Bolt pattern in metric?

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
I have been looking around and like to get some 17 inch rims for my 67 Dart. I have the 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern.L.B.P. Anyone know the metric conversion on these?i heard 116.5mm? Also back spacing with out altering rear springs or anything else. Sorry if this is beatin to death but i tryed searching here with no luck. Thanks in advance.........BTW YAH! im in Canada.......Dam metric:protest:

The "one big thing" you have to keep in mind is "how accurate" is your starting figure? In this case, 4 1/2" IS accurate, but a good one is that an engine is "so many liters." Saying an engine is "5.7" or "5.9" is nowhere as accurate as getting down the last CID. Furthermore, CID isn't all that truthful, either!!!!

When Chev announced the first 302 for the Z-28, it was hyped as a "new" engine, but turns out it's nothing more than us kids had been building for years --- a 283 crank in an (early) 327 block, or boring a 283, only WE called them a "301". I believe they are actually 301.7 or somethin'

I have been looking around and like to get some 17 inch rims for my 67 Dart. I have the 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern.L.B.P. Anyone know the metric conversion on these?i heard 116.5mm? Also back spacing with out altering rear springs or anything else. Sorry if this is beatin to death but i tryed searching here with no luck. Thanks in advance.........BTW YAH! im in Canada.......Dam metric:protest:

http://motechperformance.com/?page_id=22

nice 17' wheels, nice prices, sbp, lbp......yer welcome!!
higgs

:violent1: Dont feel bad man....I live in a country surrounded by metric.........:banghead: I hate it.:protest:

5x4" is 5x100MM
5x4.5 is 5x114.3MM
5x5.5 is 139.7MM

you have to becareful with metric wheels; most times the center opening isn't big enough for our old cars, especially if there factory wheels for newer vehicles

5x4" is 5x100MM
5x4.5 is 5x114.3MM
5x5.5 is 139.7MM

you have to becareful with metric wheels; most times the center opening isn't big enough for our old cars, especially if there factory wheels for newer vehicles

I feel old again. 5x4 is 101.6 millimeters and that is why the 100mm studs don't center right on 4 inch bolt pattern wheels. If they did we would have all kinds of wheels to fit our small bolt pattern Mopars.

I feel old again. 5x4 is 101.6 millimeters and that is why the 100mm studs don't center right on 4 inch bolt pattern wheels. If they did we would have all kinds of wheels to fit our small bolt pattern Mopars.

neon wheels and most chrysler wheels I have found will work without shaking if need be; although they look very out of place

neon wheels
I think it would be very hard to use a FWD wheel on our cars. The mounting surface is way out at the end of the wheel. I don't think you can find simple wheel spacers to get there, plus wheel spacers are expensive and not the safest approach. Besides the back-space, you must consider the center hole (as mentioned) and clearing your brakes and steering.

just to help u get an idea here is my dart with 17x7.5 wheels im not sure on the rest of the specs but they are 5x114.3 pattern sorry pic is blurry old cell phone pic....

Attachments

• Photo329.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 291
I think it would be very hard to use a FWD wheel on our cars. The mounting surface is way out at the end of the wheel. I don't think you can find simple wheel spacers to get there, plus wheel spacers are expensive and not the safest approach. Besides the back-space, you must consider the center hole (as mentioned) and clearing your brakes and steering.

they will get you were your going in a pinch! trust me

-
Back