Brice Road vs Heath?

-

GoldenGirl

Reaction score
Hello all,

Last year after the MoparNats someone mentioned that Heath was the place to see the great cruisin' and that Brice Road is now less than desirable. We have stayed on Brice Road for the last couple of years and have noticed that there aren't as many cars as there used to be.

I've just made my reservations on Brice Road again (they make you get them the first week in January) but now they are requiring you to come on Thurs and leave on Sat. Because of work commitments, we have always come on Friday and stayed through Sunday leaving on Monday. Not happy about this change at all!

Does anyone know of a good hotel in Heath that is on the cruise route? I have never been to Heath and don't know where the cruise runs so wouldn't have any idea which hotel would be best located. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks much!

GG

HEATH is the place when going to the nats,,only reason to go to the nats in my opinion,for a show carlisle is the place,,carlisle has no cruising or nite life,,,

heath only has a couple hotels,,im sure they are booked ,,,,but it is worth the drive to heath from your hotel on brice,,,or just hang out at the nats,,heath is only about 8 / 9 miles east of the track,,,im considering going this year,,,

the cruise at heath is sponcered by the heath police,,,and they only do it fro the mopar event,,the heath cops run a swinger in the DARE program,,

the last time i was there,,they had a band for the cruise at the shopping center,,that is in the middle of the cruise,the meeting spot,,,some local guys come out with there non mopar cars,,but its a great time,maybe even better then brice road use to be,,,

im told the same heath is where its at. good luck trying to get a room i've been trying for 2weeks now with no luck! F@*K BRICE ROAD!!!!

I was in heath last year for the nats. Seemed to be alot of action there. Plenty of burnouts and ppl getting pulled over. Not sure how brice road is since ive never been there but i heard its not as good as it was before.

We normally stay at the Courtyard in north Heath but wasn't able to get reservations even right after the 08 Nats so we're staying in Zanesville about 25 east of National Trail. At least the room rates are better than Heath/Brice Rd

took my wife to the nats one year and we stayed at zanesville. as we're eating breakfast the first morning there she gets the local paper and on the front page was an article about a guy that was having problems with local vandals so he waited for them at his residence just inside the door and when a kid stepped up to his door to "unscrew the bulb" in the porch light, said homeowner shoots him dead through the door,,,,,,,,,zanesvile huh? inzanesville is what the wifey calls it

sounds like ever vandal needs to go visit zanesville,,,sounds like my kind of place,,shoot first,,forget asking questions,,,,

well 25 miles east isnt so bad,,, when i go to the nats i stay in north columbus near the air port,,,nice place,,not sure the correct mileage,, heath only has a few hotels from what i seen,,,and brice road is the pitts,,,brice road starting to look like a ghost town,,smal busniess closeing,,,etc,,,

We normally stay at the Courtyard in north Heath but wasn't able to get reservations even right after the 08 Nats so we're staying in Zanesville about 25 east of National Trail. At least the room rates are better than Heath/Brice Rd

i am also staying in zanesville, super 8 in heath isnt worth 150

for anyone that needs a room in heath try http://hotel-guides.us/usa-hotels.html i just reserved a room at $56 bucks anight im sure its a sh@thole but its cheap and leaves me more money to buy parts oh yeah its at the super 8 in buckeye lake i map quested the distance between the hotel and track 8miles so it works for me good luck

Heath is the place to be Friday and Sat nights during the Nats. It's very hard to find a room. Plenty of hotels, just all booked up. Good luck finding a room there. See you in August. It can't come soon enough. :clock:The temp here in Minneapolis is going down to -20 tonight.

Heath is the place to go now.I have only missed the Nationals 1 year since 1986.Brice Rd is Dead.Hope to take the GTS this year..
Jim

-
Back