Called Weiand today.

-

Badart

Reaction score
I swear that it's a freakin' conspiracy. I called weiand/holley today to find out if weiand is working on making a new intake for us small block mopar guys, because chevy boys have quite a selection with their intakes. I was hoping that they would be coming out with a Mopar LA version of the X-CELerator or the new Speed Warrier intake. The tech guy that I spoke to told me that as far as he knows nothing is in the works for us. This pisses me off.

I don't mind paying a little more than the chevy boys for an intake, but at least design one to give us an option. My plans for my 360 build now is really limited to a eddy air gap or weiand steath. Not very much to choose from really.

There's little to no market for Mopar stuff like that. Too many guys use old stuff and ***** about prices in the mass markets. It's no good money to even work on it. Plus, the LA and Magnum series are out of production... Should have asked about a single or dual plane for the modern hemi.

You should have asked him if they were ever planning on making an intake that all the holes line up right so you can actually bolt it to your engine.:angry7:

the air gap is better than the stealth . i agree 100% about parts availibility we get nothing or its mega dollar still no reason to be a trader though just have to think harder

they offer an x-celerator for small block mopar.i got one on the shelf.but i agree it sucks the selection for us is slim.

the air gap is better than the stealth .

That's not exactly true. Your application may prefur the RPM A-G over the Stealth, but that doesn't me they suck. Ask Myron about his class winning Duster and what works for him and what doesn't.

(He's won his division many times on and off for years.)

they offer an x-celerator for small block mopar.i got one on the shelf.but i agree it sucks the selection for us is slim.

That's strange because I can't find one on Weiands site, Summit and the tech said they don't make one. Hmmmm

The only reason why I want to say away from the airgap is because I have one on my 318 and it takes forever for my car to run right when it's cold outside. 6 pak scoop sucking in cold air, airgap intake and cold weather don't go good together.

The stealth is REAL close in design to the LD340.....so it hardly sucks. Along the lines of your rant.....I share your disgust. I have had recent similar conversations with Edelbrock regarding the same thing. They have over 20 different part numbers for the small Chevy. It's ridiculous.

So is the X-Celerator an old intake? I thought it was fairly new. If so how does it perform?

the x ellerator is just a gimmick for marketing, the 2 are if not the same dimensions, close.

See...single planes were a racing deal, once the the game changed on the street/manufacture comp, they became the x ellerator.
heck for a while it was the trend for knot heads to buy 'race' parts and throw'em on there mills with hopes of ricky bobby glory on the streets. he he

The ExCelerator is, I'm guessing, a 25 plus year old intake design. It is a 3000 - 7000 rpm intake I beileve. (I could be off)
I remember this intake back in high school...wait, I'm out more than 25 years...yikes!

they used to advertise it at 1500-7000 rpm. lol

it's a good piece....but my LD340 is the ticket in my combo of parts, basically picked up bottom end/mid range by switching to the ld340 over the x ellerator and with seemingly no sacrifice to the top end.
But rev it or 'live' in the 4500 and up RPM range and the weiand takes over.

so...basically, if you shift 7500 rpm, go with the weiand x ellerator

The only reason why I want to say away from the airgap is because I have one on my 318 and it takes forever for my car to run right when it's cold outside. 6 pak scoop sucking in cold air, airgap intake and cold weather don't go good together.

Get the RPM then. It has the heat cross over in it still.

So is the X-Celerator an old intake? I thought it was fairly new. If so how does it perform?
not the greatest below 3000 rpms.i currently am running an eddy street t-ram and it has way more response down low and gives up nothing on top end either compared to the x-celerator.

Loooooooooove my port O sonic............. Wish they still made them, improved...........
I think they still make them,,but the last time I priced one new it was 300 bucks or so
I like offy intakes, had a 360degree equal flow on a 340
got a port o sonic from a member on here, going on a 360 next yr

I have a Holley Dominator intake on my stroker 340, works like a charm. (Can't remember if it's a street or strip dominator, took the motor out when I went big block and it's over at a friends shop).

I have the Stealth on my 318, works great. One thing you need to keep in mind is the ports are 318 sized as cast. Large volume runners that neck down that works great on my setup as far as port velocity.

Plus, the LA and Magnum series are out of production...

...and the SBC that so many manifolds are still offered for is in production? Don't think so. There's just millions of them out there.

i sell edlebrock and wiend on the shelf @work...a little kid could make a better intake than any china:vom: made wiend we sell,its ugly quality:angry7:.

I have a Holley Dominator intake on my stroker 340, works like a charm. (Can't remember if it's a street or strip dominator, took the motor out when I went big block and it's over at a friends shop).

Holley Strip Dom. below.

Attachments

• 100_1624.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 100_1628.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 100_1059.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Copy of 100_0532.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 163
-
Back