Bottom End Shocker Build

-
If this was getting done at a shop it would be hard to explain to a customer that fitting the top end took 6 hours…

If this was getting done at a shop it would be hard to explain to a customer that fitting the top end took 6 hours…

That's exactly why I only agree to assembling shortblocks or undressed long blocks now. My typical customer can usually handle the installation of oilpans, intake manifolds, valve covers etc... and I'm more than happy to oblige. J.Rob

That's exactly why I only agree to assembling shortblocks or undressed long blocks now. My typical customer can usually handle the installation of oilpans, intake manifolds, valve covers etc... and I'm more than happy to oblige. J.Rob
Exactly…plus the average car guys don’t want to spend money…how is your 340 coming along?

Shops on Long Island are going down that path a lot. I asked a speed shop to build me an engine and they stopped me dead in my tracks. Issue sketch payment, pick up, storage, parts, there sick of it. Machine work only. They didn’t care that I had a big old locker full of cash.

Shops on Long Island are going down that path a lot. I asked a speed shop to build me an engine and they stopped me dead in my tracks. Issue sketch payment, pick up, storage, parts, there sick of it. Machine work only. They didn’t care that I had a big old locker full of cash.

I’m not sure about your areas but locally the price for final assembly wasn’t worth doing it. Machine the block, cut the crank, do the heads is pretty cut and dry work with known time factors. If they run into an issue pick you the phone and discuss issues found and charge accordingly.

Last edited:
Plus all the extra porting to your cnc ported heads
:usflag:
You would have to be off your trolley to do this build at a shop… it would be cheaper to buy an Indy W2 top end

Just an update...to say there is no update...still waiting on the oil pan ( since November) and pistons...the rods did show up about a month ago

Okay… called about the pan today and it won’t be ready until after Christmas…. Anyone know of another road race type pan that would fit…. Don’t want anything that hangs below the k member

I sure hope Milodon got their head out of their butt. I won’t ever buy another oil pan from them.
The local shop I deal with has a bunch of pans on order…the front counter parts guy said Milodon stopped answering their phone now

The local shop I deal with has a bunch of pans on order…the front counter parts guy said Milodon stopped answering their phone now

Those people are idiots. I showed them pictures of their old pans and how they are now on two different pans and he said they didn’t change anything. Yaaa right. I’m done with them.

They got high and fat on the hog for such a long time now.

Placed the order today for the Kevko pan...let's see what if anything shows up

I ordered a kevco pan, for header clearance reasons. It's a nice pan and I got quickly.
I’ll put it all together outside the car first…so if I have to cut the k member, pan or headers it won’t be a big deal…won’t be using any Milodon pans in the future….they will probably go out of business and blame the government or EPA….but it’s on them…bunch of goofs running the place

Did you ever find an airgap intake for this motor?
After I got the super victor ported I kind of forgot about it…. Plus I did a couple of other engine builds for other projects while I was waiting on the oil pan

Balance day on Saturday….ASSembly starting shortly

E920C3CC-4F29-40DE-AEF8-A209565E48B4.jpeg

What are there so many bolt holes on the end of that crankshaft?
never noticed all the holes until you pointed it out…it’s a scat crank that I have had for a long time…it was new in the box

-
Back