Cabin Fever hit.... Looking at Early Ford Broncos

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
Yep.... I am finding myself to be going completely crazy. I have the hankerin' for a early Ford Bronco 1966-1977 series. I have a freind that is so into these that he is becoming a very well known and talented builder of them. Sooo he has finally put enough bug in my head to start "looking around". The dang things still hold good coin value. I dont want a nice one. I want a beat up one. Going to build it for Wheeling and rock crawling and general chaos. Never liked a Jeep, never liked Scouts, Ramchargers are too big and bulky. Bronco seems to fit the need. I am going to stick with the 70-77 years though... maybe..... I have not convinced myself yet. Anyone got a old one sitting in the back 40 waiting to be put back on the road ..or dirt ? Just rambling on about my winter wants.....might just need to get back in the Duster and dream of summer... Any thoughts on my decision ?

-RPM

Sometimes we need to share the things we have.We just junked a 77 302V8 bronco about a month ago.sorry RPM. Mark

Check craigslist in California. There's a few on Sacramento and LA.
Those are the only 2 I checked. Check Portland or Boise. You should
be able to find one. All different price ranges as well. Lee

yep.... I have seen all the ones on Idaho Craigs and in Portland as well.
I had to rephrase the title as I am not whole heartedly seeking one.... just looking to see whats out there. That kind of thing. I do appreciate all the responses. My buddy can put one together real easy. He has about 8 billion parts for one. I'm just wondering what others thought of them and if I should stay true to ma' mopar. I mean surely I wouldnt want to bash a Mopar against rocks.... right ? LOL If the right thing comes along we will pick it up and start building it up for the task.

-RPM

That half-cab is a good deal. Those are even more rare. I wouldnt get it to do what I want to do though. That needs restored. But my eyes caught it when I searched too.

-RPM

I happen to live about 20 minutes from Jeffs Bronco Graveyard, who is one of the major authorities on the early Bronc's. I also happen to be good friends with the guy who restores all of Jeff's Bronco's, and he always has one in his shop in a state of restoration. If you're looking for one, I would highly suggest that you keep his company in mind!! Geof

There's a 69 or 70 model right around the corner from my house. It's sitting under a carport. Guess the owner is "gonna restore her someday."

Wow guys... thanks for all the info and rig ads.

I know of most the Grave yard and builders.... I appreciate that input. My buddy is among those. We are just looking for one that may already have some of the right axles, a lift kit, or something to save some bucks. I like seeing them though.... that last link posted... looks great...might have to make a call...

Again thanks... will see what happens in the near future...

-RPM

-
Back