Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
thanks for all your comments BigRichieO

I will take a long time to get it complete.. but I don't bother

I think that next year... Jan or Feb. I will move to a home.. my own home. Then, I'll have my own place, my own garage ..

This has got to be one of the best threads on this site. I am absolutely amazed every time I look at it. Great job on your suspension work, I can't wait to see your Dart when it is complete.

Como sempre coisas surpreendentes Alex!!!!

I found an dart SE brazilian model.. the history of SE model is funny.. it was almost withou details (emblemns, trims, etc).. I was made to young people without money.. it was 10 times cheaper them the similar dart and chager model...

Nowadays, it is one of the most rare model.. I found one and bought it for abou 150$ ... without engine and suspension..

I think I'm crazy... no sure yet

With your skills and creativity at engineering parts, I'm sure you'll have it back up and running in no time. :-D

Hi ramenth.. I appreciate your kind words.. but I´m just starting my learning.. I a newbie!

but I think I will have a lot of fun.. fun is the key point

With your skills and creativity at engineering parts, I'm sure you'll have it back up and running in no time. :-D

I found an dart SE brazilian model.. the history of SE model is funny.. it was almost withou details (emblemns, trims, etc).. I was made to young people without money.. it was 10 times cheaper them the similar dart and chager model...

Nowadays, it is one of the most rare model.. I found one and bought it for abou 150$ ... without engine and suspension..

I think I'm crazy... no sure yet

Is that like a high performance Dart? I see it was a stick car and has rally gauge cluster. Thats cool and I think you should save it.

our darts came with rally gauge cluster. After 1975, it came with a differente cluster, following the lines of a rally cluster.

the SE (special edition) was a very basic car (could be "standard edition"). With nothing them the extreme necessary. For example.. it do not used to have (is my prhase correct?)... I mean.. did not have:
• Radio
• Cigarette Lighter
• Fire extinguisher
• Warning triangle
• clock on cluster or rpm tach

the 72 model also did not have the front window water pump.

almost none ornaments.. for example, emblems. No chrome also.. front grill was painted black for example.

it used to have 3 speed gear box with manual shifter on floor.

despite this simplicity, nowadays it is a rare model because people used to buy it and transform in more complete models. As it was too much simple, during the 80's no one wanted it... by the way, during the 80's and 90's, people used to sell dodges more cheaper than a casset player or a bike. Thus, only the better car survived.. chargers for example. All simplier models died in the recycling industries.

follow some picutres of the car in announces.. the price was less than 70's 30.000 local money, while a charger used do be 49.000 and the Dart coupe 34.000

Is that like a high performance Dart? I see it was a stick car and has rally gauge cluster. Thats cool and I think you should save it.

Amazing that even their base models had 318's. Surprised that Brazil didn't use the /6 engine at all. So common here, so rare there. Any member driving to Brazil? LOL got a tag along /6 if you are!!!

"amazing" by one side only.. because we do not have any other engine!
only 318.. I want a 440 ;)

We have a small dodge with 1800 engine.. dodge polara.. but it isn't Abody.. it is a compact car

Amazing that even their base models had 318's. Surprised that Brazil didn't use the /6 engine at all. So common here, so rare there. Any member driving to Brazil? LOL got a tag along /6 if you are!!!

man im amazed with the work your doing,,and making your own tools,,i take my hat off to you,,,and love your dart/chargers there,,your mopar babes dont look bad either,,,,

you power steering box looks different then ours in the states,,

also your altenator on the 1st page with pic of complete engine looks like a GM alternator,,as does the rear axel,,looks like a GM 10 bolt,,

why are your front brake rotors drilled for 2 patterens???

keep up the great work,,,and good luck moving to A home,,,

wow!Ive been following this thread and you are doing a great job!:cheers:Makes me want to take my car completely apart and redo everything on it,lol.
Fire Extenguisher?The cars came with those?

Man, you really are clever as a fox and as everyone else has said, you have some gorgeous women and some gorgeous cars.
And did your cars really come stock with fire extinguishers?

Hi, thanks for your message

the power steering box is completely different.. it bring us a little problem.. the joint from steering box to the steering bar is about 1/2 inch bigger (diameter).. thus, it is closer to the exhaust header..

in the 70's, lot of alternators and starters where made only by one or two factorys to all car factorys.. thus, brazilian mopars, gm and ford have some parts in common. For example, the GM 10 bolt rear axle that differs only the axle and rear ends (different bolt sizes for each car for example).

