Can anyone help with the value of this car?

-
Where in metro Detroit are you skilld?? I live in Pinckney, just outside Ann Arbor!!! Geof

That is a beautiful car. If it's as rust free as it looks who wouldn't want it for the street? I would pay in the 5k to 6k range just not to have any rust to repair maybe more if it's as clean as it looks. Dan

Whatever happens its a great looking car and I hope you get to add it to your garage. Price is what you are wanting to pay and what your uncle will take. I've been pricing demons and dusters for a bit now looking for the right one for me and it seems its all over the place as what people expect out of them.

I would give him the 5 grand and run with it.
That way, if you sell it for a profit or modify it, he has nothing to say.
It's his inheritance, not yours.
I would try to talk him down though, because that's the way i am.......
Got anymore pics?
What a great car to get!

Which Slant Six is in it , 198 or 225 ("B" engine code vs. "C" engine code) ?

GA4 ( "Gunmetal" on Dodge , "Winchester Grey" on Plymouth ) is such a beautiful colour . It's truly uncommon ; and it looks beautiful on the Demon .

While I'm personally a fan of the "Leaning Tower of Power" , its presence here is a sore point . A car with a name of "Demon" needs to have at least a small V8 , in my opinion .
But , herein lays the quandary : the car looks way too nice to modify in any way , including engine swaps . But , if you intend for it to remain a family heirloom , then maybe some easily-reversible mods would be okay ( e.g. , wheels / tyres replaced by , say , Ansen Sprints ; and , a careful removal of those garish side mouldings , bagged and saved for later reinstallation if need be ).

Since it looks so incredibly original from its outward appearance , how about taking some extensive photographs of its engine bay , chassis , etc. , etc. , and sharing them with us ?

Not an expert in this cars and you have gotten a lot of good advice already. Just wanted to say that it is a beautiful car and with the family history, hope you can come to a fair agreement and park it in your garage.

Ma Snart

GA4 ( "Gunmetal" on Dodge , "Winchester Grey" on Plymouth ) is such a beautiful colour . It's truly uncommon ; and it looks beautiful on the Demon .
Since it looks so incredibly original from its outward appearance , how about taking some extensive photographs of its engine bay , chassis , etc. , etc. , and sharing them with us ?

thats what im saying. 5 or 10 pics of this car inside and out would be nice. even if its just to drool over. the /6 or V8 in a car like this makes no difference to me in my book. it looks to be a true "survivor"

I was serious if you cannot afford his asking price . I will buy this car for what I said and more if the trunk. engine compartment and interior are as clean. I would say it worth 7,500 to 10,000. PM me if its not affordable to you. I will give it a good very fast remainder of its life. That is a diamond in the ruff if I ever saw one. I would love to have an a-body that nice to start with on a build. And a Demon to boot. and a very odd color. You got my input and I will be wating to see what happens with your uncle. If I were You I would buy it and wouldn't hesitate for a second.

If you check the NADA guide book you will find:
Low retail: $3465
Average Retail: $5918
High Retail: $9000
Car prices like anything else are subjective. Hope this helps and with it being "in the family" you have to ask the question, is this car to make a buck off of or honoring someone?

and since you said your not a mopar guy.,,,,what will you do with it ??? sell it to me ?? good luck making a deal,, family can get sticky,,

Which Slant Six is in it , 198 or 225 ("B" engine code vs. "C" engine code) ?

While I'm personally a fan of the "Leaning Tower of Power" , its presence here is a sore point . A car with a name of "Demon" needs to have at least a small V8 , in my opinion .
But , herein lays the quandary : the car looks way too nice to modify in any way , including engine swaps . But , if you intend for it to remain a family heirloom , then maybe some easily-reversible mods would be okay ( e.g. , wheels / tyres replaced by , say , Ansen Sprints ; and , a careful removal of those garish side mouldings , bagged and saved for later reinstallation if need be ).

its a 225ci engine. im not sure on codes as the car is 4 hours away from me ( for now :burnout: ) but i will try and get some info this weekend ill shoot up there with cash in hand and make an offer. ill take more photos i know for sure theres no holes anywhere trunk floors ect ect. Not sure on the plans but a turbo blow thru crossed my mind :sign7: ill try and get you guys more info and i really appreciate all the help you guys and gals are Great!

please whatever you do dont hack this car up there are plenty of demons around that have already been hacked that you could build

Man that car is straight. I would have to put a set of original ralley wheels on it and drive that car!! It is a beauty!

You can play that family thing too far.If he gets others-like the ones on here-bidding on it,you can kiss your nephewism good bye.If it is a car that you like and would drive,offer him a descent price.You have heard what most agree that it is worth.Play the poor nephew too much and I guarantee that you will be sitting on the sidewalk,watching someone else drive off with it.Nice car and I would love to have it.6000-9000

You can play that family thing too far.If he gets others-like the ones on here-bidding on it,you can kiss your nephewism good bye.If it is a car that you like and would drive,offer him a descent price.You have heard what most agree that it is worth.Play the poor nephew too much and I guarantee that you will be sitting on the sidewalk,watching someone else drive off with it.Nice car and I would love to have it.6000-9000

No it's not for sale to anyone but me. just wanted to know the value so Icahn make a fair offer without over paying. You guys been a great help thx

OK Michiganders, lets all meet up in Warren and ride up with skilld and help him make this deal with "uncle"!! Hold the drooling until after it is loaded and off to it's new home though, we wouldn't want to sway anybody one way or the other. We are just there for "moral support"!!! Geof

Nice to hear you have an interest in it. Hopefully you can both come to a fair price, and you can enjoy it as much as it deserves.

Grant

sorry about the straight six comment lol i said im not a mopar guy im used to the straight six in my chevyII. Also my uncle has nothing into the car, the way it sits is the way my grandpa left it. Also for the selling part i would never ever sell it. I cant even find any for sale except on here lol. I truly love this car. I also told him that i would never sell it and he knows that but hes having a hard time figuring out a good price. Im trying to speed up the process lol. He said around 5k im thinking like $3,500 for a family discount \\:D/

if the car is as clean as it looks then anywhere in that area price wise its a steal i would think.

without seeing it in person i would think its worth anywhere from $4000 to about $8000. depending how mad some one wanted it.

-
Back