Breakfast! What do you like?

-
You guys probably don't know what a Coonass is do ya?

When I was in the Air Force I transferred to Arkansas and there was a guy with the last name "Lafleur" in the unit. He had what I thought was a speech impediment. Come to find out he didn't have a speech impediment, he was just a coonass, lol. By the way, we got along just fine.

With my recent health issues (I was diagnosed with Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (aka PSC) in February), my doctor suggested a healthier diet. Cutting WAY back on processed foods. So for breakfast, I've been making an omelette with spinach, red onion & feta cheese. Along with a lightly buttered toasted multigrain english muffin, an apple or a clementine and a glass of low-fat milk or a glass of V8 fruit juice. It's actually quite tasty!
Thats about what my doc wants me to have at max and that’s minus the real butter.
Ohhhhh! Love you!
That is reality right there!

If this was my wife and she "cooked" me pizza for breakfast......I would say, "Princess, pizza again, you're the best"! lol

blonde cook.jpg

Every morning for the last 20 years........Large flake oatmeal with blueberries, flaxmeal, and kefir. Cottage cheese with almonds, and a banana.

Lately, I’ve developed a liking for bisquets and gravy. Given my problem with cardio vascular can’t eat it often.

Speaking of Cajuns I asked a friend of mine that is Cajun what the difference was between a Cajun and Coonass. He didn't hesitate and said a Cajun has a boat and a truck and all a Coonass has is a boat!

Speaking of Cajuns I asked a friend of mine that is Cajun what the difference was between a Cajun and Coonass. He didn't hesitate and said a Cajun has a boat and a truck and all a Coonass has is a boat!

So true. I have a Mopar bud that used to make trips to La from Mo. He had meet a Coonass famly there and was buying parts of of them. Nicest people in the world, they wold feed him, take him into town and buy dinner, put him up, .......they lived in a shack with a dirt floor, and there in the middle of the "living room" would usually be a SB chevy sitting on an engine stand!!!!

I would go down there sometimes in the cold winter, and hunt something. I stopped at a country gas station in S W La. one day, and there a couple of guys (Coonass) and one guy was telling a jke, nope a story. I was listening to his accent and trying to understand the story... I figured surely it would be worth the LONG wait.....I finally gave up and left.
If a guy does not know the difference between fried chicken and gator tail......well......

Lately I've been having 2 hard boiled eggs and chasing with 12oz V8 vegetable juice.

Lately I've been having 2 hard boiled eggs and chasing with 12oz V8 vegetable juice.

Normally, since my heart issues, it’s just two hard boiled eggs, two slices of toast and “I can’t believe it’s butter” spread with two cups of coffee.

Then it’s to the home gym for easy weight lifting. Doc’s advice. So I contacted a co-worked of mine I’ve known the entire cares some. He has been body builder by his whole life and we talked for a while.

“20 lbs. for your arms Bobby! That’s all you’ll need!”
I almost didn’t believe him. I couldn’t even draw breath when two other co-workers confirmed that. And they looked good. So that’s the deal. As my co-worker said, “We ain’t young anymore, you’ll just hurt yourself attempting to do what you used to.”

Now I just have to be consistent with it.

Once in a blue when I go out to breakfast and get some bacon & corned beef hash in addition.

-
Back