built a new package tray

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
i needed a package tray for my dart. the old one is hammered. used some 1/8" hard board and made a new base then used 3m super 77 spray adhesive and glued some vinyl that matches the back seat pretty close. all done i have $26 into it and it looks pretty darn good if i do say so myself.

im not awesome. just cheap. lol new ones are like 60 bucks then you gotta pay to ship them.

I like that better, the factory ones are hard to clean cause of the rough texture, yours being smooth you can just wipe it clean, plus, it looks way better! You should make a few extras, bet you could sell them :glasses7:

Looks great,

I'm going to show my son this thread,.. he's been yakkin about making one,, here's some great motivation,.. thnx for sharing..

I like that better, the factory ones are hard to clean cause of the rough texture, yours being smooth you can just wipe it clean, plus, it looks way better! You should make a few extras, bet you could sell them :glasses7:

$40 and i got enough material to build 2 more. i can whip them up in an afternoon.

Looks great,

I'm going to show my son this thread,.. he's been yakkin about making one,, here's some great motivation,.. thnx for sharing..

do it man. its pretty easy and its a quick project. dont know about you guys but i love instant gratification.

exactly what I wanted to do... But mine doesnt have one to make a template out of.

i LOVE how this turned out.

I kept the old raggety one from my 64 Dart for a pattern to do the same thing.Now I know it will look great and save money.( I'm a real cheapskate)Great job.

That looks the balls! Now I know what I'm gonna do with mine. It will probably make a better base to attach two small speakers to for the aftermarket radio i'm going to install too.

Very nice job! I bought one last year for my Scamp, and with shipping it was waaay more than what it was worth!

Nice job! that is what this hobby is about, building stuff that puts your mark on the car.
Andrew

The sun will eat up anything there that isn't UV stable. Years ago I used carpet to cover the shelf in our first notch back. Wasn't long before the fibers were flying in the wind.

The sun will eat up anything there that isn't UV stable. Years ago I used carpet to cover the shelf in our first notch back. Wasn't long before the fibers were flying in the wind.

the vinyl should do ok in the sun. its furniture grade vinyl. if it gets screwed up them im out $26.

$40 and i got enough material to build 2 more. i can whip them up in an afternoon.

yg 2.0....it looks great and I might end up doing that...with the 1/8" board and material, how much height is left in the opening?...kind of a connected question....to get the seat back out, does it release bottom out first or top out first or some other way? I have a 73 2dr Dart and am just learning about the car... once again, nice job!!!!!! Greg

-
Back