Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
Hi guys, thanks for all messages...

winter in my region is not a problem... the lower temperature we have is 10 celsius at night (50 degrees farenheit)...

The major problem is that at summer here rains a lot.. almost every day we have a tropical storm.

I moved to my actual city this year, thus I rent a small apartment.. I´m waiting for better days, when I´ll buy a house with a big garage ;)

I´m working on small things..

thanks all messages
Alex

Ha, his summer is on the way and ours is ending. It went too fast. Keep up the good work Alex!

Finnaly I bough a home.. I think I´ll move to new home in february .. until there I have to do some minor repair as painting. Moreover, I have to prepare all paper (and there are a lot of paper to sign)

Yesterday I took a photo from parking garage (where my dodge will rest while I restore it). My wife will park his car where de red car is .. I´ll park the dodge just on right place of parking garage.

Attachments

• DSC09935_resize.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 694
Alex I have just found your thread, I have to say man you have both impressed, motivated, and embarrassed me. I have spent several years sitting on my projects with excuses of I need this welder, I need this tool, I have to wait till i can afford this piece, I have to wait till I have a big enough shop.
I recently traded a '78 Dodge Ramcharger (that I have had sitting for over 12 years) for a '72 Duster. Its a bare bones Slant 6 car no options, with no engine or transmission. This one I will get busy on I have let a busy life and my own procrastination get in the way long enough, I thank you Sir. If you can make the progress you have with such limited tools, and available new parts, I surely can make due and get things done myself. Once again I thank you Sir, and I will definitely keep an eye on your continuing progress. By the way congratulations on the new home. David

Hi David

I´m happy I have motivated you. Please don´t embarrassed :D

This year (2011) I procrastinated a lot. I worked a lot focusing my new job at the University (I´m a computer science professr/researcher). But now, I think I will back to work on my dodge when I move to new home.

I´m jealous... you can buy new parts, new quarter panel, new floor... pretty much easier than what we do in Brazil. As consequence, I think you may have a better car... What I´m trying to say is that you have to work on your car.. the worst condiction you have is much better than my condiction to repair my car!

send me photos from you car...or post them in a thread

best wishes
Alex

Alex I have just found your thread, I have to say man you have both impressed, motivated, and embarrassed me. I have spent several years sitting on my projects with excuses of I need this welder, I need this tool, I have to wait till i can afford this piece, I have to wait till I have a big enough shop.
I recently traded a '78 Dodge Ramcharger (that I have had sitting for over 12 years) for a '72 Duster. Its a bare bones Slant 6 car no options, with no engine or transmission. This one I will get busy on I have let a busy life and my own procrastination get in the way long enough, I thank you Sir. If you can make the progress you have with such limited tools, and available new parts, I surely can make due and get things done myself. Once again I thank you Sir, and I will definitely keep an eye on your continuing progress. By the way congratulations on the new home. David

I have to agree with you, comparing my project to yours, Mine will be a walk in the park. That is what I find so impressive your doing all this with extremely limited new parts. All i have to do is work a little over time, and place an order. You have to use ingenuity and creativity, your car will be far more special than anything I ever build.
As for pictures My '72 Duster is 500 miles from me I have to go back to where i grew up and haul it home. I recently got a truck so I can go get it I'm planing a trip in January to bring it home. Thank you for your inspiration.David

This shifter is quite rare to find.. Someone took off it from my car, while it was in the junkyard...
yesterday a friend emailed me with this picutres.. finnaly I got a 3 speed factory floor shifter to my dart SE.

priceless... I traded six 68 dart side markers for the shifter :D :D

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 590
  • DSCF0002.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 597
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 608
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 585
when I get older
loosing my hair
many years from now

this week I celebrated my birthday!

now I´m 33 ;)

Attachments

• DSC09986_resize.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 565
Happy birthday! So those 68 marker lights are like little nuggets of gold are they? Small enough to ship if you need more. Some of our emblems too?

Hi dartfastback

some small pieces are really pieces of gold here.. for example tailights from 68 or 69 darts (even lenses or bezel)... emblems too. Fender Mount Indicators for turn signals (70´s dodge)

sometimes I buy small parts and replicas in ebay to trade here in brazil.

I think I just need 3 more emblems to my dart
(I´m copying description from ebay)

(one) Mopar 1968-1969 Dart 4 Door Vinyl Top ONLY Sail Panel Emblem - this one is for my dart SE tail panel

(two) 71 1971 "DODGE" DODGE DART HOOD EMBLEM NAMEPLATE

see ya.. alex

Happy birthday! So those 68 marker lights are like little nuggets of gold are they? Small enough to ship if you need more. Some of our emblems too?

the "dodge" emblem is to be placed on frond fenders

the 'triangle' will be placed on tail panel

post pics of emblems you are looking for.May have something.

Attachments

• toSEtailPanle.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 515
  • DodgehoodEmblem.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 490
Looked around to see what I might have.Have to check second location for the DODGE script. No regular sail panel emblems, but do have some in SE with damage at bottom. See photo. You could maybe shorten undamaged side to match. 1 good ,2 same damage. Other pic is assorted emblems. Charger emblems from door panel of car. Birds are from Labaron I think.

PM me your new shipping address as I know you moved from BH.

Attachments

• SE emblems.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 496
  • dodge emblems.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 515
Hi, Private Message sent

Looked around to see what I might have.Have to check second location for the DODGE script. No regular sail panel emblems, but do have some in SE with damage at bottom. See photo. You could maybe shorten undamaged side to match. 1 good ,2 same damage. Other pic is assorted emblems. Charger emblems from door panel of car. Birds are from Labaron I think.

PM me your new shipping address as I know you moved from BH.

OK got your new mailing address. Do those SE badges interest you? Damage is slight. I have 2 sets of 1967 taillights and 1 set of 1969 I'm not going to use. Want to hold on the 1968 ones as that what I'm using.

Hi
the SE badges do really interest me. I can use restore them

if possible, I would like the 69 tailkights.. they are exactly the same as our 71 model (and a friend trade with the correct model I want)

thanks a lot

Alex

OK got your new mailing address. Do those SE badges interest you? Damage is slight. I have 2 sets of 1967 taillights and 1 set of 1969 I'm not going to use. Want to hold on the 1968 ones as that what I'm using.

The 1969 TL's are in the worst shape of the lot. cracks+rechroming needed. See damage on the right one at the outter screws both top and bottom. It's like over tightening crush damage to the point of slight cracking. 1967's used back up lights in bumper. Not prefect either. Was a 1967 TL style ever used there?If not, could be more swap-able nuggets.

Attachments

• DSC00028.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 461
  • DSC00026.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 473
Heres what I need from you.Close up pics of front of charger fenders for mounting of mine. see photo. pics of fenders mounted to car. Pics of grill mounts to fenders /rad support. Pics of hood latching area. I think you get the idea. More pics the merrier.Maybe your friend has pics from his restore. At painting time would be nice photos because no bumper/ grill installed.Or maybe an owner at a show will let you take some pics of their car. This technical info will allow me to keep going on the change over with minimal redo corrections.

Attachments

• DSC00031.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 495
Then there is some parts I might still need like the 4 bulb pots rings to hold/adjust bulbs.
Wondering if your cars ever came with cruise control or power trunk release or inside hood release. Just examples of trade stuff small enough to ship.

Here.s some pics of our yard to give you a white Christmas.My car is wintering in the grey one!

Attachments

• DSC00034.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 461
  • DSC00030.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 469
-
Back