Boot For Pistol Grip?

-

GupsTateS

Reaction score
I have a 1968 Dart 4 Speed with console. I would like to put the pistol grip handle from a BBody in, already have the handle.

Is there a pistol grip boot out there that works with the ABody console?

Thanks

Which one should I get? I would need to get the boot for the BBody and just want to make sure it fits the ABody console...

You are going to have a hell of a time trying to find/buy a Console Pistol Grip Shifter Handle!
If it were me I would build my own....
Make a piece of bent steel to match your stock Console Shifter Base piece....
Find an abused/cut Pistol Grip Handle and cut it to fit then weld the 2 together.
Watch the Shifters angle or you will be smashing your knuckles into the Dash on 1st and 3rd shifts!
Then restore if neccesary the Grips and Bezels.
Here is the non Console one I made for my '72 Dart from a cut B Body non Console Shifter Handle:

2006-08-24 72 Dart Swinger (3) (Medium).JPG

2006-08-25 72 Dart Swinger (Medium).JPG
Shown in Neutral

For the Floor Boot I used a standard A Body Shifter Boot, Heated it up with a Heat Gun -CAREFULLY!- and while warm put the Pistol Grip Handle through the hole..
As for the Console Boot try a Stock B Body Pistol Grip Handle Boot and form to fit your Console Top Studs.

Hope this helped!
Later,
Bruce B.

2006-08-25 72 Dart Swinger (Medium).JPG

2006-08-24 72 Dart Swinger (3) (Medium).JPG

I have a B-body pistol grip shifter in my 73 Dart Sport 340 A-body,no nuckle smashing on the ashtray.I just need to get a oval boot with the square top(69-70)Here,s a link,scroll down about 3/4 of the page.http://www.jimsautoparts.com/shifter_parts.htm
car 005.jpg
The handle is real cherry wood.8)
P.S I had to drill a second hole at the bottom of the shifter to mount

car 005.jpg

If you want to run an Ebody Pistol Grip with an Abody console, I have designed and produce an exact offset bracket to do that. If you use my bracket with the Bbody Pistol Grip it sets up too high. I currently sell the bracket thru Gunslinger.com

4 spd shifter bracket.jpg

4 spd shifter bracket w Ebody pistolgrip.jpg

I am going to use Seal Bond adhesive to glue a Bbody Pistol Grip boot to the underside of my soon to be restored Abody console.

Actually, there is no Abody boot that was made for the Hurst shaft, however i've had a stock Abody boot (with the round hole) for 14 years with a Pistol Grip and no tearing. I am putting a 68 Abody console in my 71 Demon using a Bbody boot (with the rectangle hole), and gluing the boot to the underside of the console...the Bbody boot holes don't line-up to the Abody pins.

You are Gunslinger.com? Cool.
I ran the round boot forever too with no tearing.

Later
Bruce B.

-
Back