Body guys - rust repair question

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
Really nice body on this 73 Roadrunner other than this in driver side jamb. How is this repaired properly ? What caused it ? Any other issues I should check on behind this area ? Im posting here due to a few more members than B body site (for now). Thanks.

P1060171 (Small).JPG

Either find a rust free patch off a donor car or take metal and just fabricate it. It can be fixed just needs to have some time takin to do it right. I would recommend finding a rust free donor piece out of a junkyard or something and us the cowl to lower firewall ( i think thats right) seams to cut it out

Oh and probably caused by someone taking out the weatherstripping or taking some kind of caulking and plugging up trim to keep from rotting, people used to do that a lot esp. with roadrunner back glass trim. I had a little rot like that in my dart sport. mine was only about a half inch though so easy patch work.

The only way to fix would be to weld in some new metal either from a donor car or fabbed patch. Be carefull cutting and welding in that area, dont burn or cut through the wiring harness and protect the glass and interior from sparks. Ill bet the windshield leaks on that side, probably the cause.

Thanks - it's the only area on the car that concerns me. Donor parts are easy to find.

-
Back