Brazil's rare barn find !

-
HI Very Kool, Love It , Also Love The Stone Car Ramp , Bloody Legend,

Thanks pal !!!!
Well, as you saw the whole plot, let me put some fresh new stuff I made last week, after we came from the meet...Here we are: three classic Darts, two elderly brothers from the first generation and our baby boy from the last one, all together in a magic place, where time seems to stop for a while...
Enjoy !!!

garagemmichel02.jpg

garagemmichel08.jpg

garagemmichel10.jpg

garagemmichel09.jpg

garagemmichel13.jpg

garagemmichel11.jpg

garagemmichel12.jpg

garagemmichel15.jpg

garagemmichel19.jpg

garagemmichel20.jpg

garagemmichel23.jpg

garagemmichel22.jpg

garagemmichel24.jpg

garagemmichel26.jpg

garagemmichel27.jpg

garagemmichel28.jpg

Have a REAL nice week for all of us !!!

Oh, I was forgetting...

The main reason for the 1970 Green Dart came back to life was an important mission, as I've already told you guys: to ride the granddaughter's owner bride to the church in her wedding day !!
And here are some shots made on that very special day:

Alexandra Michel ready to be dropped at the wedding !!

casamento3.jpg

casamento2l.jpg

casamentob.jpg

casamento4.jpg

And last week, now a married woman, just in love with her granddaddy's fine A-body 71 Dart Coupé:

mtoutubro001.jpg

Great moments !!!

Thanks for posting all these cool pictures. I love seeing vintage Mopars from around the world. The Brazilian Charger RT has always been one of my favorites of the Mopars never available in the U.S.
I like the side stripes on the 73 and 75 RT the best, the grille on the 73-74, and the tail lights on the 75-78. The hood on the Brazilian RT is the 68-69 Dart GTS & Swinger 340 hood, but the 68 only Dart GTS style chrome hood inserts were used on all the Brazilian Charger RTs with that hood up through 78, I believe. So, how hard is it to find those RT hood inserts in decent shape. Since they were used for so many years there, and only one year here, I'm thinking they might possibly be easier to find there.
Those survivor 68, I mean 71 Darts look great too. Love the gold one with the Magnums.

Nice pics but Buzian, the ones with the pretty bride should be in the "Hot Mopar Babes" thread!! :cheers:

Thanks for posting all these cool pictures. I love seeing vintage Mopars from around the world. The Brazilian Charger RT has always been one of my favorites of the Mopars never available in the U.S.
I like the side stripes on the 73 and 75 RT the best, the grille on the 73-74, and the tail lights on the 75-78. The hood on the Brazilian RT is the 68-69 Dart GTS & Swinger 340 hood, but the 68 only Dart GTS style chrome hood inserts were used on all the Brazilian Charger RTs with that hood up through 78, I believe. So, how hard is it to find those RT hood inserts in decent shape. Since they were used for so many years there, and only one year here, I'm thinking they might possibly be easier to find there.
Those survivor 68, I mean 71 Darts look great too. Love the gold one with the Magnums.

Thanks Jim !!!

Yeah, you're absolutely right about the oservations on our Brazilian Chargers !
The hood ornament come only on the 1973 till 1977 cars, and they were exclusive to the R/T model, all others used the plain hood as stated.
Here it's not so difficult to find the inserts, but the specific hood is getting lots of work to get...
Thanks for your fine words, my friend !!

WOW What an awesome history lesson! Mr. Michel is a very knowledgeable and innovative man for sure. You should try to contact MOPAR MUSCLE magazine. they would definitely be interested in the vast knowledge and pictures of these beautiful and unique collection of Mopar vehicles. Fantastic Thread!!! This thread should be a "Thread of the Month" winner if there was such an honor on these forums. Very interesting read and awesome looking cars. Thanks and please post more if you have any about the history of Mopars in Brazil.

WOW What an awesome history lesson! Mr. Michel is a very knowledgeable ans innovative man for sure. You should try to contact MOPAR MUSCLE magazine. they would definitely be interested in the vast knowledge and pictures of these beautiful and unique collection of Mopar vehicles. Fantastic Thread!!! This thread should be a "Thread of the Month" winner if there was such an honor on these forums. Very interesting read and awesome looking cars. Thanks and please post more if you have any about the history of Mopars in Brazil.

