busted water pipes

-
did anyone else have to put on their plumbers hat this week lol i did its a lil cold out

Does a busted water pipe/hose that runs from the intake to the water pump on my smallblock Ramcharger count . Popped on the way home from work last night 2 a.m. 10 degrees outside 10 miles from home .

But as ALWAYS.....the old Ram got me home with an mortally wounded aorta before she qweefed safetly in the driveway !
(love them Dodges......they might let ya down, but they'll always git' ya' home )

Thats why I've been on F.A.B.O. on and off all day today .

Go outside work on the Ram for 5 min. (hands freezing)

Go inside .....warm the hands up for 10 min. ( F.A.B.O.)

Go back outside work on the Ram . You get the Idea !

No, but last year I had an outside hose pipe burst.

I used the quick connect shark bite fittings for a very speedy repair.

No frozen pipes,but I,m working on my K-frame out in the garage.It,s a little chilly out today at -12 LOL.Gotta love a woodstove!:snakeman:

It was 19 this morning and I rode my motorcycle to work. My pipe was frozen but it didn't burst. LOL

Insulation on exterior pipes, from hardware store. This weather is not a killer for North Fla, as it rises pretty quick in the am. Now, like in early 90's; teens and never got above 40 all day- outside good, pipe in shop ruptured; but it was cheap 160 psi waste line (used what I had laying around).

-
Back