Breakfast! What do you like?

-
These are handy to keep around. :thumbsup:
large_f4065555-3575-49c7-9a5d-7a3f46c54a19.jpg
So many people in this country dont' cook and don't know how.

There's nothing better than biscuits and gravy with a couple of eggs over medium on top, heavily dosed with hot sauce. If not biscuits and gravy, feel free to substitute corned beef hash instead.

Chicken fried steak added to the biscuits and gravy is heaven on earth. I don't eat like this often, but it's the best thing to start your day off with a bang!

Back in good ole Missouri when I lived there just a few years ago,we would go out to breakfast about once every few months and splurge. The best biscuits and white sausage gravy was a buck fifty! Still one of my favorite, but the biscuits have to be GOOD and the gravy too!!!! little town of about 500 had a country cafe. Coffee was extra, I brought my own!!! I wasn't cheap, I was conservative by necessity!!!!! :poke::steering::BangHead:

I only eat breakfast on Sunday. 1/2 Einstein Bagel or 1/2 a muffin, fresh blueberries banana peach, cottage cheese, and tea. Every other day of the week I only drink water till lunch, between 12 noon and 1 pm.

I only eat breakfast on Sunday. 1/2 Einstein Bagel or 1/2 a muffin, fresh blueberries banana peach, cottage cheese, and tea. Every other day of the week I only drink water till lunch, between 12 noon and 1 pm.

I'd dry up and blow away in a light wind, eating like that!!!!!:poke:

The owner is from mid town Manhattan. He has successfully brought mid town Manhattan pizza to
Same here, there are two of those joints in the San Diego area, one is Bronx Pizza and the other Village Pizzeria.
The Village Pizzeria has water shipped in from Boogie Down Bronx. They say it makes the dough authentic.

A former co-worker of mine used to obsess with eating "healthy". He was thin, a runner, but also had high cholesterol. I on the other hand, pretty much eat anything I want within reason and moderation. He used to comment when he would see me eating something "unhealthy", that I should probably have my cholesterol checked. I would tell him that I had my cholesterol checked annually, and when I would give him the numbers he would literally get mad at me. He would say that they could not possibly be right and I would tell him that they were and had been that way all of my adult life. My Dad lived to be 84, and pretty much ate anything he wanted, again within reason and moderation, and he never had high cholesterol issues. My co-worker's Dad died in his 50's with heart disease due to high cholesterol. I'm 66 years old now and still have those good cholesterol numbers. I decided recently to have a baseline heart screening done to get an idea of how things were going with the ticker, and passed with flying colors, and a calcium score of 3, which my doctor said was better than his. So, I say all of this to say that some are blessed with better genes than others and each person should live their life accordingly.

That’s the whole thing right there !
Some people can eat anything and stay thin and healthy while others struggle eating healthy and exercising only to be told there near death doors and have to improve themselves.

I had a co worked like that. He would only eat lettuce and eggs for breakfast and lunch. He lived to tell me everything I’ve done and am doing wrong siting his own constraints as law for everyone. He would shout across the shop floor obscenities and ridicule me for eating chicken, yes! Eating grilled chicken on bread. Unbelievable. It got bad and I had to have him spoken to by the bosses.

I had an Aunt that lived well into her 90s. She cholesterol was super sky high!!!!!
Mine has never been too awful high, and I have had a triple bypass.
Never ate much fried foods, never eat at fast food.
Super active, worke HARD, all my life and I don't mean jogging.
Now I take Statins, blood thinners, etc. and eat WTF I want!!

I won't begrudge anyone their favorite breakfast. I'm never going to tell anyone they shouldn't eat anything. Do what you love. As for me, I've had the ultimate in guilt trips from rabbi's and I still eat pork and other foods.
I was raised on a dairy farm and my grandma made breakfast every morning.
There was always a meat; usually bacon or sausage, potatoes, eggs, and toast or biscuits. Sometimes it was sausage or bacon gravy with biscuits and that was always terrific.
The only time we ever really ate cereal was when we spent the night at a friends or when we weren't going to be home.
As I've gotten older, I generally won't bother eggs. I'll eat them, but I don't go looking for them and I'm not eating an omelette. I'm not sure if it's because one of my jobs as a kid was to collect eggs in the morning or what, but I don't like eggs.
I will eat sausage gravy and biscuits like it's no one business though. I can make that stuff and it's great! I can make Army style S.O.S. pretty damn good too.
My favorite breakfast meal is biscuits and gravy, 2 sausage patties, hash browns and white toast with strawberry jam. A big ol' glass of orange juice just rounds out the meal!
If I'm out, chicken fried steak with gravy is a favorite. I will occasionally go to IHOP and have their smoked sausage breakfast w/pancakes.
I mostly don't worry to much about what I eat, I just try not to eat to much of it. Breakfast I will eat more, but I eat like a bird the rest of the day.
I will add just this, in 2003, I was in an explosion in Iraq. When I recovered I realized something super important, that is, Nobody here, gets out alive.
Don't ever die wondering if you should have had that jelly doughnut.

Last edited:
Don't every die wondering if you should have had that jelly doughnut.

Sometimes I eat desert first. Never know when you're going to clock out. Could be choking on your dinner so eat that brownie first.

Since I learned that my favorite sugarhouse closed during the pandemic I started buying 4 quarts of maple syrup from another farm in that area and having them ship it down here. I think we are doing that twice a year at this point. I do French toast and deer sausage every Sunday morning for my bunch. Gio's Taxidermy makes an awesome breakfast sausage.

If we're visiting Houston there is a place in the Medical District called Sweet Paris that serves this crepe with smoked salmon and capers. It sounds weird but I love that thing. "The Alaskan"

That’s the whole thing right there !
Some people can eat anything and stay thin and healthy while others struggle eating healthy and exercising only to be told there near death doors and have to improve themselves.

I had a co worked like that. He would only eat lettuce and eggs for breakfast and lunch. He lived to tell me everything I’ve done and am doing wrong siting his own constraints as law for everyone. He would shout across the shop floor obscenities and ridicule me for eating chicken, yes! Eating grilled chicken on bread. Unbelievable. It got bad and I had to have him spoken to by the bosses.

Every one is different. You only need to figure out what works for you.

When I was a ten ager there were few fat people, be it children , teenagers, or adults. Wonder what changed? Amount, work ethic, type of food, the "EPA"!????:poke::rofl:

When I was a ten ager there were few fat people, be it children , teenagers, or adults. Wonder what changed? Amount, work ethic, type of food, the "EPA"!????

All of it. I would say a lot of it is high fructose corn syrup and palm kernel oil and palm seed oil.

Chicken Fried Steak and eggs with hashbrowns, bacon, biscuit and really good gravy.

reality: Greek yogurt, stealcut oatmeal with berries. Coffee

Chicken Fried Steak and eggs with hashbrowns, bacon, biscuit and really good gravy.

Y'all inspire me. We went to a world-class local breakfast house today (Breakfast at Valerie's) and I treated myself to the above, minus the bacon. It was divine.

My normal breakfast is a banana, apple and a fruit cup or pudding cup. (If the grand-kids left any in the fridge).

I am not a big eater, but sometimes camping or the weekends, biskets-n-gravy, sausage, bacon, and hash browns makes a awesome breakfast.
Or make eggs, hash browns, sausage all in a big cast iron pan, after cooking everything roll up in a nice big burrito.

Home made sausage gravy is the best, fry the sausage, remove sausage, add flower to the grease and stir until thick, good stuff.

Scrambled eggs; sausage gravy; fried 'taters and onions; links, pork, ham, or steak. And plenty of coffee.

-
Back