Man, as I said before, it's a real pleasure to share all this pics & info about our great brazilian A-body cars with you guys !!!
This is the right place to talk about our real passions, and believe, A-body cars are very rare here nowadays and the call tons of attention even when standing still...
Next year there'll be 30 years since the last one rolled off the now defunct Chrysler assembly line in SBCampo/SP,Brazil...After so few made we're lucky enough to get these true survivors and we're very proud to continue this history !!!
I'll try to get MOPAR MUSCLE and convince them to make a series from our beloved Darts & Chargers...
Thanks a lot for your comments, my friend !!

Those are some real nice cars.
Hope you don't mind me adjusting a couple pics. Just giving everyone
a better look.

Notice that on the '70 there is no heater, and the carburetor has a side inlet....neat stuff!

I just started looking. This thread is great! Quite a history lesson for us all.
Thanks Buzian for all the photos and dialog. What a great opportunity for you too! toolmanmike

Notice that on the '70 there is no heater, and the carburetor has a side inlet....neat stuff!

Tyler, you've made an interesting point...Here in Brazil we NEVER had a hater in our cars, besides the fact that here in the south we have a very cold weather in the autumn & winter springs...Only blow-cold A/C was offered, maybe Chrysler thought that the hot climate happens all over our place...It was a clear mistake for years, indeed !!
And about the carburetor, the original design was a 2 bbl.Carter model.
Thanks for your comments, my friend, and stay tuned for more good stuff !!!

I just started looking. This thread is great! Quite a history lesson for us all.
Thanks Buzian for all the photos and dialog. What a great opportunity for you too! toolmanmike

It's me who wants to thank you all folks for having this blessed place to change stuff !!!
Hope to deliver more & more for you guys !!!
See ya !!

Hey FABO friends !!!

Just received some pics from last sunday's Dodge meeting that happened at São paulo, where a very good friend of ours, Fabio Pagotto, another A-body admirer, was autographing his first book telling about our local Chrysler's heritage, from the very beginning !!! Unfortunately this first edition is only in portuguese, hope to have one in english someday...But I can translate some good stuff for you all, guys !!!
I wanna get mine next month when I hope to go to SP to see family & friends too...
Guess who was patiently waitin' in the parking lot ???
Lots of Darts & Chargers, of course !!!
Well, let's stop the crap & go to the images...
Here's Fabio autographing his masterpiece:

pb061689.jpg

pb061690.jpg

And now...The stars of the show !!!!

pb061643.jpg

pb061645.jpg

pb061661.jpg

pb061660.jpg

pb061646.jpg

pb061647.jpg

pb061648.jpg

pb061664.jpg

pb061662.jpg

pb061671.jpg

pb061673.jpg

pb061677.jpg

Heeey, what A day, isn't it ???
Wish I was there to meet our big fellas...
Next month I will, for sure !!!

Love the brown 76 Charger RT. Is the bright yellow on the 73 a factory color for 73 in Brazil?
Is the orange one a 72 or is it a 71 and was the orange a factory color?
As for the book, if it has lots of color pictures of Brazilian Chargers, then I want a copy (even if I can't read it).

Love the brown 76 Charger RT. Is the bright yellow on the 73 a factory color for 73 in Brazil?
Is the orange one a 72 or is it a 71 and was the orange a factory color?
As for the book, if it has lots of color pictures of Brazilian Chargers, then I want a copy (even if I can't read it).

Jim,

The bright yellow color was offered in the 73 till 76 on all Darts & Chargers, and in my humble opinion they fit perfectly for the body, specially when matched to a black vinyl roof like the R/T's...
Here are some samples I took from my personal image bank collection:

A friend's 1976 Charger R/T, Tenerife Yellow

charger76tenerife01.jpg

charger76tenerife04.jpg

A 1973 Charger R/T, Sulphur Citric Yellow

rt73enxofre01.jpg

rt73enxofre02.jpg

We also had a special version called "SE"and based on the cheaper Dart with an sport accent, and Chrysler made it focusing on the young public. This is our local "Muscle Car" concept plentifully applied here...As they were very rare and most were destroyed or even "upgraded" with extra-installed accessories, not much left on the streets and they're valuable collector's item nowadays...

