Buttons/Caps?

-

coalman

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get these, 1966 Dart? Thanks

IMG_0206.jpg

Those look like standard push in retainers- any auto parts store, even hardware stores.
17664_O__ra_p.jpg

They come in different diameters and lengths.

Thanks, I have used these before, I just thought they might have been metal from back in that time frame.

Those 5 caps/plugs are not factory, someone probably plugged the holes since the Certicard holder is missing....this is what should be there.

2052BE5C-F20C-412C-BF33-2A03608E66AD.jpeg

the card holder does not go there on a 66 I have three, looks like someone may have mounted it there at some point they mount near the shock tower
Joe

This car is so modified it doesn't matter. I sure appreciate the information, they are plastic buttons. I have a hole on the other side I was going to use one for, but I think I might just fill it and paint it. Thanks to all again!

the card holder does not go there on a 66 I have three, looks like someone may have mounted it there at some point they mount near the shock tower
Joe

Yes near the shock tower is the most common but I have seen a few in person on a 66, Barracuda and a Valiant in that location on the top near the front...one is on a 66 Valiant in a junkyard near me has it there and it was an early build 1966 car, that might have been why...or if the car had factory A/C it might have been in a different spot...not exactly sure why but they did put them there in some.

Joe
It IS there on my '66.
Not the original rivets (removed for paint), but is the original location.
upload_2021-12-23_12-6-27.jpeg

And I know it's not an original Certicard, mine was missing so now it holds a Chick-fil-A card in case I get hungry while I'm working on it...

-
Back