Bootleg Movies for cheap on your TV

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Using Kodi on a Pi.

Recently got a Raspberry Pi V3 B for $25 at the local electronics chain store. The Pi is a credit card sized quad core 1GHz/1Gb onboard ARM based computer. It takes a 2.4A 5V power supply, very similiar/same to the 2.4A super chargers for your phone, another $7 at same store. You plug in your wireless keyboard/mouse from your PC and plug it into the HDMI port of your big flat screen. Use a Micro SD card of 8GB or more and download the NOOBS file system from the internet and put it onto the SD card. Plug it in, boot up and let it create its file system and then sign onto your wifi. Do this before you install the Kodi option! Select the 2nd operating system, I think its called LibreELEC ('just enough for Kodi' in the description) and let it set itself up. Once it reboots to Kodi 17.6, you need to set up a few more things; about 3 more minutes of navigating and typing. Once you have 'Covenant' or 'Genesis reborn' (or other add-on) you can search for almost ANY movie or TV show that you can think of that has an internet presence. It will search and find many sources in various qualities, or none at all. It may be from youtube or usually from some media server somewhere offshore. Alot of mellenial use this service to watch movies on their smart TV's, Firesticks, Roku's etc. But this option is about the cheapest unless you can get a Firestick for cheaper and not have a functional 'computer' on your big screen. Movies are out on this platform sometimes before they are even released (if you want to see Chinese subtitles) and some are total 'camera in a theater' with heads and all. If your a tinkerer and have a fast internet, this is a really cool stand alone device. It can also dual boot to Debian's 'Raspbian' distro and be a full fledged computer, FABO and all!

I've been meaning to try Kodi. You don't need a Rasberry pi, tho. You can use (I think Android) and certainly a Linux box. So "any old computer" good enough to run XP or later, with the proper Linux/ etc installed..............

I have a Roku box and don't pay anything, but frankly, trying to find free stuff that is not an advertisement every 2 minutes seems to be getting tougher.

I get irritated, the local CBS (channel 2) keeps mentioning "see more on the CW-22" in their stupid newscast, only I CAN'T DO THAT because the "CW" is a low power Spokane area tx that doesn't reach here, and they are too damn cheap to install a translater on the local hill, along wiith the rest of the channels.

Anyhow, trying to make sense of CW on Roku is nearly impossible

This is what our wives/girlfriends hear when we drag them to a swap meet and start talking parts with them and the vendors.....

I have KODI on mu xbox one but haven't tried it out yet. I did name my new pup
DSC_0070.JPG
after it

A smart set with android based OS is all you need. If the TV comes with Netflix, Hulu, etc.., load KODI directly on it. No other equipment req'd. Been using KODI for 2 years now ( almost 2 years to the day LOL ). Still paying 15 bucks per moth for Netflix too. We enjoy so many of their original series. Funds to produce those has to come from somewhere.
KODI is used mostly for network TV. Many of those shows ( Chicago Fire/PD/Med and others ) air too late so we watch them at a earlier time on the following day.
Never have watched bootleg cams of movies, even back when I would download them and upload/share them via IRC and DC sofwares. I wait for DVD quality.

Down and Dirty: plug this in and watch "Den of Thieves" or "12 Strong" today for free.

I have an older LCD TV with no 'smart' features. I also have a Firestick (W/Kodi) and a Roku as well as a few old laptops, but this is by far the funnest gadget. The Pi also kicks out composite (RCA) for truly old school CRT TVs. You can also plug in a USB thumbdrive and use it as a PVR (personal video recorder) and record streams to archive. And now I can view FABO on 50 inches.

Thanks Pishta Did not know about the DVR feature

:thumbsup: To Pishta for understanding that stuff, and making it sound simple. I tried to simplify it some for the rest of us.....lol. :D
Zài Pi shàng shǐyòng Kodi.

Zuìjìn zài dāngdì de diànzǐ chǎnpǐn liánsuǒdiàn ná dàole yī kuǎn jiàgé wèi 25 měiyuán de Raspberry Pi V3 B. Pi shì yī kuǎn xìnyòngkǎ dàxiǎo de sì hé 1GHz/ 1Gb bǎn zài ARM jìsuànjī. Tā xūyào yīgè 2.4A de 5V diànyuán, yǔ nín de shǒujī de 2.4A chāojí chōngdiàn qì fēicháng xiāngsì, xiāngtóng de shāngdiàn hái yǒu 7 měiyuán. Cóng diànnǎo chārù wúxiàn jiànpán/shǔbiāo, ránhòu jiāng qí chārù dà píngmù de HDMI duānkǒu. Shǐyòng 8GB huò gèng dà de Micro SD kǎ, bìng cóng hùliánwǎng shàng xiàzài NOOBS wénjiàn xìtǒng bìng jiāng qí fàng dào SD kǎ shàng. Chārù, qǐdòng, ràng tā chuàngjiàn tā de wénjiàn xìtǒng, ránhòu dēnglù dào nín de WiFi. Zài ānzhuāng Kodi xuǎnxiàng zhīqián, qǐng zhíxíng cǐ cāozuò! Xuǎnzé dì èr gè cāozuò xìtǒng, wǒ rènwéi tā jiào LibreELEC(zài miáoshù zhōng duìyú Kodi lái shuō jiù gòule), ránhòu ràng tā zìxíng shèzhì. Yīdàn tā chóngxīn qǐdòng dào Kodi 17.6, Nǐ xūyào shèzhì gèng duō de dōngxī; yuē 3 fēnzhōng de dǎoháng hé dǎzì. Yīdàn nǐ yǒu'gōngyuē'huò'chuàngshìjì chóngshēng'(huò qítā fùjiā), nǐ jīhū kěyǐ sōusuǒ rènhé diànyǐng huò diànshì jiémù, nǐ kěyǐ xiǎngdào, yǒu hùliánwǎng de cúnzài. Tā huì sōusuǒ hé zhǎodào gèzhǒng zhìliàng de láiyuán, huò gēnběn méiyǒu. Tā kěnéng láizì youtube huò tōngcháng láizì lí àn mǒu dì de mǒu gè méitǐ fúwùqì. Xǔduō rén shǐyòng zhè zhǒng fúwù lái guānkàn tāmen de zhìnéng diànshì,Firesticks,Roku děng diànyǐng. Dànshì zhège xuǎnxiàng shì zuì piányí de, chúfēi nǐ kěyǐ mǎi dào gèng piányí de Firestick, érqiě méiyǒu yīgè gōngnéng qiángdà de diànnǎo. Yǒu shí shènzhì zài diànyǐng fàngyìng zhīqián, diànyǐng jiù huì chū xiànzài zhège píngtái shàng (rúguǒ nǐ xiǎng kàn zhòng wén zìmù dehuà), yǒuxiē diànyǐng zé shì quánbù “tóudǐng shàng de”. Rúguǒ nǐ shì yīgè xiūlǐgōng, bìng yǒu yīgè kuàisù de hùliánwǎng, zhè shì yīgè fēicháng kù de dúlì shèbèi. Tā yě kěyǐ shuāng qǐdòng dào Debian de “Raspbian” fāxíng bǎn, bìng chéngwéi yīgè wánzhěng de jìsuànjī,FABO hé suǒyǒu!

