cam suggestions for a 360 with B1 BA heads

-

jeffromopar

Reaction score
i am building a 360 for my dart i have a set of ported B1 Ba heads crain 1.5 roller rockers 60 over 11 to 1 ross flat top pistons port matched victor intake headers built 727 with a 8 in 5000 converter 457 gear 8 3/4 rear super stock leaf springs car should weigh about 3000
nor sure what cam to run
i have a mopar performance 312 duration 557 lift cam but not sure it is the best fit for this combo looking for some good suggestions .

I'm thinkin the MP cam ain't got the balls for all that. Probably a solid roller around .650 lift and 250-270 @ .050 on a 110 or 108.

I just got mine fired up today ,but I got the RHS 360 x heads with 2.02 valves on the intake side but I used comp cams ca 20-226-4 cam 550 lift 305-285 with 108 and man is it visious sounding little monster with m1 intake and+ .030 kb 107 pistons .
It takes a little bigger converter I went with 3200 but were over 400 hp with a 650 holley dp on it right now.
but call hughes with your combo and they will steer you right for your use after all its nice to set the car up for how you want to drive it .

With those heads I would be talking with Dwayne porter or Ryan at shady dell. There going to want to know what they flow if they have been ported.

With those heads I would be talking with Dwayne porter or Ryan at shady dell. There going to want to know what they flow if they have been ported.
ok thanks don't know anyone so how could i get in touch with the ones you mentioned .
dont have the flow numbers now got lost in the move . but according to the information i have found these heads flow very well . also i am not set up to run a roller cam

You need a solid roller IMO opinion with that engine. You will never meet the engine's power potential with those heads without one.

Maybe one of the guys recommended can get close to a roller with a good flat tappet recommendation........I am not sure though.

You need a solid roller IMO opinion with that engine. You will never meet the engine's power potential with those heads without one.

Maybe one of the guys recommended can get close to a roller with a good flat tappet recommendation........I am not sure though.
i know there are some good flat tappet cams out there that have fast ramp rates that will get somewhat close to a roller
i hope to have a low 10 sec. car

i know there are some good flat tappet cams out there that have fast ramp rates that will get somewhat close to a roller
i hope to have a low 10 sec. car

yes there are.....

using a hughes 260/264 solid lifter cam...in 71 360 Dart...

Has ran 10.33 @ 128.22 in what the guys at Bakersfield, CA. called not good air..

Cam choice is always subjective when you get to your level. If you do decide to go solid roller, which I personally think will give you the best results.........Call Mike Liston @ MRL Performance about using his lifters and pick his brain for the cam choice. I rarely would suggest a specific shop, but after reviewing many dyno results from his "Mopar only" builds, he's one of the best at choosing cam profiles that will give you the best bang for the buck.

He also is a member here, and a supporter of this site.....http://www.mrlperformance.com/

yes there are.....

using a hughes 260/264 solid lifter cam...in 71 360 Dart...

Has ran 10.33 @ 128.22 in what the guys at Bakersfield, CA. called not good air..
nice. whats your setup/ combination? that looks like it would be a good cam for my motor

71 360 .060 Wiseco flat top pistons...H beam rods, stock crank...
Hughes CnC Eddy open chamber heads, Hughes 1111 valve springs
Hughes FT 260/264 @ .050 with Crane 1.6 roller rockers
Eddy Victor intake, MP race electronic distributor
QFT 950 E85 carb....Hooker 1 3/4 headers.

904 TF with Turbo Action 8 inch converter...
4.56 gears...new dana 60 coming since the 8 3/4 got twisted..

I noticed that the hughes solid camshafts and the ultradyne /bullet camshafts are very very similar in there specs. within like 1 or 2 degrees. im wondering if the same shop is grinding hughes and ultra dyne, mine is a 418 I have a solid 263/267 @0.50 637/651 with a 1.6 . rollers seem to idle smoother, this thing idles at 1000 rpms, sounds like 10 guys are trying to beat there way out of a garbage can... I hope to get it tuned this year on a dyno and make a pass ,

-
Back