Body Filler Was it too Cold?

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I just mixed some fiberglass body filler and applied. It was about 50 degrees outside. This was in my garage with out heat. Was it too cold?

The hardener you add gives a chemical reaction,you should feel it getting warm if mixed properly.

jeez-way to throw a thread back on topic:joker:

-but that's exactly right- and if it gets real warm, it's too much hardener (and, iirc, the filler can be brittle after drying)

jeez-way to throw a thread back on topic:joker:

-but that's exactly right- and if it gets real warm, it's too much hardener (and, iirc, the filler can be brittle after drying)

Warm...moist... heat works well for most applications regardless of the outside tempurature :-\".

I'm getting horny, see ya later ...HONEY!!!!!!! Move over, Daddy's come to bed!

Sorry to get you off the subject, but my father used to freeze the bondo before he used it. It seemed to give him about 30 extra seconds to play with it before it got hard and unworkable.

OK have at it. pervs

''Filler'' usually gets the hardest in the morning just before you wake up.

Well I hate to feed into a dirty subject. But it hardened up ok. Just took a little longer.
as long as it got hard its OK.body filler is Temp sensitive the colder it is the more you use. the hotter it is the less you use.OK evry one have fun with it............Artie

-
Back