brands to buy when adding a leaf to a leaf spring

-
I don't know how much you want to spend on doing this, but a lot of guys are pulling a leaf from the D series trucks and adding it in.
A lot less expense.

I was lucky, I junked a Demon and a Duster. I just pulled all the original 67 springs apart, and the same with one of the junkers

I took the original main leaf,

then added the two (same length) longest leafs one from the 67, one from the Duster

added the next two (same length) down..........and so on

I think I ended up with one more leaf added in number over original. It's just exactly where I want it and nice and firm

You can get the "hammer and bend" spring clips from any good spring shop

I don't think it's half assing it, I think it's hot rodding on a budget. I'd rather see someone add a leaf than to go to air shocks. Some people don't have the bucks to drop on a full set of springs.

I've got ESPO's on the Dart and did the add a leaf on my son's Cherokee. No complaints with either. I'd be concerned using that Rusty's spring that says it's a +2. That's two inches higher than a normal Cherokee, not two inches higher than your car is sitting now. Might end up with the stink bug look. They do settle out a bit. Eventually...

springs are cheap enough and readily available. if you can't afford them right now then save for them. or you are just in the wrong hobby.. :)

i put add a leafs on my sons cherokee. and yes its half assed. we will be putting new springs on it probably after winter.

I added one leaf that I took off my M body parts car. Since the original springs were sagging quite a bit I can't really say how much over stock it picked it up. It does have a nice stance and good ride now.
Total cost was less than $10 for the new clamps and I did put new spring bushings in front & rear.
I don't know why, exactly, this would be called half-assing it. Is it half-assing to rebuild an engine rather than drop in a new crate engine?
C

Rear spring = ***.
Spending less than half.
Half ***. :D

Rear spring = ***.
Spending less than half.
Half ***.

:thumblef:

i put add a leafs on my sons cherokee. and yes its half assed.

It appears we have a difference in opinion. When we took our spring pack apart, we cleaned and painted the springs. We greased them and put them back together with new spring clamps. When we sold it two years later, it had settled less than an inch. My ESPO springs settled that much in the first six months.

-
Back