Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
Man I am seriously impressed with your work so far. Keep up the great work and pics!

Man, I'm lovin' this thread!!.......this is the first time seeing those swoopy C-pillars and those cool grilles!! It kinda makes me grind my teeth knowing we can't get our hands on some of that stuff tho'......BTW, I also really like that Aussie Valiant's front turn signals above the headlights......so cool.

I'm sure having the headlights behind the grille on that Brazilian Dart would never fly here in the U.S......as far as D.O.T.....

I'll post more "on progress" work.. I hope to finish some things next week.

As I'm working in a lot of parts, I have to intercalate time between them.

I have just phoned to the shop where my seats are being recovered... dammmmm it ... the guy told me that he will need more 1 or 2 weeks.

on Wednesday and Friday I worked on rear axle. I'm trying work on suspensions. This way, I can weld the floor panels and put my car on four wheels.

Firts picture... I disassembled rear axle and cleaned it.. I had to bought some bearings.. I bought first class bearings.. some Chinese bearings where much cheaper but low quality.. I don't trust it.

pay attention on first picture.. there are some metal bar with the rear axle.. they will be my subframe connectors. I need to make some new cuts on it and weld.

I also disassemble rear breaks. Have to paint and put new parts. They are in good condition and I just need to trade cylinders and brakes material (don't know the name in English).

ps: if someone needs help to disassemble breaks, I do have a set of pictures.. just ask...

Resize of DSC02563.JPG

Resize of DSC02554.JPG

My dart rear axle and engine are in a friend's home.
He has a Brazilian dodge charger.. with that nice front grille and smooth C panel. He is also restoring the car by himself...
but, he is riding the car after the car was primed.. He was desperate to ride his car.

Resize of DSC02568.JPG

Resize of DSC02569.JPG

Resize of DSC02571.JPG

Resize of DSC02572.JPG

Resize of DSC02573.JPG

Resize of DSC02574.JPG

my engine. It is a 318 small block. Have to clean, paint and do some more stuff..

meanwhile I'll use as it as. But I want to make it better. I have a summit intake and a 650cfm spreadbore carb to use. I intend to buy new parts to complement my project... but money.. isn't on my side :(

Resize of DSC02566.JPG

Cleaned breaks parts. I've let these parts at electrolysis to clean rust.. metal after electrolysis have a thin layer of dark oxide. Have to brush or clean with acid (chloridric acid I think). As I will paint it, I don't bother with dark oxide and I just brushed a little.

Resize of DSC02600.JPG

Hi Alex!

Your car is beatiful A - Body made in Brazil, my Dodge is the same below, you know.

See you my friend.

DSC02873.jpg

very nice fab work.its nice to see how people from other places use there resources to make things work. i guess we take it for granted our aftermarket parts suppliers. Good luck! looking forward to more pictures as well.

Hi,

Look the pictures!

My car in the restoration process too.

Was blue with black interior and in the future it egg shell white color with light brown interior, like was fabricated.

The begin this process was January 04, 2010.

I'm very happy, my Dodge will stay like new, I hope!!!!

I made a simulation with white color, is the last picture.

DSC02873.jpg

DSC03015.jpg

DSC03022.jpg

DSC03027.jpg

branco_faixa2.jpg

I have enjoyed this thread thoroughly! We're witnessing the birth of a genuine car guy in the mold of hot rodders in the United States circa 1950s. The things you've done Alex are the sort of things we used to do here in the U.S. before the aftermarket started making all our goodies for us.

If you ever immigrate to the U.S., I think you'd give the top builders here a run for their money with the right project. This is some serious talent we're seeing here.

Hi Randy, I glad to hear it from you. Thanks a lot for your comments.
Next Friday I will post some more pics from dart work progress.

This week I had to work a lot in my theses and research project at university and so.. I had to stop my dart project for a while.

I have enjoyed this thread thoroughly! We're witnessing the birth of a genuine car guy in the mold of hot rodders in the United States circa 1950s. The things you've done Alex are the sort of things we used to do here in the U.S. before the aftermarket started making all our goodies for us.

If you ever immigrate to the U.S., I think you'd give the top builders here a run for their money with the right project. This is some serious talent we're seeing here.

finally it's Friday.. Went to my junk room and painted break parts.

I used light gray. Don't know if will the best option but I think it will be easier to see any oil leak in the future.

The outside parts will be black (or black mixed with a little portion of gray). Rear axle, rear break drums..

Resize of DSC02697.JPG

Resize of DSC02699.JPG

Resize of DSC02700.JPG

Alex welcome to FABO. This is the first time I have seen your thread. You are doing a great job on your car, especially with the limited space, lack of parts, and the homemade tools. It is very interesting to see the differences in the US model A-bodies and the foreign ones, pretty cool. I love the grills on these cars. Thanks for all the pictures of your progress, I will be sure to keep an eye on this thread.

Boa vinda ao FABO amigo. Eu gosto de seu carro, trabalho muito agradável!!
(hope this is close to being correct)

hi BigRichieO

almost perfect your Portuguese. Instead of "boa vinda" (welcome) you should say Bem vindo (boa = good, bem = well). For example good car (carro bom) and well done (bem feito).

The remaining of the phrase is perfect. I wounder you talking it with the US accent. (you may wonder a Brazilian accent in English too)

Hi Randy, I glad to hear it from you. Thanks a lot for your comments.
Next Friday I will post some more pics from dart work progress.

This week I had to work a lot in my theses and research project at university and so.. I had to stop my dart project for a while.

Your skill and talent are blessings from God. Old hot rodders back in the 50s used to do the sort of work you're doing.

I know of some people in Brazil. They have an association with our church here in Grapevine, Texas. I'm sure they'd be interested in your car and I'd like to give them your contact info, if that's okay with you.

Hi Randy.. thanks very much for your comments. And thanks God every day for every little think I end building.

You may given them my contact.. no problem. alex.borges AT gmail.com

sorry I delayed to answer your message.. I was too much busy this week. I'm finishing my phd theses.. and I have to write some documents to next friday (hard deadline).

Next week I think I'm back to dodge work.. at least one hour a day.

Your skill and talent are blessings from God. Old hot rodders back in the 50s used to do the sort of work you're doing.

I know of some people in Brazil. They have an association with our church here in Grapevine, Texas. I'm sure they'd be interested in your car and I'd like to give them your contact info, if that's okay with you.

Hi Longgone.. I will remake all break lines too. I will take my old break lines to a shop to make them new.. with a new end. I will use a different break cilinder and they have a different connection.

As soon as I start to make them I will take some photos.. and post here!

Do you install your own brake linings too? Nice work!

Hi Longgone.. I will remake all break lines too. I will take my old break lines to a shop to make them new.. with a new end. I will use a different break cilinder and they have a different connection.

As soon as I start to make them I will take some photos.. and post here!

I think we lost a little something in translation, but to sum it up I`m very impressed with your fabrication skills! In America there`s a saying "necessity is the mother of invention". Nice work Alex. :thumbup:

Love your work keep it up I will use your thread as motivation to complete my car. If you can do it with a huge shortage of parts then I should have no problem completeing mine here.

Today I took a few hours to cut a piece o sheet metal and worked on it.

This piece will be the driver side, front floor piece that I don't have in my dart.

by the way, happy a 100 posts!

Resize of DSC02898.JPG

-
Back