Burnout RPM?

-
100 RPM below where it blows up! :-D

Depends on the engine and driveline. I like to get the wheel speed in the 80-90 mph range. Figure out what that would take using tire height, rear gear, trans ratio, etc and set the chip there.

100 RPM below where it blows up! :-D

Depends on the engine and driveline. I like to get the wheel speed in the 80-90 mph range. Figure out what that would take using tire height, rear gear, trans ratio, etc and set the chip there.

:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10: 100 RPM below where it blows up!
Still laughing :-D

I've got a smallblock,but don't see why the burnout would be any different from a bigblock..i usually start in second gear get the tires spinning,bring it up to about 5000-5500 rpms switch to third,get some real good smoke going then let off and roll forward,i'm a big fan of a long smoky burnouts...:-D

I am a big fan of burnouts too! :toothy10: I run a 340 4-speed, start in first, but ususally I have to shift quick, I try to keep the rpm's no higher than 6,300 when shifting.

I've got a smallblock,but don't see why the burnout would be any different from a bigblock..i usually start in second gear get the tires spinning,bring it up to about 5000-5500 rpms switch to third,get some real good smoke going then let off and roll forward,i'm a big fan of a long smoky burnouts...:-D

Your wheel speed at 5500 in high gear may be very different from a car with 5.38's and a 28" tall tire. One of our old cars did burnouts in the 8000 range, it was a 300" small block.

I agree - Smoky burnouts are fun! :cheers:

Never gave RPM much thought. Is it that inportent? I just rev it up and dump the clutch and let them suckers spin. LOL But I have no idea what I am doing and run street tires.

Just put the pedal to the metal who watches RPM's.66340sedan you turn it no hader than 6300 come on I turn my Big Block way harder than that.You should be twisting that 340 atleast 7500 RPM's
Jim

thanks for the help I will start with a 5200 chip. I just didn't want to spin the tires faster than needed to get the tires ready.

You're on the right road now... I have my rev limiter set at 5500 so I let off a little bit when I here the motor hit the limiter.

I do my burnouts at 6200 rpm,limiter set at 7200.Side note I would not do a burnout against the limiter it's hard on parts.Just like a misfire in the engine.

you don't need to do a burn-out at any rpm faster than it takes to spin the tires in high gear and certainly no faster than 5000rpm's. your slicks will be hot enough just as they start to smoke and hook the best the first hit, no dry hops are needed because after the they will not hook as good. just as they start to smoke let off the line loc and ease out of the water and let of the throttle, go to the line and blast off. it doesn't get any better than that.

Put the car in 2nd run it up to 5000 rpm roll out of the water and let off the throttle and go to the line.

My Duster and the race car
IMGP0369.jpg

IMGP0364.jpg

cool smokey burnout womanator!!! i run automatics and, i just get er goin and shift it into 2nd then third. when i see smoke going by the window i let er out, clean er out, and stage er up.clean er out again ,and hammer down.by the way womanator, nice post!!!!! we need more postcars.

-
Back