Here's a pristine friend's all original 1973 Dodge SE, belongs to his family since brand new:

se04g.jpg

se02z.jpg

se06.jpg

se07.jpg

selogo.jpg

se01.jpg

By 1974 the SE model had a slight change on the side stripes, and still carried the yellow color:

dartse74.jpg

dodgesenovelopark.jpg

dodgesenoveloparkii.jpg

The orange was only offered as a 1971 Charger color, and exclusive to him alone. This one marked the launch of the model in our market with this color on the ads:

foldercharger715.jpg

chargerrt71anunb.jpg

This one says: "Make some criticism on the american way of life...Inside this car !!" LOL !!!

Here's a friend's 1971 R/T photo recreation on the same car:

dentrodestecarro1ml7.jpg

And The 71 bright orange Charger was very famous here too because of a local film made in the same year with a very famous brazilian singer called Roberto Carlos, he played a role as a Chrysler dealer's local mechanic that dreamed of being a racing pilot...Imagine what car he used for the plot:

robertoeerasmoeminterla.jpg

rcmexendonochargerborea.jpg

You may find a sample of the film in this link at YouTube(sorry about the bad images):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTXDclL6Khw"]YouTube - ROBERTO CARLOS A 300 KM POR HORA[/ame]

Some more images on these beautifully Chargers:

chargerrtlaranja71ement.jpg

rtabacatecenoura2mg2.jpg

chargerrt71carloelincol.jpg

And of course the orange returned in 1972 when the SE model came to us...Here are some shots of this rare gem:

dartse.jpg

1001110v.jpg

1001112j.jpg

1001119m.jpg

1001113b.jpg

1001112j.jpg

1001114i.jpg

1001111.jpg

And about the book, you can buy it online direct from the editors. I strongly reccomend it, because this one brings lots of pictures on our local cars & production...
The link for buying is:

http://www.alaude.com.br/alaude/pro...D7881%2D053%2D5&dept%5Fname=Rogerio+de+Simone

Thanks, Ken !!!
BTW...
Oh, sorry guys !!!
I didn't notice that the pics are in the original size while I was uploading, so sorry about that !!!

Check out the console, the shifter comes through in a different spot than the US cars, that is where the ash tray is on our cars! Very cool pics, can't get enough!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

Thanks for the great pics and info dude! Now I wanna build a '76 Brazilian Charger clone in that crazy green!

Thanks for the great pictures. Can we see some more please?

Of course, Jim !!!

Now let's get some pics from the era, almost lost factory stuff...

Assembling the 318 V8

linhamotoresqm3.jpg

A 1975 Dodge SE ready for delivery (this one is very, very rare: we believe that less than twenty cars were made with this trim level in the last year's production !)

dodgese75zerocw4.jpg

Some Dodges going through export, in this picture the 1800 Polara

1800embarqueiihb4.jpg

1800embarquemf1.jpg

The launch on the TorqueFlite transmission for the Chargers happened in 1974 models, here's a shot taken inside the Chrysler factory studio, all parts came from US, never done locally

chargerautomaticvu2.jpg

cmbioautomtico.jpg

A Charger going through heavy water sealed inspection

chargerlavagemuh3.jpg

Some lost pics on a 1978 local showroom, introducing the 1979 models

standsalo79wm5.jpg

dart79saloaut78ux1.jpg

Just to get the idea, two shots on how different was a car using the same badge nameplate: a 1971 Brazilian Charger versus a 1968 american Charger, both cars are from my close friends

dsc04082.jpg

dsc04135.jpg

An X-ray drawing on a 1973 Dodge Dart

74raioxdart.jpg

1978 was the last year od the Dodge Charger with this enchanting grille, here are some pics on this beautiful car:

1978chargerrtazul.jpg

3970674602d1b0bba5e9o.jpg

39706784722f6795bd18o.jpg

3970679338ec61459a3eo.jpg

And to end this set, a collage from Dodge factory pics:

anunciosbrasil.jpg

More to come...Stay tuned !!!

-
Back