Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
I have to cut the plate that protects clutch system..

I took a picture from a friend plate and then, I draw in a stailess plate.. it will be a fun job (with a lot of noise)

some work progress.. I dissassembled engine.. little rust marks.. but... I will just grind it and rebuild engine with old parts.. no money for new parts..
take a look at 2 last photos.. the cilinder view and a zoom photo in the rust piece

unfortunately, I will not do the right job... all engine is Std measures. Pistons are tide into cylinders... but engine was iddle for a long time.. and some minor rust appeared

I will use a honing bushing today in cylinders.. and re-assembly everything with same old parts.. hope it works well. At least while I get some extra money.

great work as always!:cheers:
Looks like youre going to have to do some honing on the cylinders.Hopefully some engine guys can chime in

i know that times are tough, but a bore, and pistons and rings, are going to be necessary. i'm not saying that you cant put this back together and have it run, but it wont be long before it bites you on the backside. i will be curious to see this spot after the hone is ran through the bore. and if you are not going to repair the block, at least remove the rings, and clean out the ring grooves on each piston. it may save the rings not seating because they are stuck in a bunch of old burnt oil ond carbon in the grooves.the rings have to move some. keep us posted.

I used a tool similar to the attached photo in my engine. Now it looks much more better..

spring_hones.jpg

I broke 3 rings while I was tooking them off the piston. Everything is now clean and shining. I found 3 used rings, but in very good condiction.. I will use them (I know.. not the best thing to do but...)

I will take some photos and post here.. I think engine will run nice for a long time .. if it works for 1 year, I will be very happy..

as I told to my friends.. now I have a garage called "garbage performance" :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

we travelled about 1000km

I will post some photos

1) we stopped because we had a problem with thermo valve .. we took it off
2) night shot of my friends charger

Attachments

• Resize of DSC05133.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 610
  • Resize of DSC05135.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 611
Hi, no problem

I really know what it means.. it happens!

Now I have one more reason to post more photos

Sorry alex,there was a problem with FABO on the 27th of September and the crash made old attachments disappear.

some parts cleaned

and some pistons not yet...

Attachments

• Resize of DSC05362.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 976
  • Resize of DSC05363.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 786
I will make a picasa album.. thus, I will post more photos

I'm trying to clean the old paint from my car front end and engine bay. I still have some work to do.. hope to do it today... don't know why, but I'm a bit lazy.. tired.

If I clean it today, I will wash prime it tomorrow .. and primer PU. On monday I will sand blast primer PU and on thursday, will paint it with white PU color.

Damned straight! Keep 'em coming, bud. This is a great build.

Attachments

• Resize of DSC05240.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 777
  • Resize of DSC05287.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 791
  • Resize of DSC05154.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 812
  • Resize of DSC05178.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 776
dam it.. I tought I was going to clean all front end... spent a lot of time to clean this part :p

both sides are half cleaned.. tomorrow I finish the job

Attachments

• Resize of DSC05364.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 766
  • Resize of DSC05365.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 835
humm, think I gonna rebuild engine this week.. not all new.. but good enough

Attachments

• Resize of DSC05376.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 773
  • Resize of DSC05377.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 768
some brazilian charge parts.. a complete front end grill, emblem, headlight mounts and turn lights

Attachments

• Resize of DSC05378.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 730
  • Resize of DSC05379.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 724
  • Resize of DSC05380.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 757
-
Back