California Getting Slammed !!!!

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
The subject just about tells it all. Heavy rain fall today, with crazy wind.
Lived in SoCal for 53 years, and dont remember a storm like this.
We needed the water, and boy are we getting it this winter !!!!

The subject just about tells it all. Heavy rain fall today, with crazy wind.
Lived in SoCal for 53 years, and dont remember a storm like this.
We needed the water, and boy are we getting it this winter !!!!
What part are you in? I'm in Camarillo and still above water. Check out this pretty cool site..
DROUGHT & RAINFALL INFORMATION - Ventura River Watershed Council (Lots of good info under the DATA tab)
Current Rainfall Map Interface (some areas over 8" in the last 24 hrs)

Typical La Nina year, lots of rain, happened last time during La Nina too. ALl the people that ***** and moan during "droughts" are sheep! Im in San Diego btw.

There is a radar anomaly happening near Oroville, only it might not be an anomaly because it has now shown up in some form on Weather.com's radar, and clearly on Beale Air Force Base weather radar for WAY TOO LONG to be a glitch.. I am going to post this, because Beale's weather radar has shown this anomaly clearly in all updates for approximately 2 hours. And what does it seem to be doing? DISSIPATING THE STORMS OVER OROVILLE. Yep, at the center of this bullseye the storms are consistently fading as they pass over.

bealanomaly.gif
Keep in mind that this really does look like a common weather radar anomaly, caused by it being out of sync, but usually this only happens for one frame of radar, and this has kept going for hours. Additionally Weather.com's radar is acting funky in this area also. But ACCUWEATHER RADAR SHOWS NOTHING ODD HERE. So maybe different systems reacting differently to whatever it is? If it is anything at all?

I am going to stick with "they got caught, and are now trying to stop a disaster at Oroville, rather than cause one to save their sorry butts." We will know if that "11 inches of rain that is supposed to hit" turns into no consequence for the dam, one way or another.

Yep, its been a crazy winter here in California, today was about as crazy as it gets. Today was called one of the strongest storms in recent history. A months worth of rain in one day. We have so much water right now, its flowing over the banks, bridges, and rivers. The Sierra snow pack is getting close to 40' Feet !! The most snow in the nation !! Severe thunder storms, flash floods, howling winds, trees falling, mud sliding. mandatory vacuations, closed freeways turning into lakes. Crazy.

I just want to know when people are going to get held accountable. 1 and 2 years when "downtown" Jerry Brown stood there saying "OMG global warming/climate change we should be standing on many feet of snow pack ryte now!!!11" which was a total scam. But nope, the sheep, especially illegals, keep voting in exclusively people like him through all state branches of government.

Yeah, this has been some crazy ****. I'm near Folsom Lake in Northern CA. East of Sacramento. The heavy stuff started a few days into the new year. I have friends near Oroville that have been displaced.
Some have said a great rain follows a great drought, well no ****...!!

Woke up to 40-50 mph winds, and rain just OVERFLOWING ,out of my rain gutters,8 hours plus... Couldn't get gas, on the main drag..people were acting, like it was the last day of life, on Earth... Truly amazing,to watch.....

What are you guys, something like 20 miles inland?
3 miles , from my house....to the ramp.. The sand drags, sound like.... quick 16 eliminations ,at PDRA Bakersfield.. ( and that part, I like...)

Gonna rain on and off now a little today.....should be able to take out the 'Cuda tomorrow for a nice drive!

Jeff

Crazy drive home to north OC from La Mirada yesterday afternoon. Kept feeling my '09 Ram 1500 getting blown around by the wind. Good thing that everybody was driving sensibly on the CA-91 fwy - not more than 50 mph.
Rainfall map shows we've had right around 20" of rain here at home this season.
The Sierra snowpack means the falls in Yosemite are going to be huge this year. Mammoth Mountain on the eastern side of the Sierras is forecasting skiing at least until the 4th of July! We keep getting more storms and maybe they'll stretch it out to Labor Day - or all year 'round.

We are getting the storm here. Been raining all day but not in down pours. Suppose to continue raining through tomorrow. It's good in that we need the water.

-
Back