Brake drums

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Where should I buy 10 in. drums for my Barracuda, or are they all about the same? I see Rock Auto has a set, but they only show 2 for the rear and when I have bought from them before there inventory count may not be correct. Is there a brand that is better or just what I can find locally?
thanks

I haven't kept up with this stuff. Used to be, Raybestos and Wagner, and Bendix were the big players, IE quality parts. The Chinese/ other third world imports have drastically changed things.

Thanks, I just want to do this as best I can. At this rate I will be retired in 5 years before this car leaves the drive.

The last ones I bought were through NAPA on the rears and either NAPA or O'Reilly's for the fronts. Turn your old ones if you can.

Thanks, I am taking mine by in the morning to see if they can be saved.

I've got some new Wagner stamped 'made in USA' drums if you're still looking. they are 10" X 1 3/4" and 4" bolt centers. PM me if interested..
Thanks

I've got some new Wagner stamped 'made in USA' drums if you're still looking. they are 10" X 1 3/4" and 4" bolt centers. PM me if interested..
Thanks

I saw them when you posted a ad a while back. I was concerned about your low post count at the time bit I see you are still around. What are you wanting for them?

I bought them from rockauto. Worked out very well, no problems, best price around $65

I saw them when you posted a ad a while back. I was concerned about your low post count at the time bit I see you are still around. What are you wanting for them?

Yep, still here. I had just joined at the time of that post.

I'll sell them for $60 ea and that includes flat rate shipping via USPS.
PM me and I'll send you my email if you want to go ahead with it.

Thanks,
Jamey

When foot brake conflicts with coin broke I focus my funds on high quality linings all around and the front brake drums, hardware, etc..
I will give rear brakes a higher priority when they're under a manual trans vehicle because that park brake function is more critical.
After all, A broken spring or failed linning will screw up any drum you use.
Hope this makes sense.

Well, it seems I am striking out on new brake drums for the rear. NAPA, Advance,, Auto Zone, O'Reilley's Auto Parts don not list the 10 in. rears. They have the fronts. Rock Auto has no stock and I was told they may not re order. Same with some other on-line stores. I am going to try and have mine turned but I think there to far gone. If anyone has any other ideas.
thanks

Pepboys and Carquest too ?
In that is the pitfalls created by so many upgraded to differnt rear axles and brake systems. Less market demand for the small bolt pattern drums.
Eventually the demand will inspire a chinaman to run 100 parts and 10 vendors will list 10. Until then ignore rivet tracks ,etc.. in the brake surface. Just check turn them for true and round.
I sold a 7.25 rear to a local member several months ago. I know one of those drums was no good but the other was likely usable.
Good luck

Hi RedFish. There getting like 14in. tires I guess. I have found a set in Dallas. There $388
for a kit that contains wheel cylinders, shoes, heavy duty springs and the drums. If you say that real fast I guess it doesn't sound to high. Thats the only ones I have found. He will sell the drums by themselves for $288, but for another $100 it is worth it I would think. Sound good to you?

-
Back