Brazilian Dodge Dart 76 (similar to 69 usa)

-
I've opened the gas tank cap to know how it works (or how to change lock key mechanism)

first I removed screws .. and some parts pulled out.. don't worry.. easy to reinstall (at least I know it now)

Locking key mechnis has 2 pins on its bottom... to remove it I inserted a tiny screw driver on that fend... and I keep removing loking plates... photo 3 show the moment I inserted the screw drive on the front end of gas cap...

Figure 4 shows how mechnis works.. the when you turn the key, the 2 pins push that mecanis against the coils.. to put everything in place just put pieces together, put a cover as show in figure 5 (figure 5 just shows the cover)... while I got the 2 pieces togeter (front with key mechanis and back with lock mecanism) I moved the key to put it on the right place.

can wait to do some serious jobs on my car...

Attachments

• Resize of DSC09117.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 954
  • Resize of DSC09108.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 931
  • Resize of DSC09106.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 931
  • Resize of DSC09115.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 919
  • Resize of DSC09114.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 921
windshield colum welded
front hood corner now fixed (it used to have rust mark)
driver side fender welded (and also passenger side)

take a look at tailight place.. rust! damn it

Attachments

• DSC09293_resize.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 879
  • DSC09290_resize.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 892
  • DSC09289_resize.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 893
  • DSC09288_resize.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 887
  • DSC09287_resize.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 873
  • DSC09285_resize.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 889
  • DSC09284_resize.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 874
old school

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmPWKp_JDEA"]‪welding dodge‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Hi 340_dart
I´m not sure if I understand your question.

At the rear, I found some rusted metal. Water that come into trunk from the tailight perhaps.

I punched the place with a hammer to remove rusted metal piece.

Passenger side is ok.. I think nothing has to be done

Alex, was that hit in the rear by the taililight above?

sometimes I get tired because I have to build a lot of parts by myself.

but habe to keeping walking... I will ask dad to weld this clutch rod I made tomorrow.

I´m also making new brake lines. I will try to post photos more often.

Attachments

• IMG_2774_resize.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 795
Small room, I bought a steel crank 318 from a guy and he dragged it out of his bedroom closet. Those Seats in the Canada restoration are freakin thick! I like the master cylinder dual caps too. Very nice car.

Muito bom encontrar um amigo brasilieiro aqui!!

Cara vc tem muita habilidade para fazer as coisas. Tenho um Dart 79 duas portas, está com lata pronta, pintura e interior. Agora estou fazendo toda parte de mecanica e suspenção.

Abraços.

Nice to find a brazilian friend here.

Dud, you have a lot habitability to things. I have a 79' Dart 2 door coupe. Body work, paiting and interior are finished. Now I am working on engine and suspension.

hasta la vista!

when dodges were nothing then junkyard crap... since chrysler closed its factory here, mopar became cheaper and cheaper. for example, in the middle 90's a friend bought its sedan.. He traded an old tv and a leather jacket on it.,.. it's sedan is almost new since it bought.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyu4N3yKpXE"]9 Etapa Paranaense de Hot-Dodge - YouTube[/ame]

Alex...where do I sign up to race?

That looks like so much fun.....I used to race motocross and that looks like something I could get into.

Is the race circuit popular down there or was this a special Dodge only race?

And how is your car coming?

Mop

hi momopar man

there still have some cross races at the present. Nowadays people use "plastic" cars as VW and Fiat (most of them with front traction).

the video I sent was a race circuit that only dodges used to race. but in the 90's dodges and GM (most of them with 6 inline engine) used to race together.

My car is staying at the painting shop... resting for a while. As I'm without a permanent home, I do prefer that the painter delay a little.

I will make a phone call to the painter today to check if he needs any thing.

I'm working on brake lines.. dam hard work.. I think I will buy cooper tubes because iron tubes are too much hard.. I did single flare and I'm afraid about brake fluid leak. Its the first time I'm flaring and thus I'm still have begginers fear that nothing will work.

