brake drums

-

moparraceman

Reaction score
have a set of rear brake drums [DART VADEAR STYLE] guess came on 1971 a bodies and other years iam sure ,what are they worth want to sell them ?

You'll need a photo or two and some measurements. Our chrystal ball is broke!

Come one man, small bolt "bell" styles

Heavy duty wit the extra cooling fans
Going rate?

37 cents per pound
I know which ones they are. Half the members here may not. What kind of shape are they in? I can't tell that from here either.

Yup, need a photo of the drums, one showing the micrometer measurement of the current diameter, and the max specs of those particular drums. Most are 10.090" but not all are. Some are 10.060" max specs.

Yup, need a photo of the drums, one showing the micrometer measurement of the current diameter, and the max specs of those particular drums. Most are 10.090" but not all are. Some are 10.060" max specs.
No, other way around, most passenger cars are .060 over. .090 is generally trucks, AKA 11-12" and larger and also heavier to start with. The other thing you want to be careful of, is they don't necessarily wear "flat" across, so the mike may hit the "high" spots.

Almost all of the 10" flared drums I've seen had a 10.090 max spec stamped on them. The earlier non-flared ones from the factory were almost always 10.060 drums, and were not stamped with a max spec. Replacement drums I've seen were all stamped, and were mostly 10.090's but not all were. It depended on the supplier and those came and went over the years.

Ideally, the seller will have them turned before offering them for sale. That way there is no doubt as to their spec and usability. They should be turned by someone before use anyway, so, why not do it from the get go.

10.090 is the discard diameter on all of the bell drums that I have seen. When I clean them, and turn them, they get pitched if they need to go bigger than 10.060. That way, they've got .030 of wear for the next brake job.

-
Back