California Flash

-
mimicked the tower and T handle in Butch's B/MP Direct Connection Hemi Duster....just so he feels at home.

20200609_163031.jpg

20210614_164317.jpg

Last edited:
Had an extra set of hands today so instead of slipping the K / engine / trans into place..... the door windows finally got installed, which means I can finally see what the silver looks like with the black buckets and door panels. Although the Duster is a factory A/C car and will have working A/C, Butch did not want a full black interior due to the 110 plus degree summers in Tulare.

Hope he likes it.

View attachment 1715749348
This is an awesome build, bit I really dislike the silver and black interior.
If heat in the interior was an issue, why not go with white seats and door panels and left the the rest of the interior including the dash black?

This is an awesome build, bit I really dislike the silver and black interior.
If heat in the interior was an issue, why not go with white seats and door panels and left the the rest of the interior including the dash black?

bought it with a chit-brown/ butterscotch interior and got a deal on the (already) black buckets. All black would have been good with me, not for Butch.

but white???....come on man, this ain't your Mommas car.

did not care for the flexi-hose so I made some aluminum manifolds for the fresh air. the blue tape will be gone once they are welded

20210616_115031.jpg

checking the fit on the front wheels.....just need to suck the rear up an inch ....or so

20210622_163715.jpg

U.S. Mags
like everything, seems they went up a good 20% since I bought them 6 months ago

U.S. Mags U10115506525 U.S. Mags Indy U101 Polished Wheels | Summit Racing

Yep, they have gone up a bit. Bad part is, I had a full set of new ones and sold them to @replicaracer43 at a car show here in NC a few years ago when I decided I wanted some 17" Year One Rallye wheels. Now I've flip flopped again. :realcrazy: I'm glad I sold them to him and he got to use them, but now I'll probably get to add more money to what he paid me for them to replace them.....lol. Butch's car is sure coming along nicely!

:thumbsup:

Yep, they have gone up a bit. Bad part is, I had a full set of new ones and sold them to @replicaracer43 at a car show here in NC a few years ago when I decided I wanted some 17" Year One Rallye wheels. Now I've flip flopped again. :realcrazy: I'm glad I sold them to him and he got to use them, but now I'll probably get to add more money to what he paid me for them to replace them.....lol. Butch's car is sure coming along nicely!

:thumbsup:
Ain't that the truth! You want sticker shock on some wheels, price a set of weld draglites these days!

Butch came to the shop to check out his ride and make sure the seat position, shifter and clutch linkage was to his liking. After he had me make a few adjustments, he was ready for the final.

20210629_150804.jpg

Butch came to the shop to check out his ride and make sure the seat position, shifter and clutch linkage was to his liking. After he had me make a few adjustments, he was ready for the final.

View attachment 1715758248

Kick a$$ , but I gotta wonder why butch didnt build his own , did he not build his own stuff back in the day ?
Saw him at Tulsa one time , was right in the hunt , maybe even won one there --------?

Butch says....I did. Butch is 77 and no longer has a shop. He started getting the bug again for a street hot rod after he saw his restored Modified Duster...... besides that, he doesn't charge me anything to work on it.

Kick a$$ , but I gotta wonder why butch didnt build his own , did he not build his own stuff back in the day ?
Saw him at Tulsa one time , was right in the hunt , maybe even won one there --------?

from what I gather talking to Butch....

Butch for the most part built his own engines. In his early years with the help of HL Sheehan, what he learned working for Micky Thompson, and alongside Joe Alread. Butler built the 71 P/S Duster, 73 P/S Duster, 75 M/P Duster and the 75 B/G Arrow in the 70's. Willie Rells built the rest starting with his 1982 Horizon.

Last edited:
-
Back