Bucket seat track adjuster wires

-

69GT

Reaction score
I was finally getting around to reinstalling the buck seats in my 69 Dart today. I had taken them apart, painted the tracks and had the seats reupholstered about 6 or 7 years ago. I had forgotten that I hadn't reinstalled the wires that connect the track adjusters under the seat. I was having trouble fitting one of them and it seemed it was too long so I cut it to match the other one. I did this thinking the longer wire was not the original to one of my seats and that I had picked it up along the way somewhere as a replacement for a broken wire. Well, apparently that was not the case and both wires were the originals so now I have to get a replacement wire for the longer one I cut. Anyway, I have a some questions as I can't remember exactly how these wires were set up. First, which seat got the longer wire? Second, did both seats use the metal strap that hooks to the j-bolt screwed into the frame? And third, if they both used the strap, did one seat have the j-bolt attached at the front of the seat frame and the other at the rear or were they both attached at the front? Pics would be great if anyone has any.

Longer wire, passenger side, it passes through the flat strap.

I have seen many driver side bases with the J hook, but it was only actually used on the passenger side.

-
Back