Buy it NOW or it's going to the Scrap yard.... 800 Firm !

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't understand folks that advertise like this.?.?. They are only going to get maybe 200 for it at the scrap yard. So, they'll sell it to the scrap yard for 200 but not to me for 250 ??? Why 800 to me ?? I see these type of adds all the time, everywhere!

I don't understand folks that advertise like this.?.?. They are only going to get maybe 200 for it at the scrap yard. So, they'll sell it to the scrap yard for 200 but not to me for 250 ??? Why 800 to me ?? I see these type of adds all the time, everywhere!
I agree---and those "threats" don't work with me.

I said it today to a friend...
After beating the daylight out of his u-joints to get them loose, I remembered the amount of time, effort, torching, banging.. ECT... to get the Chevy Dana 44 disc brake conversion off an old axle I bought and resold...
I said "I'll throw it in the scrap pile" before I'll sell in for less then $***....
Money wise I'm into it almost nothing, but blood, sweat, and elbow grease...
I ain't givin that away...
I throw it away first...
The next guy can dig through craigslist, space book ECT.. drive to bfe, wheel&deal ,and break out his engine hoist when he gets back home and take it out of the back of the truck and then spend a day banging all the rusty old parts off of it and then re-advertise it on Craigslist to get rid of the parts you don't want and then wheel and deal with somebody else to get rid of the Chevy crap you never wanted in the first place...
Yep I'll give it to the scrap or the garbage before I'll see another man walk away with what took so much effort to get for $20.. I would get a $1.50 scrap and be much happier...
Now would I say that in a listing... NO ..
Just silently scrap it...

I did that with a PILE of big block heads and other parts here several years ago only I said "come get it all or it's going to the scrapper". It went to the scrapper.

I've given plenty of stuff away, or at a really cheap price that didn't sell for the original asking price after 3-6 months just so it didn't go to scrap.

I gave away a ton of Dart stuff to a guy for a case of beer because I was tired of tripping over it. He ended up giving me 2 cases, and a V8 K/H front end. That was a score for me. Sometimes being nice goes a long way.

After beating the daylight out of his u-joints to get them loose, I remembered the amount of time, effort, torching, banging.. ECT... to get the Chevy Dana 44 disc brake conversion off an old axle I bought and resold...
I said "I'll throw it in the scrap pile" before I'll sell in for less then $***....
I throw it away first...
The next guy can dig through craigslist, space book ECT.. drive to bfe, wheel&deal ,and break out his engine hoist when he gets back home and take it out of the back of the truck and then spend a day banging all the rusty old parts off of it and then re-advertise it on Craigslist to get rid of the parts you don't want and then wheel and deal with somebody else to get rid of the Chevy crap you never wanted in the first place...
Yep I'll give it to the scrap or the garbage before I'll see another man walk away with what took so much effort to get for $20.. I would get a $1.50 scrap and be much happier...

I used to list every part that I removed off my dart. I listed them all here and all for free.

Well guess what. Now I just throw them away... people suck. You cant even give stuff away.

I gave away three running 350s last year. (At once) i had MORE THAN ONE guy ask me to pull the oil pans and count the cap bolts...

Now days i give it to a friend or the scrap guy. Most people are just a PITA.

Sorta makes me think of this Facebook post I saw today..
Looks pretty good to me to use as a parts car! I mean, all my parts cars have rotten frame rails and the rats got into it, you know, parts car kinda cars.

"Parting out soon, 1964 valiant barracuda Canadian model, winter project, building a 65 using for parts, 273 keeping motor, good rebuilt push button 30000 miles ish, shift speeds maxed 45 in first 85 in second whatever is left after I am done will be for sale keep me in mind"

264486850_10159733531620429_3893657872886272822_n.jpg

265288523_10159733531675429_5265802001303149003_n.jpg

267696165_10159733531715429_9197149375983244452_n.jpg

267784717_10159733531485429_6240514984135604734_n.jpg

Sometimes it’s the principle. I had a 67 Satelite hood for sale at the Garlits swap meet years ago. Told a guy 75.00. He hit me with 50.00. Over and over the next two days. So on Sunday afternoon he came by with the 50.00 BS again. I put it on the ground and ran over it a few times with my 95 Cummins. Then I told him he could have it fir free! Funny thing, he didn’t want it?

Years back I bought a '55 International pickup. Behind the seat was this odd looking tail light. Turns out it was from a '65 Studebaker, drivers side. I put it in the trunk of the Dart and went to a car show in town. There was a '65 Studebaker at the show, I told the guy he could have it for free, he turned it down! Said, "No thanks, mine is fine." I'm like, "You know I said free right? I don't want anything for it, just figured you could use it as a spare." Nope, didn't want it. Fine, I took it home and sold it on Craigslist. Went back to the car show the year after, there's the guy with the '65 Studebaker, and the drivers quarter with tail light are smashed in, someone rear ended him. He had a wanted sign out for a drivers tail light. LOL.

