BluePrint Engines 392 Hemi Interest? Thoughts? Comments?

-
As an a body owner idI feel as if I was building a multi million dollar house in a poor neighborhood....
I brought my car for $1,750 and I'm putting a 10k motor in it....? :realcrazy:

As an a body owner idI feel as if I was building a multi million dollar house in a poor neighborhood....
My 69 Dart I bought in 1999 for 225$ I have a 4500$ rack and pinion for it. Just money who cares what neighborhood it’s in.

As a 10 second A-Body owner that has probably 10K in my 600 HP 408 (Buying parts AT COST) I think a MPFI gen III with 600 HP within spitting distance of that isn't too shabby.
My "mule" car is a 75 B body however...so i get the whole..."how do you get a $7500 car out of a 75 Roadrunner....you put a 10K engine in it" lol

Well, my favorite thing to do is by complete junk and make it go fast. Used up crusty rusty garbage eating modern cars while it rains rust on the pavement.

As a 10 second A-Body owner that has probably 10K in my 600 HP 408 (Buying parts AT COST) I think a MPFI gen III with 600 HP within spitting distance of that isn't too shabby.
My "mule" car is a 75 B body however...so i get the whole..."how do you get a $7500 car out of a 75 Roadrunner....you put a 10K engine in it" lol
I guess what I'm trying to say is I hope you keep 5K 408's available.
The 408 in an abody I believe is more than adequate. Simple compatibility. I personally I wouldn't understand why I would pay double for another 150 horsepower that I probably couldn't even use. The nightmares of understanding all the technology and how to make it adapt to fit to your car....
I'm not scared of it don't get me wrong, but it just sounds like a very very very expensive education...
Most 408's are running in the tens and Low 11s. Get into that 392 and you'll be running under 10 and certifying your cage and renewing your NHRA drag license. I guess if you're going in that direction you have the money to do all this anyways or have it done for you...
Don't forget us blue collar workers in the trenches, please keep the short block 408...

The 408 in an abody I believe is more than adequate. Simple compatibility. I personally I wouldn't understand why I would pay double for another 150 horsepower that I probably couldn't even use. The nightmares of understanding all the technology and how to make it adapt to fit to your car....
I'm not scared of it don't get me wrong, but it just sounds like a very very very expensive education...
Most 408's are running in the tens and Low 11s. Get into that 392 and you'll be running under 10 and certifying your cage and renewing your NHRA drag license. I guess if you're going in that direction you have the money to do all this anyways or have it done for you...
Don't forget us blue collar workers in the trenches, please keep the short block 408...
Fully understand this post, and I agree. But I'll also say there are many A-body owners that are fortunate enough to have an unlimited budget to play with their cars. I understand they may want to have something different than the common, always seen at the car shows, 408.

Yeah there's another thread going on our New roller 408's, and of course we still have the iron headed version also. Those aren't going anywhere. In fact i think i have sold 4 of these roller 408's, and they aren't even on the website yet. I've driven a 6 second dragster, and various other "super pro" bracket cars, so no stranger to the cage/belts/helmet/ all needing certified. Anyways, I digress. but i will post that thread link here for further 408 talk!!! i love that engine too.
BluePrint Engines 408 Roller Cam Stroker Engine - Pre Release Offer!

Fully understand this post, and I agree. But I'll also say there are many A-body owners that are fortunate enough to have an unlimited budget to play with their cars. I understand they may want to have something different than the common, always seen at the car shows, 408.
Its about covering all ends of the spectrum also. It allows us to cover everything from the guy looking to spend 5K to the guy looking to do a complete restomod and go big.

I see fewer and fewer big blocks going into B and E's also....and more Gen III's...so not that i dislike big blocks....but have to go where the market trends take us. Lets face it...not too many Charger, Roadrunner, etc guys are seeking out 408's. tossing in a gen III in place of a 383 however....See it more and more every day.

I see fewer and fewer big blocks going into B and E's also....and more Gen III's...so not that i dislike big blocks....but have to go where the market trends take us. Lets face it...not too many Charger, Roadrunner, etc guys are seeking out 408's. tossing in a gen III in place of a 383 however....See it more and more every day.
I guess that's where my analogy of building a million-dollar house in a poor neighborhood comes in. Yes if I had maybe a 40 or 50 or $60, 000 Roadrunner and I was looking for a new motor I could see justifying that. I guess where I get my angle is a little bit in the value as well putting a $10, 000 motor and a $2, 000 car. Probably a bigger response out of like you were actually saying the bigger car bigger block crowd..
I fully understand you looking at this from a supply and demand marketing standpoint.

I guess I read NOWHERE that BP was discontinuing 408 in favor of Gen 3.

I guess I read NOWHERE that BP was discontinuing 408 in favor of Gen 3.
I assume thats sarcasm, but thats not happening.... we just released a new 408, still have the iron head version also... post #32

Last edited:
I assume you guys will build 408’s until the cores dry up.

I assume you guys will build 408’s until the cores dry up.
correct. plenty of roller cores for the moment. I dropped the bombshell of wanting to do our own roller block at some point in a meeting a few weeks back, but lots of things in the fire at the moment. That'll be a long time.

I assume thats sarcasm, but thats not happening.... we just released a new 408, still have the iron head version also... post #32
It was. I, for one, am thrilled that you are attempting to do the gen 3 deal. You had nothing but positive comments until......

It was. I, for one, am thrilled that you are attempting to do the gen 3 deal. You had nothing but positive comments until......
Hey I need knocked off my horse once in a while.lol no problem here :)

only flaw i see is the 500hp bit. a 6.4/392 makes 475hp stock. you need a 600hp offering to make it solidified as the best and only option. with everything that was flawed in the g3 and you addressing them with forged internals. you got a gold mine on your hands. g3 is a pita to do on a budget of being broke. however a 408 la vs the g3 isnt even a comparison in power. g3 will eat an la based engine for lunch twice on tuesday, sunday etc..
im past the point of no return on my 500 dollar abody with nearing the 80kish mark. so i must just be retarded in a ghetto of poor and a limo with driver at the ready. haha

So I've been in and out of a few meetings this week that some members may find interesting :)

20190918_215337.jpg

Yes! It's approved, done on paper, quoted, and we have ordered in parts. Just have to fit into the schedule, and get to work on it. Realistically very similar hp and cost to our 427 gm LS3. It will be marketed as a 392. Fully forged. Turn key with or without controller/harness. Timeline still kind of Gray. Hoping early summer.

-
Back