Alex...where do I sign up to race?

That looks like so much fun.....I used to race motocross and that looks like something I could get into.

Is the race circuit popular down there or was this a special Dodge only race?

And how is your car coming?

Mop

Will it work? I pray for gods of speed ..

Attachments

• DSC09782_resize.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 722
  • DSC09783_resize.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 695
  • DSC09784_resize.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 723
  • DSC09787_resize.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 689
Hmmmmm.

You say you can't get a double flare? I think that it's real important to do it right or your gonna leak all over. Do you have a flaring tool or can you borrow one?

I know from experience that stainless steel lines are a b#ch to flare properly as they take a lot of pressure to form. The galvanized steel line is a lot easier to work with.

Either way I think you should be careful.....hate to have you crash on your maiden voyage.:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii8ppqRXDcE&feature=player_embedded"]Tutorial on How to Flare Brake and Fuel Lines - YouTube[/ame]

Mop

the tube I´m using does not flare straight.. I used the double flare tool and then.. one side of the tube bended more then the other.. then I did a single flare.. very slow.. very slow... and then.. I got the result I show in previous post

I will try more this night. I think I will buy a cooper tube to check if it flares smoother.

I wish it was easy as the video shows :(

Hmmmmm.

You say you can't get a double flare? I think that it's real important to do it right or your gonna leak all over. Do you have a flaring tool or can you borrow one?

I know from experience that stainless steel lines are a b#ch to flare properly as they take a lot of pressure to form. The galvanized steel line is a lot easier to work with.

Either way I think you should be careful.....hate to have you crash on your maiden voyage.:D

Tutorial on How to Flare Brake and Fuel Lines - YouTube

Mop

Attachments

• DSC09777_resize.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 667
  • DSC09779_resize.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 718
Alex,
If you single flare it, it will crack and it will leak. The properly flared tube will accommodate some irregularities in the flare when it is tightened. Brakes are not the place where I would try short cuts. Is there possibly a service garage near you that would be willing to the flare the tubes for you once they are bent? Good luck. L8r

Jim

X2!!!

Your car is going to be so sweet.....your life is too.

Don't cut corners here.

Do what the man said and see a professional. :thumleft:

Mop

Also you should de-burr it before you try to flare it.

Get rid of the lip on the inside of the tube.....that is if your going to try a few more times.

be sure I´ll try

I tried to search a place here in my city to have brake lines custom made. I notice that brake shops here aren´t good. They do single flare .. If I do not find brake lines "factory" made.. I´ll made it by myself.. the right way! double flare it!

Also you should de-burr it before you try to flare it.

Get rid of the lip on the inside of the tube.....that is if your going to try a few more times.

Alex,
If you single flare it, it will crack and it will leak. The properly flared tube will accommodate some irregularities in the flare when it is tightened. Brakes are not the place where I would try short cuts. Is there possibly a service garage near you that would be willing to the flare the tubes for you once they are bent? Good luck. L8r

Jim

In my Fury have single flare on line to right front drum from 2003. Have to go work on next morning, so fast fix at night. No leaks, thanks lucky one. When i was working mechanic douple flare is for backup (in theory and also for safe). Our road safety department also demands douple flare. With single it is 50-50 % safety in pressure.

Finally I welded it.

I´m not having progress.. Waiting for better days.

Attachments

• DSC09912_resize.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 571
Hi Alex, your summer season coming , so you'll get going again. Getting the paint done is a big hurtle. When its done everything starts going back on and you feel good. All your hard prep work like the seats etc pays off.

Hi Alex, your summer season coming , so you'll get going again. Getting the paint done is a big hurtle. When its done everything starts going back on and you feel good. All your hard prep work like the seats etc pays off.

Ha, his summer is on the way and ours is ending. It went too fast. Keep up the good work Alex!

-
Back