Brought the Demon home tonight!!!

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have been following the saga of the Demon along, I finally pulled the trigger and bought the car today. For those who haven't, check out this thread...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=60273

When I got over there to pick it up, the guy had installed the new master cyl and bled the brakes. He said the water pump was now leaking, but by the time I got it home it wasn't. The clutch is shot, and it has some other little bugs that need to be worked out, but overall, I very happy with the purchase!

My buddy and I took it back to work and just did a preliminary clean up and I think she's lookin pretty good. Here are a couple of pics and a link to the whole photobucket page if you want to see them all.

Thanks to everyone who convinced me that buying this car was a good idea. I think it's going to be a fun little summer car!!

71Demon4-09025Medium.jpg

71Demon4-09026Medium.jpg

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/bdtunks/demon/?start=all

He knocked $100 bucks off because he felt bad about the water pump seaping! I think the car has just been sitting so long, it has some seals that need to soften up.

Needs a headliner BAD. Front seat needs to be recovered. I'll probably just buy a cheap JCWhitney cover like the one that's on it. Dash lights were dim, then went out completely. Lots of little things, but nothin I can't fix. Going to try and do everything on the cheap if possible.

I think you did really well for $2900.00.I wish I could find a Demon like that for $3K.So what are your plans for it.V8 4 speed??
Jim

Your new Demon is sharp. I like the red paint. I bet your face is sore from smiling so much. Re: dash lights. Somebody told me to turn the knob back & forth a few times...sure enough it worked. I don't have the full range of brightness but who cares as long as you can see the guages at night. Good luck!

Congrats to you!!! If I could find a Demon like that I'd be tearing parts off the Dart in a hurry LOL !

Nice car.

I did the same thing, brought my latest Demon home last weekend.

Good score!! 3K ($2900) for a rust free car is well worth it.

We just drug home a truly "rust free" 69 valiant roller for $3100. It has real good seats, dash, 8 3/4/3.91's and new steering box.

Good Luck with your new project.

So what are your plans for it.V8 4 speed??
Jim

Nah, probably just fix it up and drive it. My other Dart has a 340 and I was planning on building a stroker for it. My 12 year old daughter has already laid claim to the Demon! She thinks she wants to drive it when she turns 18. Should be finished by then!

Did another 3 hours of clean up on her again tonight. Pulled the back seat and got the build shield out. Painted the faded rear package tray. Cleaned everything real good and put it back together. Found the original Bill of Sale from Aug 1971. This was a true two owner car. The title I have is still in the original owners name. The guy I bought it from owned it a year and half and then sold it. I would like to know what he gave the old man for it!

More picts.

71Demon4-09045Medium.jpg

71Demon4-09039Medium.jpg

71Demon4-09044Medium.jpg

71Demon4-09036Medium.jpg

Gongrats Brian, that is a well bought car! Good luck with what ever you decide to do with it. Guess i would do a little fluff up and drive! Demons are one of my favorite mopars period.
Matt

-
Back