Thats Awesome: FABO in Chinese is FABO! BTW my Pi was made in UK...

Been using firestick and firebox for over a year. Kid loves KODI watches A Team, Flipper etc. on Exodus or Covenant. I used Directv NOW for the year but just could not stop the buffering issues.........
Back to Uverse TV for a year...........

Last edited:
My wife has a Fire stick, and it works really well. She has to reprogram it ever so often because "they" figure out stuff is being hacked, and change it up.

Easy for you to say...
Zuìjìn zài dāngdì de diànzǐ chǎnpǐn liánsuǒdiàn ná dàole yī kuǎn jiàgé wèi 25 měiyuán de Raspberry Pi V3 B. Pi shì yī kuǎn xìnyòngkǎ dàxiǎo de sì hé 1GHz/ 1Gb bǎn zài ARM jìsuànjī. Tā xūyào yīgè 2.4A de 5V diànyuán, yǔ nín de shǒujī de 2.4A chāojí chōngdiàn qì fēicháng xiāngsì, xiāngtóng de shāngdiàn hái yǒu 7 měiyuán. Cóng diànnǎo chārù wúxiàn jiànpán/shǔbiāo, ránhòu jiāng qí chārù dà píngmù de HDMI duānkǒu. Shǐyòng 8GB huò gèng dà de Micro SD kǎ, bìng cóng hùliánwǎng shàng xiàzài NOOBS wénjiàn xìtǒng bìng jiāng qí fàng dào SD kǎ shàng. Chārù, qǐdòng, ràng tā chuàngjiàn tā de wénjiàn xìtǒng, ránhòu dēnglù dào nín de WiFi. Zài ānzhuāng Kodi xuǎnxiàng zhīqián, qǐng zhíxíng cǐ cāozuò! Xuǎnzé dì èr gè cāozuò xìtǒng, wǒ rènwéi tā jiào LibreELEC(zài miáoshù zhōng duìyú Kodi lái shuō jiù gòule), ránhòu ràng tā zìxíng shèzhì. Yīdàn tā chóngxīn qǐdòng dào Kodi 17.6, Nǐ xūyào shèzhì gèng duō de dōngxī; yuē 3 fēnzhōng de dǎoháng hé dǎzì. Yīdàn nǐ yǒu'gōngyuē'huò'chuàngshìjì chóngshēng'(huò qítā fùjiā), nǐ jīhū kěyǐ sōusuǒ rènhé diànyǐng huò diànshì jiémù, nǐ kěyǐ xiǎngdào, yǒu hùliánwǎng de cúnzài. Tā huì sōusuǒ hé zhǎodào gèzhǒng zhìliàng de láiyuán, huò gēnběn méiyǒu. Tā kěnéng láizì youtube huò tōngcháng láizì lí àn mǒu dì de mǒu gè méitǐ fúwùqì. Xǔduō rén shǐyòng zhè zhǒng fúwù lái guānkàn tāmen de zhìnéng diànshì,Firesticks,Roku děng diànyǐng. Dànshì zhège xuǎnxiàng shì zuì piányí de, chúfēi nǐ kěyǐ mǎi dào gèng piányí de Firestick, érqiě méiyǒu yīgè gōngnéng qiángdà de diànnǎo. Yǒu shí shènzhì zài diànyǐng fàngyìng zhīqián, diànyǐng jiù huì chū xiànzài zhège píngtái shàng (rúguǒ nǐ xiǎng kàn zhòng wén zìmù dehuà), yǒuxiē diànyǐng zé shì quánbù “tóudǐng shàng de”. Rúguǒ nǐ shì yīgè xiūlǐgōng, bìng yǒu yīgè kuàisù de hùliánwǎng, zhè shì yīgè fēicháng kù de dúlì shèbèi. Tā yě kěyǐ shuāng qǐdòng dào Debian de “Raspbian” fāxíng bǎn, bìng chéngwéi yīgè wánzhěng de jìsuànjī,FABO hé suǒyǒu!

-
Back