Sometimes it’s the principle. I had a 67 Satelite hood for sale at the Garlits swap meet years ago. Told a guy 75.00. He hit me with 50.00. Over and over the next two days. So on Sunday afternoon he came by with the 50.00 BS again. I put it on the ground and ran over it a few times with my 95 Cummins. Then I told him he could have it fir free! Funny thing, he didn’t want it?
Almost Identical story.
I had a member ask for a friend if I would sell my spare 64 valiant hood.
I really hadn't thought about it but figured ok.
Sent pictures to make sure this guy wanted it.
I told him good hood. Minus the emblem and latch.
NOO PROBLEM!
I dug it out and brink it to Carlisle.
He shows up looks it over. Na it's the wrong hood this is a Valiant
I want a BARRACUDA the latch is different.
Really,. Drill the extra hole and install the latch and face plate.
Anyway the two other members with me said what are you doing, as I put it behind my truck to run it over.
No go take a walk we will sell. It for you. So I did . I came back and they sold it.
Just pissed me off.

I used to list every part that I removed off my dart. I listed them all here and all for free.

Well guess what. Now I just throw them away... people suck. You cant even give stuff away.

I gave away three running 350s last year. (At once) i had MORE THAN ONE guy ask me to pull the oil pans and count the cap bolts...

Now days i give it to a friend or the scrap guy. Most people are just a PITA.
I've given plenty of stuff away to members and had members send me stuff. Generally at our expense as far as shipping goes... The thread here is seeming to hit a bit of a gray area between the original op talking about people actually advertising the fact that they would throw it away or scrap it as opposed to just doing it and somewhere in the gray middle is giving stuff away for free...
I guess the point here is it revolves around who the potential recipient of it is. If it's some dirtbag clown from Craigslist looking to get one over on me I'll throw it in the garbage but take for instance if it was you I would pay shipping and give it to ya...

I've given plenty of stuff away to members and had members send me stuff. Generally at our expense as far as shipping goes... The thread here is seeming to hit a bit of a gray area between the original op talking about people actually advertising the fact that they would throw it away or scrap it as opposed to just doing it and somewhere in the gray middle is giving stuff away for free...
I guess the point here is it revolves around who the potential recipient of it is. If it's some dirtbag clown from Craigslist looking to get one over on me I'll throw it in the garbage but take for instance if it was you I would pay shipping and give it to ya...

I agree 100 percent and thank you. If there is anything I can do / or you ever need, just let me know.

Merry Christmas Brother.

Years back I bought a '55 International pickup. Behind the seat was this odd looking tail light. Turns out it was from a '65 Studebaker, drivers side. I put it in the trunk of the Dart and went to a car show in town. There was a '65 Studebaker at the show, I told the guy he could have it for free, he turned it down! Said, "No thanks, mine is fine." I'm like, "You know I said free right? I don't want anything for it, just figured you could use it as a spare." Nope, didn't want it. Fine, I took it home and sold it on Craigslist. Went back to the car show the year after, there's the guy with the '65 Studebaker, and the drivers quarter with tail light are smashed in, someone rear ended him. He had a wanted sign out for a drivers tail light. LOL.
LMAO. That is kinda like reverse Karma.

How many guys in here have said "Ill scrap it before I take that offer" or something to that effect. It takes all kinds. I get thumbing your nose at a low baller, but who's losing? My Grandmother told my mom once "If someone offers you a broom with a broken handle, you take it and you thank him for it!" IIRC this was after a neighborhood house fire.

Most us car guys love to bargain. But it is an art to bargain and not piss someone off bad.
Some of us are pretty conservative, but some of us are cheap assholes!!? There is a difference.
I have given parts to someone that deserved it, I have hauled stuff to the scraper because no one seemed to want it, unless free.
Sometimes, the worse seller is the guy that needs to sell of some parts to buy something else... and his wife is on his *** about it. Watch out for junk!!!! And that seller is usually :rofl::poke:the guy that thinks a 50 yrs old alternator is worth $50!

Most us car guys love to bargain. But it is an art to bargain and not piss someone off bad.
Some of us are pretty conservative, but some of us are cheap assholes!!? There is a difference.
I have given parts to someone that deserved it, I have hauled stuff to the scraper because no one seemed to want it, unless free.
Sometimes, the worse seller is the guy that needs to sell of some parts to buy something else... and his wife is on his *** about it. Watch out for junk!!!! And that seller is usually :rofl::poke:the guy that thinks a 50 yrs old alternator is worth $50!
I've seen guys pay crazy money for the "right number" no matter what it is.

I throw it away first...
I'm a man of principle. That being said, I'm way past making it about how many whiskers are on my chin. I will always take something for my blood and sweat before I let it drip on the ground for nothing.

In reality, your widget is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, when nobody else wants it.

yep, there is a going market, and it sets the price. Sometimes buyers are states away also.

How many guys in here have said "Ill scrap it before I take that offer" or something to that effect. It takes all kinds. I get thumbing your nose at a low baller, but who's losing? My Grandmother told my mom once "If someone offers you a broom with a broken handle, you take it and you thank him for it!" IIRC this was after a neighborhood house fire.
"who's losing?" - that is exactly the question. I lose nothing by a guy smashing his window because he can't get what he thinks it's worth. It's his loss, not mine

-
Back