burn out troubles

-

aaronk785

Reaction score
Have a problem with my bracket car when doing the burnout The car wants to fish tail to the right about 50% of the time. Doesn't seem to matter where I position it in the burn out box. goes straight down the track just not during the burn out. Car is a 70 challenger about 3400# 3300# s/s springs and 29.5x10.5 mt slicks. Battery is over the right rear. Car runs 6.70 in 1/8 mile with high to mid 1.40s in the 60 ft. When it goes right immediately it ruins my burn out and my 60 ft. Hard to be consistent that way. Suggestions please. Thank you.

The distance between wheel centers on these things are commonly 1/2 inch shorter on the passenger side.

It's called 'thrust angle'. Check into it.

Last edited:
I guess go back to the beginning....has the car always done this? If not, what has changed? Tires new? Swap them side to side.........Measure the diameter; try a different set of tires.

The distance between wheel centers on these things are commonly 1/2 inch shorter on the passenger side.

It's called 'thrust angle'. Check into it.

Sounds like a possibility..............

Assuming a torqueflite, Are you starting your burnout in 2nd and shifting immediately to 3rd?

Thanks for all the replies. I will switch tires and see if that helps. Also hit them harder to spin quicker. I always start in second and leave it there. I will shift to third next time. If none of this works I will look into the thrust angle. Ill try the easy stuff first. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Thanks for all the replies. I will switch tires and see if that helps. Also hit them harder to spin quicker. I always start in second and leave it there. I will shift to third next time. If none of this works I will look into the thrust angle. Ill try the easy stuff first. Thanks again for your suggestions.
sounds like a difference in roll out, the left side isn`t getting as much bite as the
right, or visa-versa.

put a 8th inch shim where your left spring pad fastens to the car your left side is a hair ahead of the right . its easy with torque boxes .
fixed my car up my burnout is straight now .

Disk or drum up front? Right front brake not holding? Strut rod or control arm bushings shifting?

Last edited:
easy stuff is with a tape measure!!!!!!!!!!!

-
Back