build thread for jamies dart..:)

-
oh ok.. yea they fit good..

its funny you say that though. another guy on the forum said he had issues of his doggies falling off..

Yeah, at first I though I may have put too much paint on them, but I had to get into the metal a bit with my grinder to get them to sit well.

Either way, I'm really liking the way Jamie's dart is turning out. I thought you were going HEI???

Yeah, at first I though I may have put too much paint on them, but I had to get into the metal a bit with my grinder to get them to sit well.

Either way, I'm really liking the way Jamie's dart is turning out. I thought you were going HEI???

was going to do HEI. but decided to put that in my D100 after i saw and bought the msd dist for a good price.. i won't have to recurve or anything in the truck.. the msd is faster and easier to recurve so i figured it would be good in the dart.

Car looks great. The exhaust manifolds look a heck of a lot better than when they left here! :)

I had read somewhere that the caps would come off the WV wheels.
Has anybody else read/or KNOW about that? I'm looking to do the same as Jamie did.

I had read somewhere that the caps would come off the WV wheels.
Has anybody else read/or KNOW about that? I'm looking to do the same as Jamie did.

only saw one person here complain about the dog dishes coming off a WV wheel.. i know we put 700 miles in that week on the WV wheels a month after i put them on.. all different conditions.. highway, bumpy back roads and all that and never had an issue. probably only put a few hundred local miles on them since then and all four are still where i put them.

Last edited:
July 29 2016

Got the radiator back today. Wasn't expecting it till next week. Dropped it off Monday and got the call today. Looks good.

It is Stock 3 row radiator. Now it's a 3 row with a high efficiency core. Should be good to go. :)

1058240E-0E20-4BC9-97B0-A98EDA75B607.jpg

DD9B2E58-93D8-4622-9E8E-71D5D307BC29.jpg

8B63924F-AC12-42F3-9C6B-281D684FE059.jpg

When I started daily driving my '73 it had doggies on the stock 14" factory wheels.
I had 5 of them. But after I had lost 2 of them with only 1 found back, I decided to just put the remaining 4 on my garage wall.
Couldn't get them to stay put long enough. Probably too much flex in the steel wheels because of the modern day tires.

20111126-57Hemi-IMG_1640.jpg

Maybe the doggies were stretched out and fit too loose? Guess it could have been anything though.

The aluminum dog dishes are more likely to become frisbees than the stainless counterparts. Must be something to do with heat cycles.

Nice build. Any plans for sub frame connectors? After doing sub frame connectors and the hellwig sway bar my Valiant handles much better.

Nice build. Any plans for sub frame connectors? After doing sub frame connectors and the hellwig sway bar my Valiant handles much better.

yea sooner or later it will get them.. i could really feel it when we put them on my yellow dart.

8-3-16

so today i picked up the paint for the engine. its a high solids urathane and also grabbed the epoxy primer for under it..

DSC_0013_1.jpg

a summit order also came today.. throttle and kickdown cables, break in oil, fuel rail, ex manifolds bolt kit, plug wires. pump to carb fuel lines, plug wire holders, and a second oil filter for after cam break in that i forgot to order the first time...:)

getting there. have a few more little things to get and i'll be ready for the swap..

DSC_0012_1.jpg

Love using good exterior car paint,on engines. Done once,it's over...

Perfect idea....Say you are building the car for the wife. :)

Subscribed.

lol.. oh its her car.. she sold her 69 and bought this one. putting it together liks she wants it.. there are some things i would have done different if it were mine.. i put all the time and money in it though. she doesn't drive it much either. infact she will take my 65 d100 to work before getting in the dart. she even said maybe we should sell the dart and keep the truck one day. i wanted to slap her..lol

i think with the v8 in it she will like it more. if not i'll take it out regularly and beat it..:)

Last edited:
ok so i think i have just about everything but trans fluid, anti freeze and hose clamps.. i'm sure there will be a couple little things i'll have to run out for when the time comes though...

trans was finished up today... i'll grab it when i get home from vacation next weekend.. then the motor will get painted and hopefully early sept it will go in. i really want it in and a few weeks of driving on it before it goes the 3 hours to ocean city md cruise in oct...

here it is getting all cleaned up and the new stuff thats going in....

80E3A0A7-1635-4B00-BCEE-5C8F85B7BE48.jpg

4AE77736-42CD-440D-B5EE-3D966D382618.jpg

A978F6CB-5FE1-48A0-A92B-828D93623AA7.jpg

B946FBE8-F00B-46BD-80E3-3C73BE8473D0.jpg

Last edited:
new parts...
1A0285EA-0401-4C31-9AC2-D02BAD09B7F8.jpg

going back together

5B0D1245-A715-4341-829E-0B0F4EB1D342.jpg

D2C0F3F0-8F3D-4DF4-8ECE-1BE0A7F0DBFF.jpg

3EA61B30-2DEC-443F-BD78-61C2E78E4480.jpg

the old parts.. thats wear from 11 years, two motors in my yellow dart and a year or so in a friends cuda...
A646FA3F-7A2B-44A4-8130-DFC0756260BE.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back