Breaking up is hard to do.

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Fabo is no help LOL

I recently had a mind to make some life altering choices so I thought to downsize my collection.

So I go through my list of cars and I think, ok I will eliminate 3 cars ...that will net me some cash for other endeavors and be that much less to worry about.

So I figured I would eliminate my valiant wagon and a duster.

So I log onto fabo and first thing I see is a thread of a member saving a duster ...I think wow that looks a lot like my duster was when I first got it and I suddenly went down memory lane of how exciting it was and how much I was in to it.

When I got it, the last thing I ever thought was parting with it, and here I am at a life cross road and I still cant think of it. So I guess I might be the "I will fix it someday people" but does a passion change things and really matter when a car is sitting idle......I don't really know the answer to life.

Its a sickness and FABO is no help LOL ...of course I mean that in a good way.

so now I am thinking to eliminate a different hobby and see if I can part with some cars a few years from now, after I am in too deep into a new life to ever turn back.

Mopar or No Car forever

IMG_1103.JPG

Why don't you break up with that big B body wagon?
That's no car for a sweet little girl like you
On the other hand, I got two kids in car seats and another one on the way...i could use a more door family hauler
:poke:

There is no known cure for Moparitis.

Decisions are not easy at times, stay strong but also listen to your heart.

I’ve never had a problem getting rid of a car. I decide I want to liquidate and I do it. I don’t get how people get so attached to them.

Sing to the tune of "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do";

Do do do
Cut down down
Comma, comma, cut list of to do down down
Comma, comma, cut list of to do down down
Cut list is hard to do

This won't take your love away from them
It won't leave your heart in misery
This won't make you Basin Street Blue
But cut lists are hard to do

Remember when you had that Sublime first sight
And you thought of each of them all through the night
Think of what that you've all been through
And letting Green Go is hard to do

They say that cut lists are hard to do - maybe
Now you know
You know that it's not Plum Crazy
Don't think this is the end
Instead of cut lists think of shifting up again

Do not think of it as goodbye
Just think of more love with the keepers to 'Ply?
Come on, Rani, you can start anew
Fate may take a Lemon Twist for you

(They say that cut lists are hard to do)
Now you know
You know that it's true
(Don't think that this is the end)
Instead of cut lists think of shifting up again

Do not think of it as goodbye
Just think of more love with the keepers to 'Ply?
Come on, Rani, you can start anew
Fate may have a Panther Pink sunrise for you

(Do do do cut down cut list down down down)
Comma, comma, down to do list down down
Comma, comma, down to do list down down
Comma, comma, down to do list down

;-)

I just went thru this. I sold/gave away everything. Just the Hell Cat, soon to be a Demon, and the 69 Dart 'Vert. left.

got a yard full of automotive projects. bout half mopar, rest anything from peterbilts to 4wheelers with a hand full of circle track cars tossed in just to pump up the wasted cash. and im in the middle of deciding what to keep and what to let go...keep it all, buy more, hell with responsible thinking!

edited so kerndog could comprehend the ramblings of a old redneck...

Last edited:
got a yard full of automotive prodject in my yard bout have mopa rest from peterbilts to 4wheelers with a hand full of circle track tosed in just to pump up the wasted cash and in middle of deciding what to keep and what to let go...keep it all, buy more, hell with responsible thinking!
???????
Fresh out of rehab and back on the sauce already ??

I went thru almost the same issue. I had my 69 Dart on Ebay a few years ago and there was a member that almost won the auction! But I cancelled the auction just in time and I still have it. Just couldn't do it.

Oi, I got a beater Mazda truck my little kid loves and my Dads SC400 he willed to me. Yeah, hard to part with 'em.

I brought home a Duster in the middle of the night. I slept in late and woke up to go check it out and it was gone. My wife had it towed after walking outside to take the dogs for a walk. She walked out saw it turned around and called the tow truck. That kinda took care of my holding on to cars. I’ll just stick with ONE I’ve got.

I brought home a Duster in the middle of the night. I slept in late and woke up to go check it out and it was gone. My wife had it towed after walking outside to take the dogs for a walk. She walked out saw it turned around and called the tow truck. That kinda took care of my holding on to cars. I’ll just stick with ONE I’ve got.
Wow, Can I assume you called the tow truck driver back to tell him he forgot something? Your wife. I promise you my wife doesn't have the ovaries to pull a stunt like that!

Put a starter on that SC400. That will make parting with it easier! lol
That car drives like a dream. Clear is starting to check on top and nose and 1 rip in the passenger leather seat. Other than that, thing is cherry. Kids going to drive it in 6 months.

-
Back