Moreover, the chrysler in brazil has a crazy history. When it came to brazil, it took the Simca (French I think) factory line here.. they used some pre installed machines.. then, we have some particularities. For example, brake system came from Simca.. the same to the bolt patterns.. thus.. We can not use somo pretties US wheels as Cragars (but I know how to re-drill it :D )

The above statment also responds to your final question.. but just with one little correction.. brake rotors have 2 sets of drills with the same pattern because it is bolted to the hub.. take a look to the draw I attached

man im amazed with the work your doing,,and making your own tools,,i take my hat off to you,,,and love your dart/chargers there,,your mopar babes dont look bad either,,,,

you power steering box looks different then ours in the states,,

also your altenator on the 1st page with pic of complete engine looks like a GM alternator,,as does the rear axel,,looks like a GM 10 bolt,,

why are your front brake rotors drilled for 2 patterens???

keep up the great work,,,and good luck moving to A home,,,

Hi, thanks for you kind words

just an adivice.. don't redo everything!!!! just ride your car.. I'm getting crazy without ride my car =P~:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

I don't know exactly when it started, but brazilian dodges came with stock fire extenguisher.. Excepting the cheaper models as dart SE..

in older model, it was located in the trunk (the model I attach a picture for example). Newer models (as darts 78 and up), have fire estenguisher locate in the front passanger side.

wow!Ive been following this thread and you are doing a great job!:cheers:Makes me want to take my car completely apart and redo everything on it,lol.
Fire Extenguisher?The cars came with those?

Hi DarTT.. I allways laught a lot about your avatar picture.. a rocket cat...
as I said before, don't know exactly which year and model started.. but they had stock extinguishers :D

the old extinguisher with a long "nose" I found last week.. Will try to paint it and glue the plastic nose just to have my car close to a stock car

Man, you really are clever as a fox and as everyone else has said, you have some gorgeous women and some gorgeous cars.
And did your cars really come stock with fire extinguishers?

haha,ok I wont take it apart(yet,lol) But where can the U.S. guys get these fire extinquishers?That would be a nice touch to any Mopar :-D

Alex :
All I can say is WOW ! I give you even more credit for making your own repair / replace panels ! " Necessity is the Mother of Invention" .
I wonder , are the Brasilian Chryslers sharing their 318's with the Mexican Chryslers ? They look to be the same ; same air cleaner and same colour .

The Chryslers from Mexico , South America , New Zealand , South Africa , etc. , are beautifully done . I've seen a '74 Super Bee ( based-upon the '73 / '74 Dart Sport of the U.S.A. ) in person , and I was amazed with its features : '72 - '74 Barracuda / Challenger steering wheel , console WITH a 4 speed , nicer appointments all-around .

Keep up the great work , Alex . Thanks for sharing your project with us !

those big nose extinguishers are quiete rare here

one other little amazing thing to give a touch to any mopar is an emergency case.. don't know if brazilian and american emergency cases are the same.. our case are plastic made

haha,ok I wont take it apart(yet,lol) But where can the U.S. guys get these fire extinquishers?That would be a nice touch to any Mopar :-D

hi, thanks for your comments

I also think that mexican dodges are the same of brazilian.. but mexican super bee are amazing! no one car similar here.

I don't know who came first.. brazilian or mexican "swooped" C panels

Alex :
All I can say is WOW ! I give you even more credit for making your own repair / replace panels ! " Necessity is the Mother of Invention" .
I wonder , are the Brasilian Chryslers sharing their 318's with the Mexican Chryslers ? They look to be the same ; same air cleaner and same colour .

The Chryslers from Mexico , South America , New Zealand , South Africa , etc. , are beautifully done . I've seen a '74 Super Bee ( based-upon the '73 / '74 Dart Sport of the U.S.A. ) in person , and I was amazed with its features : '72 - '74 Barracuda / Challenger steering wheel , console WITH a 4 speed , nicer appointments all-around .

Keep up the great work , Alex . Thanks for sharing your project with us !

today I worked on the car body

I'm removing old wash primer. I've read that all body layer (wash primer, primer pu, paint and so on) must be applied just after the wash primer.. cannot have a long time between than..

As I bought my car without paint.. just wash primer.. I'm removing it to work all again.. I was afraid of rust bellow wash primer

I used paint remover to do this job... it is nice .. don't let it fall into you clother or skin ;) it really hurt!

I've done one think wrong.. I passed it all the are to remove paint after it.. you should pass and remve the area while the remover is "wet"... if it get dry, the removing process get harder.

ouch,yeah that paint remover does hurt(and it stinks!)But just to let you know,if it dries up,you can use a scotch brite pad and thinner to clean it.

today I worked on the car body

I'm removing old wash primer. I've read that all body layer (wash primer, primer pu, paint and so on) must be applied just after the wash primer.. cannot have a long time between than..

As I bought my car without paint.. just wash primer.. I'm removing it to work all again.. I was afraid of rust bellow wash primer

I used paint remover to do this job... it is nice .. don't let it fall into you clother or skin ;) it really hurt!

I've done one think wrong.. I passed it all the are to remove paint after it.. you should pass and remve the area while the remover is "wet"... if it get dry, the removing process get harder.
I like the death and cross bones image on the can...that either means it will really work or it will kill you....

Today I spent some time to clean the carb.. I disassembled it an year ago.. Now it is time to rebuild it.

butttttttt .. !@#!ADDFA ... a small bolt broke..

Now I'm doing some bolt mining here.. found some.. want to find 4 or 8 nuts identical to make carb beautiful

second pictures is from one year ago and show the bolt that broke today.

-
Back