hemi intake out there. it did not fare well on an eagle headed engine, even vs a plastic 5.7 intake. and i'll leave it at that.
Well, I've got the Gen 3 392/545RFE package in my 70 Dart and I love it. I go down the road @80mph and I get 18MPG. I'm about to start a 68Charger build and was going to do another 392 crate package with a NAG1 this time, so I'd really be interested in your 392 package if its going to be available soon. Let me know.

Last edited:
Well, I've got the Gen 3 /545RFE package in my 70 Dart and I love it. I go down the road @80mph and I get 18MPG. I'm about to start a 68Charger build and was going to do another 392 crate package with a NAG1 this time, so I'd really be interested in your 392 package if its going to be available soon. Let me know.

I f ur not ashamed , tell us how much $$ are involved in each-------

I think you are on to something. Most of the other venders have GenIII packages but by the time you add everything up you are are closer to $18k for 500hp. If I had the opportunity to do this 10 years ago I would be even happier now. I did the junkyard swap and have put a lot of hard miles on my 5.7. The 392 is my next drop in option. If y’all could come up with a header package at a decent price that would would help us too and possibly Blue Print. Will definitely be watching this. A 392 will definitely help my Cuda on the open road courses.

Blueprint has the best customer service in the world. There's no comparison to Mopar packages or any other small time company.

That, in my opinion, means that even going the lowER dollar 5.7 option makes sense. It takes a lot of know how, reseaech, and failure to get a pull-out engine to run. There are more wallet warriors than wrenchers when it comes to hot rods, so any easy drop in will sell. Every time. Plenty of shown cars and cruisers would be happy with 400hp and a $1500 savings.

The 392 still sounds like the best bet though. By the time anyone puts together a small block to compete, they're in for similar cost. There's more aftermarket support for the g3 all day long though. It's a no brainer. Knowing what I know now, if the package you're talking about was available a couple years ago, it would have been a better choice than my 408!

Not sure if they were mentioned, but to truly succeed, we'll all be wanting an easy drop in. So that means headers, mounts, computers, etc for A and other bodies (but I only care about our A's). 4 speed support would be huge for me, at least. The more custom parts required, or fabrication required, will cause people to just go with what fits - a small block.

I think a 392 wiuld be great. I have plans for a 340 stroker in my 67 Dart, have block and crank, would like to connect to T56, but if a GEN3 kit were available...take my money. When you have machining, Proflow EFI, Trickflow heads, SCAT rods and pistons etc, a 392 crate looks great. Serve as a COMPLETE kit to save the solo integration nightmare and you have a deal...

...meanwhile, start working on an electric powertrain swap too. THAT is not far away (purists will be after me).

Johnny Mac, I started a conversation with you, have you seen it?

Johnny Mac, I started a conversation with you, have you seen it?
Sorry, no! I sometimes dont get notifications. I missed the last few posts on here. ! Let me open my messages...
These new banner ads are terrible. Maybe I clicked send, and clicked an ad by mistake.PM'd you.

Last edited:
-
Back