Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
Cool, where did you get them? Part number?

Hi, I don't know the part number.

I bought it here in brazil and some parts store are a complete mess.

I went to a store with the dart plate and asked for a kit of bushing and brackets of 3 or 4 different cars.. them I started to test fitting =P~

WOW!!! Man!! This is for sure a very cool thread! Thanks a lot, your work is very nice!! Way to improvise!!!!! Very creative!!

dark grey to contrast with k member

as usual, I used hammered paint.. cheap and easy..

Next steps: mount everything! 8)

I will put togeter all parts until next wend. steering box, low arms, etc

I installed the sway bar bushing to test

I also tested the engine mount. I used a 1/8" plate to avoid that exhaust headers don't beat the steering bar and linkage (because in Brazil, steering llinkage is bigger than american).

could you give me some more detail pictures of the sway bar mount youre building? i would love to see if i can adapt it to my car.

michael

hi dusterbd13

I took some shots of sway bar bushing plate. They are original from our a-bodies.

I took a shot side by side the older model

I hope it helps.. 1st shot shows 3,5" ... second shows 2"

first of all.. I've build another simple home made junkyard tool

I think shots are self explained... I spent about 10 minutes to build tool and to install new bushings

photos are self explained!

quiete easy... I though PU bushings were going to break when I was pushing them to the metal case (from an old rubber bushing)... but everything gone ok.

my wife is an angel... my k member is sitting on a 4 wheels custom made "chair".. right in my living room :D

while I watch tv, I work on dodge

wow looking great so cool love seeing those shiney new parts

Looking good. That steering box is different than a north american version. It's power too isn't it? Maybe it might be useable for people putting the new SB hemi in an a-body .Someone whos doing (or done) the swap study the picture above and chime in!! Could be interesting.

my wife is an angel... my k member is sitting on a 4 wheels custom made "chair".. right in my living room :D

while I watch tv, I work on dodge

I love it when I see proof of rednecks in other countries. I've lost count of the stuff I've built while watchin TV in the livin room. LOL

really nice to see parts coming together.. today I took a few minuts (about 20 minuts) to mount upper arms bushing and upper joint.

I welded 2 pieces of L bar to make another home mad tool to remove upper joints..

pure genious!:cheers: you couldn't snap a few shots of the tool you made to remove the ball joints could you?

looking great hows the body comming?

I'm not working on body at the momento. Today I went to the garage and started to remove some remaing nuts and bolts of engine bay.

I will paint inside and outside it (engine bay).. We're planning to dissassemble my engine next weekend, clean it and check if there is any problem. I remove oil pan and some bottom parts of engine and noted the cams are not clean. They have a kind of durst mixed with oil.. I think that is oil because engine did not move for a long time..

After that (engine bay and engine working).. I will work on body interior as finish floor welds.

Hi dartfastback

it is a brazilian power steergin box. I think older darts used to have a gemmer steering box. I found rebuild kit for my steering box quiet easy and cheap (about 20 to 30 dollars)

Looking good. That steering box is different than a north american version. It's power too isn't it? Maybe it might be useable for people putting the new SB hemi in an a-body .Someone whos doing (or done) the swap study the picture above and chime in!! Could be interesting.

Hi dartfastback

it is a brazilian power steergin box. I think older darts used to have a gemmer steering box. I found rebuild kit for my steering box quiet easy and cheap (about 20 to 30 dollars)

I think the brazillian box looks to be a better setup for the steering coupler, sort of like what the 70's dodge trucks came with. they never seem to have problems

probably my steering box is running witouth a leak for the last 30 year :D

but, as it was sitting away from a car for a while (I think 3 o 4 years) I decided to rebuild it with new bushings and o-rings

the steergint pump works great also. I has been used in almost all 70's and 80's brazilan cars (as gm, ford and dodge) .. thus, its easy to find spare parts.

I think the brazillian box looks to be a better setup for the steering coupler, sort of like what the 70's dodge trucks came with. they never seem to have problems

Hi

As I promised... follow front end photo. This one I will send to you.

I was missing one small aluminum fillet. A friend gave me and now grill is complete.

You will have to do some job: remove all fillets because some are creased. I use a plywood to beat and fix mines. It is easy.

grill mold have some holes of old bezel (not orginal from charger, but from brazilian gran sedan)..

grill bezel don't have rust, but it needs new paint and a "body work" with wash primer.

I'll buy front emblem this week. You may use it 2 ways.. fixed right in the middle of the bezel as it is.. Or make a "cavity" in the middle of the bezell. Both are good.. must of all charges have the cavity here..

I will post 2 pictures ilustrating it

This has got to be one of the best threads on this site. I am absolutely amazed every time I look at it. Great job on your suspension work, I can't wait to see your Dart when it is complete.

Como sempre coisas surpreendentes Alex!!!!

-
Back