Brazil's rare barn find !

-
Did they all come with rally gauges in 70?

70DartMike,

All brazilian first gen. Darts & Chargers came with the rally gauges, they're quite exactly the same ones used on the Barracudas back in 1967 till 1969.
Chrysler of Brazil decided to use these gauges instead of the same american ones because yours looked like very much the same as the main Dart's competition car of that time, the Ford Galaxie, this one a perfect replica of the american 1966 model, only in the four-door pillared sedan bodyshell.
Next time I go to our friend's Dart I'll take some detailed pics on the gauges, okay ??

Gorgeous car! Any engine bay photos?

Did the cars built down there have fender tags?

Alaskan TA,

Unfortunately we didn't have the same fender tags as the original American Darts, but only one placed in the engine bay, on the firewall. I'll put a picture of this soon, okay ??
Thanks for your comment !

Side markers look like our 1969 Mopars, and the '68 lower dash pad too.

Cudadriver,

In fact, our first gen. Darts looks exactly the same as yours 1969 Darts, except for the instrument cluster that uses the Barracuda gauges, the sole 2-bbl. 318 V8 engine option and the four door sedan only possible choose for the 1969/1970 cars. Our Darts used front-disc brakes as an option only in the 1971 models too.
After 1971 year model more options could be found as I told before.
We had some brazilian-made changes only by 1973 with some cosmetic changes adapted to our local market, so by rule the 69/72 models were very similar to the 69 Darts in North America.

Cool car!!!! An original unrestored car is a look that you just can't recreate in a restoration, just the right amount of shine & luster....not over detailed but unscathed, etc... Pics look like they belong in the 1970 Dodge Dart brochure.

Good Luck, ZooKypr

ZooKypr,

It's exactly like you said, this is a unmolested & unrestored car, all original, with very low mileage, and it really looks like the original car on the factory's brochure...In fact we have all the dealer's documentation and you may see the old yellow license plates when the car was stored (here in Brazil they changed this model for the three-letter four-number model more than fifteen years ago).
I'm putting more pics on this rescue for you my friends !!

Your stories are very interesting and special, maybe you should see if any Mopar magazines could do a feature on these cars.

Your stories are very interesting and special, maybe you should see if any Mopar magazines could do a feature on these cars.

Goldfish65,

It'll be a real pleasure to help all our Mopar enthusiasts to show our great A-body heritage here in Brazil...
Hope to help you all sharing all material and stuff that I may find about our beloved cars !

Here are more pics I uploaded on the Dart's rescue...

The place in the garage where it sat for a quarter of century, finally coming out of the disclosure

dodgedart1970.jpg

dodgedart19703.jpg

dodgedart19702.jpg

And here are some pics on the engine, sorry for the quality because they were made moments before its first start after all these years, hope to make good new ones next week

q007.jpg

q003ot.jpg

q004.jpg

And here's the other rare car waiting for the next rescue: a 1976 Dodge Charger R/T all original with automatic transmission, parked between the two 1970 Dart Sedans and a 1971 Dart Coupé, all resting in the same "bedroom"

dodgechargerrt2.jpg

dodgechargerrt.jpg

To make sure these cars would run perfectly for a real long time, Mr. Michel, the owner, bought complete NOS parts from the discontinued dealers just after Chrysler's closure in the early eighties.
Here's an original box right from the big stock:

q012.jpg

And to close this post, the other great car that's fully usable by Mr. Michel, a 1971 Dart Coupé, all original with some interesting dealer-installed accessories like the A/C, P/B, P/S, Magnum 500 wheels, a four-speed floor shifter with console, bucket seats and so on...

dodgedart1971.jpg

dodgedart19712.jpg

I have to make another postage just for this 71 Dart, it's magnificent too !!!

See ya, folks !!!

Those are some real nice cars.
Hope you don't mind me adjusting a couple pics. Just giving everyone
a better look.

Attachments

• 0dodgechargerrt.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 482
  • 0dart1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 470
What a barn! That '77 Dart looks just like a U.S. '69. I liked the flat front of the 67-71? Darts. I think the later angled front end was part of a redesign for safety bumpers per U.S. mandate that affected most cars. I especially love the Brazilian Chargers. Looks like a A-body with an aggressive front.

