Body color ralley wheels?

-

robjkc

Reaction score
I've got a set of 14" ralley's and am contemplating painting them body color while the painter for my 64 Dart /6 has them and running them without the trim rings and with the cone centers.

The other options are just painting them argent silver and using the trim rings. I also have a set of steel wheels I am painting body color and use with the biscuit hubcaps.

I got the idea after seeing this 65 'cuda...

Any thoughts one way or another?

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...outh_barracuda_exclusive_photos/photo_08.html

Attachments

• mopp_090313_06_z+1965_plymouth_barracuda+.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 356
Sounds good, but loses something when actually done.
Looks kinda hokey IMO.

Steelies- body color,
Rallyes- Silver (either light or dark, with or without chrome or brushed trim rings, and with or with out centers[early or late] or silver painted hubs)

Sounds like the consensus is for SILVER. You all have swayed me back on track.

Car will be in the booth in about two weeks after 6 months of restoration. It's getting painted by Mike Roeder from Rolla, MO. Here's Mike's work on someone elses 68...

Hope mine turns out just as nice!

Attachments

• 2008_1226Image0005.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCN0100.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 322
i 100% agree with argent silver. this is my all time favorite wheel...

Attachments

• rally.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 305
Sounds good, but loses something when actually done.
Looks kinda hokey IMO.

Steelies- body color,
Rallyes- Silver (either light or dark, with or without chrome or brushed trim rings, and with or with out centers[early or late] or silver painted hubs)

I have a set of 14"x4.5 steelies that will get body color. It would be nice to have both sets (ralley and steelies with tires) so I can change them out to get a different look. First I have to upgrade to big bolt after I finish with the body work.

I vote silver
dec4th208.jpg

silver.

Attachments

• 319916_10150325147918762_682513761_7728789_1763649363_n.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 301
I had thought about painting mine orange but every time I seen a set orange they didn't look just right so I'm 100% with silver or grey either one.

Argent and polished trim rings are my fav's like abodyee has pictured. tmm

It was big in the 80's, along with painted bumpers. I painted a set white to match my Duster. Looked okay then, but times have changed.

-
Back