bucket seats and console.

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
buddy wants to put bucket seats and auto console in 71 duster. some local yocal told him that the inboard holes are not drilled for the buckets. that i can believe. he told him that the console brackets are not avail and that the floor pan is not marked for console brackets. i think he is right on the seat holes but wrong on the other 2 counts. so buddy removed carpet and no holes for inboard seat tracks but dimples are there for console brackets. what do you do for seat holes and best place to get console brackets. tia

You have to put the track down and mark the right holes. I have a 74 Duster and I put my buckets in a while ago and you don't use the bench seat holes, I did have dimples for the bucket seat holes. The floor tunnel had only the flange for the shifter but no dimples for the brackets for the console on my car. The brackets for the console are available, I bought mine from summit.

Holes for buckets are dimpled in the earlier cars, but also have reinforcement plates on the inboard. I have pics of the console bracket locations. The brackets were available from AMD, not sure if they still are.

Best price I found for my console brackets was Ebay. I'd do the driver bucket first, then the console- it was tighter than I was expecting with my Procar buckets. I found the measurements are posted here somewhere.

console.jpg

buddy wants to put bucket seats and auto console in 71 duster. some local yocal told him that the inboard holes are not drilled for the buckets. that i can believe. he told him that the console brackets are not avail and that the floor pan is not marked for console brackets. i think he is right on the seat holes but wrong on the other 2 counts. so buddy removed carpet and no holes for inboard seat tracks but dimples are there for console brackets. what do you do for seat holes and best place to get console brackets. tia
The inboard holes are not drilled, and the inboard holes have reinforcement plates welded to the floor for support. You can find used console brackets online. If you move to a floor shifter, the floor shifter linkage is different than column linkage.

This is something I've been wanting to do to mine since I bought the car. Are the seat brackets something that needs welded on?

As mentioned before - the location for the inside holes on a 71 car are big dimples in the floor board... just drill them out. Outboard holes are located by looking at the under floor pan bracket that the bench seat studs go through. There is a second hole in the bracket welded to the floor pan - just drill it out from the bottom, and then remember to get a set of the rubber plugs that go in the bench seat holes. Those plugs are still available somewhere - I bought 4 of them 6-9 months ago.

-
Back