Wow!! Those are some great historical Mopars you got there!!! Very Cool! I noticed the master cylinder on the Dart has a rather large looking cap on the cover of the cylinder. Different from the ones in the states. Those vehicles are museum quality for sure and the fact that you have all the history on them makes them even more rare. I am jealous! What a great thread. Please post more pics as you uncover these and get them running and cleaned up. Thanks for the great pics. Beautiful cars.

Wow!! Those are some great historical Mopars you got there!!! Very Cool! I noticed the master cylinder on the Dart has a rather large looking cap on the cover of the cylinder. Different from the ones in the states. Those vehicles are museum quality for sure and the fact that you have all the history on them makes them even more rare. I am jealous! What a great thread. Please post more pics as you uncover these and get them running and cleaned up. Thanks for the great pics. Beautiful cars.

X2 great cars, well preserved, thanks.

Cudadriver, this ramp was made by the car's owner back in the fifties when he uesd to make some maintenance on customer's cars...This gentle old man is a real fine mechanic & craftsman, his life history should make a great book too...
We had a special issue on our biggest collector classic car magazine edited here in Brazil, and I'll bring you some extra pics on his cars & history too !!!
Too cool not to be showing...
Thanks for the reply, my friend !!

Thanks for your reply. I'm very interested in your friend's collection. It makes for great reading and the pics of your countries Mopars are very refreshing. I'm glad you found this site and posted the pics and comments. Please post as many as you can. Mike

I am speechless to Sparky!! But you know me :happy10:
Thank you for sharing a great man and his cars here for us buzian :cheers:, the out door service bay is popular here in the mid south, and they are great to have.
I sure do enjoy learning about these great cars from different countries buzian :happy10:
And thank you warwagons :cheers:

Awesome pix. Always love to see around the world. Nice car and lift!

Those engine pics are interesting, more please! It looks like they used the older style valve covers and 69-older radiator, water pump, fan and pullies. I bet a lot of older, left-over out-dated parts were sent over by Chrysler to use on these cars. Also, is that a heat shield on the driver side exhaust manifold?

WOW, again! What a time capsule. Can't wait to see your pics of the R/T , and his 71 coupe. Are the amber foglights behind the grille standard?

The green Dart is a beautiful time capsule, but the 76 Charger RT is the one I really like. I've always loved the 73-77 Brazilian Charger RT. One day I would love to own one.
Love the stone lift too.

What a barn! That '77 Dart looks just like a U.S. '69. I liked the flat front of the 67-71? Darts. I think the later angled front end was part of a redesign for safety bumpers per U.S. mandate that affected most cars. I especially love the Brazilian Chargers. Looks like a A-body with an aggressive front.

And that's the exact reason for Chrysler of Brazil managed to do something "different" for our market, Bill !!
The most distinguished design features on the Charger here were the front grille and "side rails" on the roof...
Like this:

moparnationals200922.jpg

Thanks for the kind reply !!!

And that's the exact reason for Chrysler of Brazil managed to do something "different" for our market, Bill !!
The most distinguished design features on the Charger here were the front grille and "side rails" on the roof...
Like this:

moparnationals200922.jpg

Thanks for the kind reply !!!

very cool man....
very cool
Hi FABO friends !!!
Here comes me and a very special story: a real close senior friend of ours has 86 years old and a whole life dedicated to the Chrysler of Brazil heritage.
He himself worked on a big dealer located in the southside of Rio Grande do Sul and was responsible for the final vehicle delivery. When Chrysler decided to close the running production he started to buy lots of Dodge stuff, including lots of parts and quite brand new vehicles that the customer's shop had.
One of these great brazilian A-body cars was a 1970 Dodge Dart Sedan, metallic green with a matching interior, bought back in 1977 with less than ten thousand miles on the clock, completely original, from head to toe.
This car was storaged in a dry garage back in 1985 and this year the owner's grandchild asked him to take her to the church in her wedding that finally happened last weekend.
We started to bring this green Dart back to life about two months ago...
Here are some interesting shots we did in this period:

After some struggle, we finally got the car outside the garage after 25 years:

Unecessarily to say how grateful we were in this afternoon...
Another classic & great A-body Dodge back to life !!!

-
Back